Nesting and getting the baby's room ready!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By shirley_ann
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
I am on vacation for a few more days and I have been picking away at some organizing, purging and cleaning. One of our spare bedrooms is used as a storage room. Finally finished purging that room. Bought some storage tubs and packed away some items we don't want to part with but do not have space to put them out, such as Christmas decorations, etc. Stored them in the in-laws basement. The other spare bedroom is a library with 5+ book shelves and 2000+ books. I made enough room in the storage room to hopefully fit the book shelves and books in there. The old library will become the baby's room, spent this evening de-cluttering it, purging non book related items etc. So glad an end is in sight!

Tomorrow my hubby's best friend comes over and is helping move the books and shelves over. Then the room will be officially empty and a clean slate for the baby's room. Can't wait to transform it

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

December 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you've been busy, and have a plan.
DH wants to store the holiday stuff in the attic, but I'm not sure yet. Told him we'd need to organize the storage rooms and then see if they need to go up there. It's all in tubs.
Do you have a theme you're doing?

December 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Super Mommy
I do not have a theme. I like owls, monkies etc. May find a bedding set and model it off that. I am still torn if we paint the baby's room or not. We rent, so if we paint, we must paint it back to white or we lose our deposit when we move out.

December 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You sound so organized! I'm jealous, LOL.

Have fun!
December 30th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Exciting! Sounds like lots of fun... I bet it is starting to get more real as you make space in your lives for a new little person!

December 31st, 2013, 12:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So jealous. We haven't even started organizing the baby's room yet. Really
Need to get working on it.

December 31st, 2013, 05:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
So exciting!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 31st, 2013, 06:03 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Clearing out Christmas decorations is on my to do list for today! I started going trough our guest room but it was really tricky with a 2 yr old! I plan to try again during nap time today. We have so much junk in there I've got to throw some stuff away or put it in storage.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
December 31st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Super Mommy
I like to be organized but I am not 100% there.
I just have sooooooooo much stuff. Over the past 3 years I've been slowly purging an clearing out stuff. If not I would of been qualifying for an episode of hoarders lol...

The muscles will be here any time now to move the books and book shelves. Then my last cleaning duty of 2013 will be to sweep and mop the baby's room to be

I'm going to take before and after and progress pictures of the room along the way for fun.

It's very exciting to get the room emptied out, been wanting to do this for months! Makes it feel more real

January 1st, 2014, 07:54 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week I bought my first 2 decorations for LO's room. I found that stuffed musical star at BRU, and yesterday I found a pink Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star wall art. DH said he can paint before the window since it will just slide in. So we might actually start painting this week.
shirley_ann likes this.

January 1st, 2014, 09:24 AM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to start cleaning out the nursery. We moved DS out of it and into our office, so all the office stuff went into the nursery. Eeek! There will be lots of purging and moving things to my Dad's basement in my future. Good for you for getting a head start, I am jealous!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

January 1st, 2014, 05:33 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm nesting too, but have no energy/strength to actually get much done. I tried to just fold our clothes today and about died lol

As far as the baby's room goes, I've done as much as I can myself. The rest requires heavy stuff gotten off of the top shelf in the closet, and a total re-arranging of the furniture in the room, along with taking everything out of that closet and putting it in the closet of the other bedroom. It's not fun waiting for DH to get time to do it... but that should come up soon. I hope.
January 1st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's so exciting I have not got anything done yet...lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search