What do you miss?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2013, 12:14 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
What have you given up or your baby made you give up that you miss?

I'm not a big wine drinker, maybe one or two glasses a month, but I'm starting to miss it.

I miss my turkey bacon sub at subway.

Baby has made me lactose sensitive, it's better better every week, but I have to be careful. I can finally finish a grande Starbucks drink!

The last 2 times I had Greek salad I had painful gas so I'm scared to try it again, and I LOVE it.

Also I got into running last year, I had slacked off and started getting back at it when I got pregnant, much faster then expected. I was so sick I barely moved, it's too hard to get back at it now. I miss it.
November 13th, 2013, 05:54 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not feeling queasy. Lol coffee (speaking of feeling queasy- that's one of the first aversions). Being able to sleep through the night without having to pee 5 times (ok right now it's 2-3 but I know it's coming). Feeling good about the way I look. The list goes on and on- I really do not like being pregnant- I've been counting down the end since conception.
Justiah likes this.
November 13th, 2013, 06:28 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beer, wine, and sushi. Being able to walk across a room without feeling winded. Clothes fitting. My sanity

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

November 13th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
Being able to run like a normal person instead of an old lady. I run my dog in agility and I've been consistently a half step behind, out of position a hair, or late because I misjudge my ability to run full out right now It had me in tears the first few weeks (this hobby is my exercise, my stress relief, and my social life all in one), and while I'm starting to come to terms with it, I'm still not thrilled.

And also pumpkin beer I'll share one with DH sometimes, but I used to have a beer on the deck when I got home on nice days, and that doesn't happen anymore.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
November 13th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I miss hiking with my husband, beer, and him taking me out to the clubs to dance.
November 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Being able to have carbs and sweets. Even tho I have been a diabetic for over 3 years I would still cheat at least once a week.

I miss being able to sleep threw the night without waking up for three hours a night for no reason.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
November 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I miss feeling comfortable in my clothes. I feel like I look blah right now regardless of what I wear. I miss being able to go up the stairs, or carry my son to bed without being winded. I miss wearing makeup. I’ve had an allergy to it since getting pregnant. Even though I don’t really ever drink, I miss the option of being able to if I wanted to. Lol. Something about me not being able to do something, makes it seem much more appealing. I guess I’m a rebel.
Justiah likes this.
November 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I also miss not being winded, it makes me feel more fat.
I also miss wearing normal jeans, so I'm not pulling them up every 2 minutes.
November 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Beer (although throughout the pregnancy, I will have a drink at special occasions...two so far). Running.

I drink coffee and eat toasted subs and cooked sushi, so I am not missing out on much.
November 13th, 2013, 10:02 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I miss being able to eat spicy foods, easy shaving of my legs, not being winded. Those are my main ones.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
A glass of wine every now and then. Being able to fit my clothes. Advil to get rid of my tension Headaches. Not feel so self conscious about my body. Spicy food... I miss all these things!!

November 13th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
I miss not feeling like a blown-up blimp! I feel like a fat fat fatty right now and I get irritated every time I see a pregnant celeb, I'm like "hey no fair, they cheat!"

I also miss wine (boy do I miss wine), drinks with friends, staying up past 10pm and sex. Also miss sushi and being able to eat sandwiches and salads with cold meat.

Oh yeah and being able to walk around without feeling dizzy and winded.
Justiah likes this.

November 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Regular
Pizza. Having enough energy to get through the workday and then do something fun in the evening. An occasional glass of wine. People not trying to touch my belly.
November 13th, 2013, 10:49 AM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I love pregnancy! But I do miss a few things which include:

*My favorite Pink Moscato
*Starbucks mochas
*Most of my clothes that used to fit haha
*Being able to workout with my husband
November 13th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
WINE!!!! Now don't get me wrong, I'm not huge drinker, but man, it would be nice to have a glass or two!!
November 13th, 2013, 03:39 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My main one right now is coffee!!!! I never missed it with my first pregnancy but I wasn't pregnant in the winter and/or getting up with a 2 yr old. I would kill for a warm mug of coffee in the mornings!! I may give in once or twice a week.

I also miss my clothes, especially skinny jeans . I ordered some maternity ones from old navy but they were way too small!! Nothin makes you feel fat like not fitting in maternity clothes

I pretty much eat everything else and don't really miss alcohol at all.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 13th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Coffee. It just doesn't taste right while pregnant

The ability to have a drink if I so chose.

Being able to get down on the floor and back up again to play with my son without it being a process.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I miss being able to have normal sexy time with my husband without it hurting!!!!

November 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Regular
I miss hot yoga, an alcoholic beverage after work especially on Friday, sushi, fitting into my clothes and not looking overweight and bloated. The food aversions, decrease in my desire to exercise and weird sleep patterns will not be missed. Otherwise, I am grateful to be I pregnant and hoping everything will go smoothly
November 13th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Super Mommy
Wine. Looking like myself (i.e. fitting into my clothes). My electric blanket (It's soooooo nice in the winter, and I'm so so cold all the time.) Oh. And oysters.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search