? For those without a nursery

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 2 Post By MKnaomi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 07:21 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to prepare myself in case Carter's room isn't ready in time for baby to claim the nursery. My main worry is where do you put all of baby's stuff? We need a place to out clothes, bibs, burp cloths, diapers, etc. things that you use often and I like handy. What is your plan for that kind of stuff?

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
January 1st, 2014, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our house setup is strange - we have a 3-flat, so we have 3 apartments that are ours (none by itself is really big, but we technically have a lot of space). We live mainly on one level, so the baby's space will be in a corner of the living room, once she is out of our room. We have a fireplace with bookshelves and we will clear them off for her stuff. I imagine we will get baskets and put them on the shelves so it looks a little better than a pile of clothes, toys, and diapers.
MKnaomi likes this.
January 1st, 2014, 09:57 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
In baskets in my room mostly. We have an extra bedroom so maybe things will get stored there like too small or too big of clothing.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
Veteran
We're putting a divider up in our master bedroom (well, ONLY bedroom) and creating a "nook" -- we are hoping to find a 2 bedroom we love before April, but if it doesn't happen, we'll be cozy for awhile. We're just…not planning on having a lot of stuff.
January 1st, 2014, 01:13 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have room under beds for some under bed storage boxes?

January 1st, 2014, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We'll be putting it in DD's wardrobe...her wardrobe is huge and it should work well after we shift some stuff around. Since we're having another girl we won't be accumulating as much stuff...most of the stuff we will be using we already have. I really want to move but DH doesn't want to move unless it's into a house we own (his parents have offered to buy us a house). The problem is that housing in most of Germany, well, at least our city, is pretty ridiculous. We've been looking for quite a while but there isn't much in the price range that is what we want and in the location we want. Basically we are learning to be very minimalistic

January 1st, 2014, 04:35 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'll use a pnp in our living room if things aren't ready in time. We have one with the bassinet attachment so I put everything in the main part, and used the bassinet part to do diaper changes. I did it last time and barely used the nursery for a while. We have a backsplit and the stairs were agony after my c-section so we kept everything in one spot for me to make it as easy as possible on me. DS slept on me or in his swing, so I'm hoping for something similar this time. We bedshare so night time isn't an issue
MKnaomi likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My house is 900 square feet and it has 3 bedrooms so as you can imagine all the bedrooms are small.

Right now we are planning on putting his pack and play in Paige's room and storing his stuff in our room with the swing in the living room. I may end up putting his stuff in Jessie room.

We are hoping to move Jessie room down to the basement over the summer then he will have his own room but that going to take some time.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
January 1st, 2014, 10:06 PM
Super Mommy
With DS we lived in a tiny 500 sq ft bachelor style apartment. No issues at all. I did the storage in the pack and play like Jessimaaka for diapers, and had two small little shelves stacked that we got from walmart, with baskets in them and that held all his little clothes. Tiny things dont' take up much space! My sis in law had a dresser in her bedroom which had baby stuff in it, plus some shelves she hung on the wall above (she uses the top as a change table). Things are getting tight for her now that her baby is bigger (and the only grandchild on one side, hence has LOTS of toys). Our baby will be in our room, I'm planning on getting an extra dresser for baby things, I really do find all those items really do not take up much space.
mzshell13 and HeyBaby like this.
January 2nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
My kids' rooms are usually deserted for a few months after I bring them home from the hospital. They tend to stay with me for at least 4-6 months or until nighttime feedings are more manageable. I usually store diapers bibs, etc, that I use frequently in the bottom of the pack n play, clothes stay in one of those plastic drawer bins you can get from Walmart. I only use their closets in their rooms because my mom is a shopaholic and tends to buy clothes for the next two seasons/sizes.

January 2nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I figure we're going to do most of the diaper changing downstairs...so we have plastic storage dressers set up in the living room. I'll have a little caddy that I'll take into our room for nights. Her dresser is in the coat closet downstairs, along with her clothes hanging in there.
January 2nd, 2014, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Unless we sell our home & buy a new one Arden will be in our room with us. I'm planning on doing something similar to this for her clothes. If I need to I'll store some of her things with Eden's in her room.

doll clothes storage

January 3rd, 2014, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That is brilliant. Pinning now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search