Wednesday wine

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Boos Moo
  • 1 Post By Karen182
  • 1 Post By Blue Eyes 409
  • 2 Post By juliebee123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 06:33 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Happy New Year ladies!!! We are officially in the year our little ones will be born!! So, were you sad you couldn't drink like normal on New Years Eve?

I personally don't drink any alcohol, so there was nothing to miss for me, But, some of my FB friends lamented at this fact for about a week before.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2014, 07:28 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't miss drinking this year, had I been around a bunch of people drinking I would have been a little annoyed but that's it.

I drink occasionally with friends when not pregnant, but I'm not one to just have a drink at home by myself.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
January 1st, 2014, 07:33 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't drink either, so nothing to miss at all. What I missed is the energy to actually stay up.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

January 1st, 2014, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
On special occasions, I will have a drink while pregnant - so I could have had something last night, but I chose not to. We normally do a family friendly NYE, so drinking isn't normally a part of our festivities.
January 1st, 2014, 03:39 PM
Super Mommy
We were at a party, so it would have been nice to indulge...bit it was also nice waking up early this morning feeling good!
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
January 1st, 2014, 04:17 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
This is my 3rd NYE in a row not drinking (pregnant in 2011, nursing and voluntary designated driver in 2012, pregnant for this year lol), so nothing new. I don't mind

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 1st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't drink much anyway but I did splurge and have a soda....lol

I enjoyed my night hubby was home and Paige and I cuddled and watched a movie that was all I needed to make my night.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
January 1st, 2014, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a beer drinker, and usually my friends and I get a keg for New Years and have a big Bon fire. This year DH and I just did pizza with my family and went to bed early. I didn't really miss my usual party that much -- but I do wish I could sit and enjoy a cold beer now and then, LOL. Once the baby is born we plan to breastfeed so it will be a while yet before I indulge.
January 1st, 2014, 07:09 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would possibly have bad some champagne or a glass of wine on NYE but I am not a drinker and there's not much that appeals to me less while pregnant than alcohol. My only alcohol related comment would be it's nice to wake up without a hangover but I still ended up with my head in the sink dry heaving for what felt like eternity so... NYE is pretty much the same for me pregnant or not these days although I will probably drink a little more for a while after I finally eject my little monster because I get bad anxiety and my doctor actually recommended the occasional glass of wine to relax (even while breast feeding. But, more than usual is still only a couple glasses of wine a week or something.
January 1st, 2014, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beer is great for lactation. So enjoy a little if you plan to nurse.
geogeek and AnnaBonana like this.
January 2nd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not a big drinker what so ever. I may have a drink if we go out. Which is honestly a couple of times a year.

I figured out we haven't celebrated New Years since 2007. I was on bed rest New Years going into 2008. Restriction going into 2011/2014.

I am planning on celebrating 2020! Look out : )
January 2nd, 2014, 08:45 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I’m not a big drinker, and when the clock struck 12, everyone in the house was asleep but me. (I was only up because I had to pee at 11:55 lol.) So, I didn’t miss out on anything. What is funny, is when I’m pregnant, adult beverages sound so yummy to me. But when I’m not pregnant, I could easily count on one hand the number of drinks I consume in a year.
January 2nd, 2014, 09:33 AM
Regular
I'm not a big drinker either, but I have missed the occasional glass of wine here and there. I know it's probably ok to have one, but I still don't feel right about it. It doesn't help that my father-in-law makes his own wine and it's really good! I am also planning on nursing so it will probably be a while before I can drink again. But so worth it
January 2nd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I normally would have a glass of champagne on NYE or maybe 2 but I wasn't bothered by the fact that I didn't have one this year. I've been told by my midwife that having an occasional drink isn't a problem but I just don't feel comfortable drinking. I might have the occasional drink when I'm nursing (obviously making sure the timing is right and I don't need to nurse directly after).

January 2nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard that nursing while drinking is actually the best for not passing on the alcohol I just don't drink enough to worry about it though

You know what I find ironic though- they never say a word about breast feeding while on the Percocet they always prescribe me (and I rarely take) after delivery...isn't that worse than a glass of wine? I wonder if it doesn't pass through the milk as much?
January 2nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
Veteran
I will admit, I miss drinking wine right now. I *just* got my palate back for coffee the week of Christmas (prior, it tasted/smelled too bitter for me). I had tried a sip of red wine and a sip of white wine during Oct/Nov and both tasted just horrible. I guess that was good -- my body, which loved a glass of wine with dinner about 4 times a week before getting pregnant, naturally protected itself in my early months of growing the boy.

However, now that coffee smells and tastes good to me again...I'm wondering if I've got my tastebuds back for wine as well. : /

I'm now enjoying one mug of coffee per morning: 6oz coffee with 2 oz whole milk and feeling just fine about it, but I feel funny about trying alcohol right now, even though my doctor is lenient and says 1 glass a week is fine.

I will probably have 1 -2 glasses of wine per week after I give birth. "Pump-n-dump"!
January 2nd, 2014, 02:37 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drank a glass of wine every now and then while I was nursing DS. It doesn't actually effect your milk unless you feel tipsy. Even then you can pump and dump or wait until you don't feel tipsy anymore and your milk would be fine. It might hurt tho at first to wait a while

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
January 2nd, 2014, 02:47 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I stayed in and had a sparkling grape juice toast at midnight. That was fine :-) i do occasionally miss red wine. A couple times in the last couple of months I've had a few sips. It's enough to satisfy the craving. I don't really miss any other kind of alcohol.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search