November Chat

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok ladies, what's up in November? Or just random things you want to post about.

In a little over a week we're going to Monterey for 4 days! Can't wait. Then starting to get ready for the holidays. I'm seriously considering hiring a cleaning service to come in around Thanksgiving to really do a deep cleaning. It's getting to hard for me to bend and hurts my back to do to much (these 6 months are going to be long I think). And DH tries, but let's be honest - he doesn't deep clean well at all.

Oh and we're planning a trip to Knott's Berry Farm with another family, but I think DH is going to have to push me around in a wheelchair to make it through the day, but we'll see.

November 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Super Mommy
LOVE the idea of a cleaning service for Thanksgiving! My parents are flying in for the week, and I was just informed that my inlaws, grandmother-in-law, and brother-in-law will also be spending Wednesday-Sunday with us.

The thought of someone else cleaning in preparation for it all is really enticing!!

Have fun in Monterey! Love that town!

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
November 2nd, 2013, 11:19 PM
Veteran
my birthday is on the 16th!!! going to relax ALL week
November 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to have help cleaning.....lol I'm lucky my hubby don't complain if I don't clean and will wash his own laundry on weekends if needed.

My 9 year wedding anniversary is coming up soon hard to believe we have been together that long :-)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
November 3rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. I meal planned with my mom and sister last weekend and have been pinning recipes for my assignments like crazy Love November.

Happy anniversary to you!
Blue Eyes 409 likes this.
November 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boos Moo...No shame in being pushed in a wheel chair. I always end up in one at some point through the pregnancy. And those motorized scooters at the grocery store.

Tomorrow is my cerclage placement. I am super nervous and just want it over with. I have someone taking care of me and the girls every day this week. And I have two weeks off from work.

So after the placement until 36 weeks I'll be on restriction. So basically the plan is if I am standing I am at work. If not i am resting. Should be super easy with 2 kids and a DH who works all the time. : )
November 3rd, 2013, 08:26 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dd is going to spend a week at Meme's house (my mom). She hasn't even left yet and I miss her. I don't know what I am going to do with myself this week! Lol

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
November 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Karen, thanks. I will, I love that town too. Madismama - happy (early bday), Nov is a great month for birthdays Happy anniversary Sandy. Leah good luck on your placement tomorrow. Elizabeth I hope the week passes quickly for you with DD gone.

November 4th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wow busy! Hope everything goes well this week for everyone.

Those with other kids...how are they handling the time change? DS is having a rough go!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 5th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Time change wasn't an issue around here, but we are pretty lax with our schedule most weekends since we don't usually have activities to get ready for.

So what's up this week?

I've finally got my regular OB appointment tomorrow morning. This is the first time I'm meeting with him, so not sure what to expect. Thinking of going to get highlights put in today. My hair is not looking so hot these days

November 5th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so not looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. We went to my MIL house last year and it was the worst food ever. I'm thinking she will invite us this year again honestly I would rather go to Shoneys.....lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
November 5th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not to much planned this month outside of doctors appointments, an ortho appointment (I have braces), and Thanksgiving. Still not 100% sure what our Thanksgiving plans are. The inlaws elected us last year to host Thanksgiving this year, but I'm hoping that they forgot. If they did, we'll likely go there...and to my mom's.
November 5th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My older DD (almost 4) has been waking up at 6 since the time change and this morning she woke up at 5. I'm hating being back in a state with time changes - we didn't change in AZ.

My DH's grandfather is coming into town this Thursday and staying until Monday. Thanksgiving will be low key since we leave the next day for FL for our vacation. I'm going to cook a big turkey dinner in early December to make up for it. I love Thanksgiving dinner. LOL! I might have to make sweet potato casserole before then though, I've been craving it for a couple of weeks now.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
November 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Sandy and Tamara, maybe you'll come down with a bad case of morning sickness (wink) and you'll have to stay home alone with your own family for Thanksgiving.

November 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Moo View Post
Sandy and Tamara, maybe you'll come down with a bad case of morning sickness (wink) and you'll have to stay home alone with your own family for Thanksgiving.
Lol. I won't mind going over to theirs...I just don't want to cook or have it at my house this year. Call me lazy :-P

We just recently got guardianship back of my 16 year old sister-in-law and she's been handling all the cooking lately. She is such a blessing to have around, and I have to admit that it has spoiled me a bit. The thought of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for a large crowd (and having to clean up after them) makes my MS want to come back. Lol.
Boos Moo likes this.
November 5th, 2013, 06:39 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our Thanksgving will probably be packed like every holiday. My parents are divorced so we have to make time for both of them and then DH's family too. We'll probably have two places to go on Thanksgiving day and then one the day after. I hate to be a scrooge, because I love a lot of things about the holidays, but the constant running and stressing about seeing everyone equally really stresses me out!!!

On a different note, I baby-sat a friend's four month old for about an hour and a half today and it was TERRIBLE!! The baby screamed for at least half, if not more, of the time she was here and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. Watching other people's kids while pregnant is terrible Even though it's a baby, it's not your baby so it's difficult to figure out what they like or need to be soothed. It was a scary moment of, ahhh this is going to be my life in 5 months!! lol

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Super Mommy
I hate running to multiple houses/dinners on the same day!! We don't have any break ups in our family, but both parents live in our city and just after we were married and had our son my mom insisted on planning her thing the same day as my MIL (who had made her plan months in advance.. not a week) and then saying it didn't matter if we came or not. She meant it, wasn't doing all that on purpose, but it mattered to me! We had to put our foot down and say ONE family thing per day, because we knew as our family grew it would just be way too much and not fair for the kids to have to leave half way through an event. After numerous talks about it I think my mom is finally getting it and we haven't had issues last year.
on another topic, I just found this new (to me) show called 'I'm having their baby' (about adopting) haha BAWLED my eyes out! Some of the other episodes weren't as emotional, but there were a couple that were so beautiful and special. It was clearly the right choice for the mom, and the adoptive family was so thankful. Yah. Loved it, way better than teen mom/16 and prego cus less drama. I am just super emotional in general right now, things make me cry SO easy.
November 5th, 2013, 08:43 PM
I'd better avoid that show for now then, because I'm very emotional today and everything is making me want to cry.

We used to have to spend 3 days visiting family because even though they lived in the same state it was far enough apart that we couldn't all just do one thing at one place. After my dad passed (my mom passed years before) we cut it down to just a couple of stops that could be done in one day. Now I invite family here for Thanksgiving and sometimes they come, sometimes they don't.

November 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH I wish someone didn't care if we came or not. We get crap no matter what. Maybe one day we can just have people here for holidays, but that's stressful too!! It'll probably always be a big deal. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind that much if I didn't get a load of guilt from my mom if we don't come early or stay late enough.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 7th, 2013, 08:45 AM
DH's mother is that way. If we showed up even 5 minutes early, it was 'oh I'm not ready, why are you here early'. 5 minutes late was a big deal to. It's hard to be right on the nose unless we sit out in the driveway. Yet she was always late to things, sometimes by hours.

So random thing - last night I was sleeping on my side and when DH came home one of the cats came in with him. It climbed up on my tummy side, curled up and started purring. When DH came in he took the cat off and told it not to sleep on the baby. Well when he went to the dining room (where our computer is) the cat climbed right back up. I was so tired I didn't care, but I remember trying to call DH, but couldn't make words come out (maybe my mouth was dry?). So when DH came in again he moved the cat again and the cat decided to just curl up in front of my tummy. I then flipped over and the cat followed my tummy. So I spent the night with this cat stalking my tummy! But when I woke up she was at my feet, and so far my allergies haven't acted up. Silly cat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search