Christmas?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ladybugmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For those of you that celebrate Christmas, when will you put up your Christmas decor? What all do you put up as far as decorations?

November 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are putting up our decorations the weekend after Thanksgiving as tradition. We have a Christmas tree, of course, and also the random Santas, small trees, etc. and you can't forget the outdoor lights- my favorite!!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

November 16th, 2013, 05:38 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Please don't virtually beat me...the tree is already up. I don't have a place to put up our nativity, so that is all we are doing this year. Oh, and the wreath is on the door already as well.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

November 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
We go and cut down our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. That same weekend, we also put up a small Advent Christmas Tree (you put one ornament on the tree everyday), stockings, lights around our slider, Christmas Frogs that stick to our slider, and we line our walkway with light-up snowmen. Love the holiday season!
November 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol, Rachel you are not alone! So many of my friends already have their Christmas decorations up, it's crazy!

We always put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving & honestly with a 6 month old puppy I have ZERO desire to put it up any earlier than that. I have no doubt he is going to be trying to eat it the entire time it is up, haha.

We also put up 2 small trees with lights on our front porch, a wreath, we decorate the fridge like a snowman, I usually decorate a chalkboard with Christmas font, add santa's & a pennant banner on the mantle of our tv stand. Ours is mostly indoors but I think I'm going to find a cute way to decorate our mailbox this year too.

from last year (the only pictures I could find of any decor besides random tree shots):

(excuse the mess around the fridge)

November 16th, 2013, 06:26 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS' bday party is this weekend so I don't like to put up any decorations before that! I'm not sure when well get out tree this year, we usually do it the weekend after thanksgiving but dh works then so I'm not sure. Maybe we can get it the Wednesday before? We always get a live tree and a couple years have cut down our own. We do icicle lights around the gutters and lights on our one tree. Our bushes may be big enough to do lights in this year and we have a wreath with white lights as well. Then inside we have a second small fake tree with just lights in the window, stockings, some santas, lots of plates and decorative things like that, some poinsettias, and some tinsel and rope lights on the mantle and stair case. I love decorating for Christmas! Sometimes I want to have people over just so they can see it

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 16th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We put up our outside lights today, and probably at the beginning of Dec we'll put up the tree and decorate our mantle.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 16th, 2013, 07:56 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
We aren't putting up any decorations this year. We're going to Disneyland! We leave on the 22nd. Usually we do our tree, and decorations around the house. Garland. our little village. We don't usually do outdoors ones but had planned on lights and some of the air filled decorations this year. It'll be next year now
love.our.logan579 likes this.
November 17th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Super Mommy
We usually get our tree the first weekend of december, I'd kinda like to do it a bit earlier this year since we will be moving RIGHT after Christmas and will have to take it down earlier than usual. We had lights along our stairs the last few years, but the mad squirrel in our yard bit several bulbs off and I think it's broken. I also have a wreath, but no way to hang it except an over-the-door thing that won't fit on our door, and some other small decoration things. We will build up as we get more settled/have a bigger place. I'd like a nativity and mantle decorations.
November 17th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we will put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend. Hubby will have a long weekend home so he will drag everything out of the basement. We worked on cleaning Paige room this weekend so we can get the living room ready for the tree.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
November 17th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually put up our tree the first week in December. We usually decorate a few trees out front with lights. Wreath on the door.
We have plenty of decorations for the inside of the house. Stockings, little figurines, window stickers. Stuff for the mantel. Nothing too spectacular.
November 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We usually start putting ours up after Thanksgiving. Sometimes my husband goes crazy with the lights, and sometimes I can’t get him to do any at all. We have a tradition of going and cutting down our own Christmas Tree usually the weekend after Thanksgiving, and decorating that. We have a few bits of décor for around the house as well, but nothing too special.
November 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually put it up Thanksgiving evening, but with us moving soonish I am only doing a minimal decorating. Most likely we won't be moving until January, but I am thinking if I go all out they will have a house for us in December.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
November 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
We'll put it up the day after Thanksgiving. We have to have a fake tree (DH is allergic to pine), but it works well because we are leaving on Christmas Eve for PERU!!! We'll take it down when we get back in January and there won't be dead needles all over the floor.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
November 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We usually do the weekend after Thanksgiving but since we're going to FL that Friday we're not putting it up until after we get home which will be Dec. 7, so I'm not sure if we'll get it up the 8th or if we'll wait until later in the week. If we put it up before we go the cats will destroy it. LOL

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
November 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are putting them up this weekend as we will be out of town for Thanksgiving.

November 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We cut our tree down thanksgiving weekend and will most likely decorate it that weekend, as we go out of town the following weekend. Anytime after thanksgiving is fair game in my house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search