Prenatal yoga

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Forestry baby
  • 1 Post By Sara54
  • 1 Post By HeyBaby
  • 1 Post By HeyBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2013, 09:26 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Did you ever do prenatal yoga or are you doing right now..? I know normally yoga helps a lot. I was doing since my childhood. But does prenatal yoga really helped you or helping you?

I am thinking to join some classes. Hoping it will ease my pelvic pain. Not sure though.......
December 6th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I wanted to sign up for prenatal water yoga last time but never did. The price jumped this time so I think I'm going to pass. But I heard doing it in the water is fantastic for joints and such since you have the water to help balance you and make you feel weightless.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 6th, 2013, 08:03 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I love yoga, but haven't done prenatal yoga. I like that you can do it even on pelvic rest and other lesser complications.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 6th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Regular
I love yoga and will be joining a prenatal class in January. Looking forward to stretching my body and meeting some new friends.
NehaT likes this.
December 6th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Regular
I have a DVD, Crunch Yoga Mama, that I got online for around $10. I try to do it 2 or 3 times a week. I haven't had any pelvic pain yet, so I don't know if it would help you with that or not. I would definitely say try it and see.
NehaT likes this.
December 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Veteran
I love yoga. LOVE IT. I continued to take regular classes until I was about 14 weeks along and now I am doing prenatal DVDs at home. I feel a difference on days that I practice vs. days that I don't. Any pose that gives me a good spinal twist these days is a godsend. I've also noticed improvement in my squatting pose since starting pre-natal, since I now practice it more. I originally got into yoga as a way to study my breathing, but I enjoy the meditation and fitness benefits, too.
NehaT likes this.
December 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been googling it lately. I want to start trying to do it. I need to do something. With my SPD, I can hardly lift my right leg high enough to put my boot on in the mornings. I'm hoping it will help.
December 7th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Veteran
I love yoga, unfortunately in my area there aren't any prenatal classes at good times. I tried doing regular yoga and found that I just couldn't keep up with the pace of a regular class. Boo!!
December 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Veteran
Oh! I can't believe I forgot to link this before! If you have a good internet connection for streaming video, try YOME*-*Prenatal Archives - YOME*-

There's free practice on that site for many styles of yoga and the pre-natal stuff is decent with time ranges that go from 5 minutes to over an hour, depending on the amount of time you have available. Even a little bit of movement and breath is better than nothing!
NehaT likes this.
December 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Awesome links!!!!!
December 9th, 2013, 01:22 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I started doing prenatal yoga around week 15/16. I LOVE IT! I do it 3-4 days a week and I feel so much better and stronger, mentally and physically, on days that I do it. I need more work on my lower squats, but I can tell each time I do it my thighs are definitely getting stronger!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search