Bad scan

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hi ladies,
I have to have scans every 2 weeks to check for growth as my first born had growth restriction and passed away in-utero.

I had a scan today (not my normal doctor because of the holidays) and my little ones growth has dropped off dramatically. I did notice the doc seemed to rush, but now i'm really stressed. Not helped by the fact I have notice movements have slowed a little in the last 48 hours.

Any advice?
December 30th, 2013, 06:14 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I would call your regular doctor and have another scan if it were me. I am sorry that you are going through this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
I'd also give your doctor a call to discuss the scan. Did the other doctor say anything? Sending you positive thoughts!!
December 30th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the others that you should contact your doctor. There may be any number of things they can suggest. Also, they may be able to,reassure you or give you different information than you got from the scan.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. ((Hugs))
December 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Veteran
It may be possible that the baby is just gearing up for a big growth spurt? It's also possible the ultrasound was just off in measurements, they are an indicator of size but there's always room for error on each end. I would contact your normal doc and talk to him about it, bring up your concerns and see if he is concerned.

My son passed away after being born with severe in-utero growth restriction. Usually there is an underlying cause of IUGR that will be monitored in future pregnancies. Do you know what your IUGR was caused by? for me it was consistently high blood pressure throughout my first pregnancy. This time around I'm also having frequent scans to check size but most importantly they are checking my blood pressure constantly, I'm also having my kidneys monitored and will be doing frequent 24 hour urine collections. Did everything else at your appointment seem fine?
December 31st, 2013, 01:51 AM
My normal doc isn't due back til Monday next week, but as soon as he is back i'll be on the phone. I have an auto immune disease and they think that may have been the reason for the previous IUGR, so now i'm on Clexane and Asprin, but they could never really give me a definitive answer. We drove around for an hour to all the scanning places we knew this morning, but all were closed cause it's NYE here (Sydney Australia).
December 31st, 2013, 05:46 AM
Veteran
Go to L&D. I went through the same thing with my last at 27 weeks (we are coming up on that so this week is super stressful) so I totally understand your fears. Demand or ask nicely to be looked at by a perinatologist. They are better trained to deal with this. If my Dr.s had referred me to one when i thought something was wrong last pregnancy my lo might have survived! How was the amniotic fluid level? Did he look at placenta function? These are all questions you need to ask. They check this every time I go to peri. I'm sorry you are going through this worry. Pregnancy is so stressful this time around.
Hugs!
Kara

December 31st, 2013, 06:08 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That sucks that they left you hanging like that. You've got some great suggestions from everyone else, hope you get answers asap.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 31st, 2013, 06:19 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree I would call the Dr as soon as he is in the office. I'm sorry that you are going threw this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
December 31st, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this worry. I like the idea of going to L&D for more immediate answers. Waiting until Monday will feel like a lifetime.
December 31st, 2013, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry that you are having this scare. I hope you get some answers soon. Not sure how L&D works there or if they can give you more answers, but I'd definitely have a hard time waiting for Monday.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your baby!

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

December 31st, 2013, 12:44 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get reassurance ASAP. So scary, I am sorry!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search