Sick!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
It started several days before Christmas, but wasn't really too bad until the day after. Since then I've blown my nose to the point of the skin on the outside bleeding, and sneezed my head off. Now that my nose isn't constantly gushing, it's spread into my lungs and feels a lot like bronchitis - that deep, hard, nearly constant cough. I'd be happy about my nose slowing down on the leakage if it wasn't accompanied by my head getting more stopped up. While I hate to be a complainer... man, I feel bad. DH wants to take me in to my doctor tomorrow instead of waiting until Thursday, but I think he's being a bit extreme. Plus I'm supposed to take my glucose test on Thursday so I'm not sure if they can reschedule that..?

I am, however, thankful that I got my flu shot. The vast majority of local people on my friend's list have tested positive for Type A flu. Those with children have children who are diagnosed with it, as well (the youngest being 6 months old)! This was the first year I got the shot, and is also the first year that more than one of my friends have come down with it.
December 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Oops!! Take care!!

Good that you got flu shot.. !!!
December 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Super Mommy
Eek - hope you feel better!
December 29th, 2013, 02:55 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had a cold this week too, but not as bad as yours!! I was miserable for a couple days not being able to breathe and just felt crappy. I would go to dr tomorrow, Thursday is a long time to wait, and if it has moved to your lungs it could lead to pneumonia!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
December 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you're feeling better... Being sick is never any fun and in pregnancy it is even worse!
December 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope you feel better soon!!! Sick while pregnant is the worst!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Feel better!
December 29th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you think it might be bronchitis I say let DH take you to the doctor. I've had it many times myself and yeah, it's no fun for sure.
Sending you lots of good healing vibes. Feel better soon.

December 29th, 2013, 06:19 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry that you are sick. I have been sick for about as long. Luckily, mine has stayed out of my lungs. If you think it is bronchitis, I would go to the doctor.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2014, 04:11 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks everyone!

I had my appointment rescheduled for Tuesday, but when I went in felt better. I woke up without having problems with my voice, wasn't needing to blow my nose - none of that junk! So I didn't mention it, just enjoyed seeing the baby in 4d and having my stepdaughter there despite also doing the glucose test. We had a good day out and even did some shopping.

Then I went to my MIL's to show her the ultrasound, and after being in her house it came right back. I came home sneezing, coughing, blowing my nose. Since it got 10x worse after having been to her house on Christmas, and then yesterday, we've realized I just need to stay away from her house. She's a smoker, and I'm very allergic so she doesn't smoke around me but I guess I'm more sensitive to it just being absorbed into every bit of her home than I normally am.

Even though I'm coughing and sneezing again it's still not as bad as it was. I'm just taking it easy, despite having very strong nesting urges lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search