O/t vent

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 07:40 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rough night and morning for us . I can't decide if DS' timing for getting sick is good or bad since he's only gotten sick on breaks this year! It's nice not to have to worry about work but it ruins doing anything fun on my time off! He's doing so much better this year than last so I shouldn't complain, I just wanted to take him to do something fun this week since it may be the last break I have before he's no longer an only child!

Anyway he coughed for hours last night, keeping both of us from getting much sleep. Once it finally slowed down I still couldn't fall asleep because I felt so bad for him. Then when he got up this morning I realized he threw up a little last night and has a few more times this morning. I think it was from the coughing, not an actual stomach bug but no more milk and just crackers today . Plus he has a fever which he didn't have yesterday. I already took him to the dr so we have an oral steroid and antibiotic to take on top of increasing his breathing treatments (he already does them daily as a preventative).

Then to top that off my dog is acting hurt too! He's a dachshund so they are prone to back issues and he had some problems last November. He's acting the same way he did then . That totally came out of nowhere! I don't think its as bad as it got last time but I am keeping him in his crate for the next couple days to see if it'll heal (what the vet said to do last time). I'm sure it's not broken because he can still walk but he's obviously in pain. I gave him some baby aspirin and hope that'll be enough. He looks relaxed right now , not tense and shaking anymore so thats a good sign.

Sorry for the novel just needed to complain . Just wish my boys felt better!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
January 1st, 2014, 09:36 AM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's so hard when they are sick. I always feel so bad for my DS and it breaks my heart to see him so miserable. i hope both you puppy and your DS are all better, super quick!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

January 1st, 2014, 01:24 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope they both feel better soon. I'm sure DS is enjoying spending some extra time with you while your off even if you aren't out and about.
Our doxie had back problems as well. She couldn't walk without dragging her back legs for 2 weeks. We had to crate her and give her meds (I forget which ones as it was a few years ago now). Luckily for her it never came back. But it did break our hearts.
Hugs.

January 1st, 2014, 01:50 PM
Luckily he hasn't gotten that bad yet, Therese! I have no idea how it happened this time except that DS can be pretty rough on him . I try to keep my eye on them but it's impossible all the time. I'm afraid with two little ones running around what will happen with him, especially if this is another boy!

January 1st, 2014, 03:13 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry for your DS and your dog. I hope both of them get to feeling better quickly.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

January 1st, 2014, 04:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope everyone is better soon Breaks my heart to see animals in pain, especially as they can't really tell us Hope your DS feels better soon too!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 1st, 2014, 05:32 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry.
My DD just had the flu she was sick for 5 days it was so hard on me with her running a fever that long so I know how you feel? I hope he is better soon.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
January 1st, 2014, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiep726 View Post
Luckily he hasn't gotten that bad yet, Therese! I have no idea how it happened this time except that DS can be pretty rough on him . I try to keep my eye on them but it's impossible all the time. I'm afraid with two little ones running around what will happen with him, especially if this is another boy!
I think a lot of the time the dogs just get it. With ours she was never handled roughly, but she did jump up and down from the couch (even though we tried to train her to use her step), and she danced around and played with our bigger dog (though the bigger dog was always gentle with her). All things doxies shouldn't do. And then I've seen others that live in a house with LOs and get pretty crazy and they never get it. Wishing you all the best with DS and pup.

January 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope everyone feels better soon. Being sick on break stinks.
January 2nd, 2014, 06:13 AM
Thanks everyone. I thought DS was doing better because he didn't cough much last night but still has a fever and is wheezing worse than before. I've already called the dr but thinking we may be back today.

Runway seems better but I'm leaving him in his crate. He did eat last night and this morning which he wouldn't do yesterday, hopefully he just needs time to heal!

January 2nd, 2014, 03:38 PM
Sorry to hear DS is still feeling bad. That reminds me I need to call to see if DD needs a booster for pertussis (it's going around here). Hoping he (and pup) feel better soon.
I believe we had to have ours in her crate for about a week, maybe a little less.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search