Team Green check-in

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 06:32 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who's still left? I'm having a hard time remembering who all is on team green!

How are you handling it? Stressing?

Any feeling on what you're having?

I still go back and forth on wishing I knew, but not enough to actually find out. I know in the end it will be worth it! The only thing I really want to buy are some headbands if this is a girl! There are so many adorable ones on etsy that I want to get but won't because I came return them. I have a good friend who's pregnant and due just a month after me so if they find out they're having a girl I may buy some stuff and then give it to them if we have another boy I'm only stressing because I don't think the basement will be done in time to empty our guest room which means Carter's room won't be ready which means the nursery will be occupied! Big chain of events there. Although baby will be in iur room for a while I planned on trying to lay him/her in the crib for naps occasionally since DS was such a bad napper for months. Also I want the closet and dresser empty to fill with baby stuff! This has nothing to do with being team green tho, I'd have this problem regardless!

As far as feelings go, I'm thinking it's another boy. I don't have the overwhelming gut feeling like I did last time but this pregnancy has been pretty much identical to Carter's. I even found out today that in my glucose blood test my iron was low, that happened last time as well. I do look bigger, a little wider which makes me think maybe its a girl, but we'll see . I'm really leaning more toward another boy because dh says he's done if this is a girl . I just don't think I'll feel done after two. I may change my mind with two toddlers but I doubt it. I'm young enough that we could wait until this baby was a little older to TTC #3.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
January 1st, 2014, 04:19 PM
Veteran
I'm still team green! It's getting easier day by day we just have a 3d ultrasound scheduled on the 16th but that's more so I can see LO's face. Little pumpkin was hiding when we had our anatomy scan!
Only problem I have is that I keep identifying this baby as a boy. Maybe because this pregnancy is so different from DDs. And now I feel bad that when I think about the baby
in the future in my mind I think he and say his name but if it's a girl I'm not thinking about her!
Ugh team green is stressful/exciting! We're in the process of registering and doing the nursery and it's hard trying to do everything neutral.

Good luck getting your house ready!! I know how stressful it is. I'm trying to plan to have the room painted by the end of January and have the crib up in feb so all I have to do is decorate.... we'll see how that turns out DH can procrastinate if I don't stay on top of him!
January 1st, 2014, 05:23 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Holy cow Katie, I could have written your post! A little concerned we won't have DS's big boy room ready, and I want to start getting the nursery ready for his new sibling (clothing wise, blankets, etc.) but don't want him to feel displaced. DH keeps dragging his feet on that one.

I keep thinking boy since this pregnancy is IDENTICAL to my last...how I'm carrying, food aversions, etc. Only main differences so far is I can actually eat broccoli, and I'm not anemic this time. But DH said if this is a girl, he wants to be done too. I have days where I am so sure its a boy. And other days where I'm so sure its a girl. It totally depends.

Starting to get really excited...I have a super active little one and I chat to my belly once DS goes to bed. I can't wait to meet this little person that wakes me up at 3am. I am nervous about getting no sleep...DS is still a crap sleeper (sidenote...he was up from 12:30-3:30 last night....smh).

A good friend is due 2 weeks before me and she is team green as well. So I think we're able to support each other that way and its awesome!
katiep726 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 1st, 2014, 10:56 PM
Super Mommy
I'm still Team green, and ok with it, but I have a boy and a girl so I'm set for things. I still kinda feel like baby is a boy, except I've had some girl gender dreams and when baby kicks I think of baby as a girl at times. I have a 34 week scan, I won't ask.. but if baby flashes us, I won't be too sad about it. I just won't tell anyone
January 2nd, 2014, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still team green and totally fine with it! I've done it twice before and I just love the feeling of finding out in the moment and then announcing the gender and the birth at the same time. I am not stressed at all about pregnancy/baby things even though we have done absolutely nothing to prepare. We have 90% of what we need, so pulling stuff out and washing it can be done in a day or two .

I am a bit stressed about getting some remolding work done on the house. I would really, really like to get the back half of our house completed before baby (bedrooms, bathrooms and hallway). It would be a huge burden lifted. Fingers crossed!!!

January 2nd, 2014, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
Still team green here as well!

I agree I go back and forth about knowing vs. not knowing. My husband really wanted to know, but I didn't! Our nursery is already painted, and this is our first so we don't have to worry about other babies as of right now. My baby shower is on February 8th, so we will see what we all need for baby thing after that!

I have such a strong feeling that it's a girl. I call baby she/her all the time and I think it frustrates my husband! But I can't help but think baby's a girl.

January 2nd, 2014, 09:26 PM
Veteran
So I found out today the Dr wants me to have 2 more ultrasounds to check the size of my fibroids. I'm so tempted to find out but am really excited about the gender reveal at the birth and think that will motivate me if the labor is rough!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search