sugar out of control again

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 07:31 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well here I go again the meds worked for a couple weeks now even my day numbers are to high. So fusterating since I am really eating good much better than I want....lol. I plan on calling my high risk Dr to see if he can get me in this week and put me on insulin now.

I know my sugars are messed up because of the baby but I really feel like I am doing something wrong.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
December 31st, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear that. It is so frustrating to be doing your best at something and still have difficulties.

Easier said than done, but please don't beat yourself up when you are working so hard!

DD #1 born April 5, 2013; 9 lbs 11 oz
Baby # 2 due late July 2015.... Shhhhhh! Facebook doesn't know yet!
December 31st, 2013, 09:26 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am sorry

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 31st, 2013, 09:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So stressful. Sorry.
December 31st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs. Have you been in touch with your nutritionist? I know I have to have my diet tweeked about once a month and/or adjust my meds. Did you mention to the doctor to see if doing a combo of the 2 meds would help before being put on insulin? Just some thoughts because I remember you didn't want to get put on it.
I hope it works out, hugs.

December 31st, 2013, 01:40 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry to hear your sugars are out of whack. Mine are yo-yoing badly too. They will decide next week if I am insulin bound too.

Hang in there HUGS

June 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
July 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy
October 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy

After 15 long years, and many losses, our miracle is here!
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014 <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com
December 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So frustrating! I know you're doing everything you can though so don't make yourself feel bad!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
December 31st, 2013, 05:36 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sorry you're still having issues. Hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 1st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So Sorry. Hope it all works out soon.

January 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry It's really not your fault though...it is just the nature of the beast. Resistance seems to come in spurts for me too...I will have great numbers for a couple weeks and then BAM out of nowhere I see highs even though nothing has changed. I dealt with resistance on Christmas which was not fun! I'm expecting it again in a week or so...for me I'll usually have several hours or even a day of higher than normal blood sugars and then I up my basal insulin (I'm on a pump) and usually it evens out by the next day. It is very frustrating though. Insulin will most likely make it a lot easier for you though so even though it is a more invasive medicine (not sure if I'm describing it right but you know what I mean), it really does the trick in ways that oral medication sometimes can't. Did you have diabetes with your other pregnancies?

Last edited by lovemylittlemiss; January 1st, 2014 at 12:58 PM.
January 1st, 2014, 06:42 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think he wants to combine the meds and I am already at the max dose. I got up today and it was 150 ( should be under 100) and even eating right its too high . I am trying to get in to see him Friday and see what he tells me if he can't get me in I go the 10th to see him.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
January 1st, 2014, 07:44 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you all the best. Darn sugars. I had to have my dosage adjusted again this week. And I've now cut out most carbs. Mostly eating veggies and meat, with some pb and crackers and milk here and there.

January 2nd, 2014, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eyes 409 View Post
I don't think he wants to combine the meds and I am already at the max dose. I got up today and it was 150 ( should be under 100) and even eating right its too high . I am trying to get in to see him Friday and see what he tells me if he can't get me in I go the 10th to see him.
Do you have a bedtime snack with some carbs and protein? Like an apple and peanut butter, crackers and cheese etc? Some find that this actually helps their fasting numbers. Don't worry, you'll get it figured out! 150 isn't even that high so try not to be hard on yourself! A lot of my resistance crops up either in the evening or while I'm sleeping...on Christmas morning I woke up with 171 after going to bed with 90...it's just random and has nothing to do with what you are doing; it's all the fault of the hormones/placenta.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search