If you are done

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Leah1216
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are you going to do for B/C. This baby is a result of failed b/c. It was certainly not the most reliable method, so I am not shocked. I had planned on a tubal while in surgery, but the doctor today explained that maybe essure is a better answer. She said some people have ectopic pregnancies down the road from their tubal because little holes open up. I have never heard of this, but I am sure in rare cases it can happen. In reading about essure, I have found that some people with nickel allergies shouldn't get it, because it can cause a bad reaction. I am sensitive to nickel, but wouldn't say I am allergic. I would hate to have something in my body that causes a severe reaction down the line.

My husband is too wimpy to get a vasectomy. Now I am thinking about a copper IUD, because I do not want the hormones. I need to do some quick research on everything, because if I want the tubal, I can't deliver at the Catholic hospital. So hard to figure out.
February 19th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hospital don't do the tubals but I can't because my insurance don't cover it. I think we will just get on the pill my hubby refuses to get fixed either I will be 42 in a couple weeks so I think soon I will be going threw the change anyway :-)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
February 19th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always gone back on the pill. However, we are done having children and I am not staying on the pill forever. I also don't want an IUD. I am also done having surgery so I will not get my tubes tied. It's DH's turn! He was adamant on not having it done for years. I think he is coming around to it. Sooner or later he will. Hopefully sooner like this summer.
mzshell13 likes this.
February 19th, 2014, 04:56 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I can't take hormonal birth control. I also don't know if we are done. If in a few years we decide that we are done, DH is getting a vasectomy. I might get a copper IUD for a while so we don't have to do FAM like we have done the last 5 years for TTC and TTA.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 19th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have fertility issues so I never know what to do about this. We are most likely done, but I the idea of spending money on forms of BS when we had to spend so much money to even get pregnant. Seems like an oxymoron you know?
That being said, we're not in a good place financially that a surprise baby would work for us, so I guess I will have to consult my OB and see what she thinks.
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

February 19th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Super Mommy
I have to be on BC for hormonal reasons--not sure if anything but the pill would provide that? DH is going to get snipped here shortly, I think, but I think I'll still be on BC anyway.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
February 19th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hubby will get snipped once we decide for sure we are done. Until then, condoms until my cycle returns and then FAM.
mzshell13 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 19th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Because of my age they do not recommend I go back on BC. So if I have a C/S again I'll get my tubes tied right after. If I get a vbac then DH will get a vasectomy since it's the easier of the 2 operations and we know this will be our last.

February 20th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I’m done. I asked the doctor to put in the 10 year copper IUD right after birth. Even though I’m sure I’m done, a permanent prevention scares me.
February 20th, 2014, 10:30 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is getting the big V.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
February 20th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My coworker just got the essure done. It was an easy procedure done in the office but I have a nickel sensitivity also so not sure. Plus not sure I want something permanent. Will probably do bc until can get iud.

February 20th, 2014, 04:59 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is getting the V and I'm getting IUD. Really not wanting any more oopsies

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

February 20th, 2014, 10:04 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Nothing except condoms.. I dont agree with hormones change..birth control pills or any surgery .. Besides I feel clean if he uses condoms,, sorry tmi
I am just scared of UTIs..

February 21st, 2014, 02:44 AM
Veteran
The dr. asked me a few weeks ago about getting my tubes ties during my c section. I haven't decided. I know this is our last. Too many complications with my pregnancies and I'm getting on up there in age! But I need to research it a little more. I've heard some not great things about it. My friend had the essure after her 3rd and she loves it. No problems at all.

Guess I need to make up my mind soon!

February 21st, 2014, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
My husband and I are only 23 and this is our first baby, so I plan on having more (at some point). I had the Mirena in for 2 1/2 years before we started TTC, so I think I will probably do another IUD. I loved it, no periods!

So that's the plan for now!
February 22nd, 2014, 10:48 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure about being done, i don't think I will be but know I may change my mind once I have two two and under . I'm thinking about a copper IUD though because I think the mini-pill effected my milk supply and I'm not convinced it actually works!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
February 22nd, 2014, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am leaning more and more toward the copper IUD, as well. We toured one of our two hospital choices today and really liked it. It's catholic, so I will be unable to get a tubal. After doing some research on the tubal and essure, I feel most comfortable with the IUD - no hormones and if there is a sensitivity, I can have it removed. I really wish my husband would just man up, but he's a weenie.
February 22nd, 2014, 05:40 PM
Veteran
I'm going back on birth control pills. I didn't have any problems with them pre-pregnancy.
February 23rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1216 View Post
I have always gone back on the pill. However, we are done having children and I am not staying on the pill forever. I also don't want an IUD. I am also done having surgery so I will not get my tubes tied. It's DH's turn! He was adamant on not having it done for years. I think he is coming around to it. Sooner or later he will. Hopefully sooner like this summer.
I agree. I've already told DH he doesn't have the choice to refuse, I've had 3 kids, 1 csection, tears, etc., so he can have one outpatient surgery. I don't do well with hormones, I don't want a foreign object inside of me, and unless DH wants to use condoms the rest of his life (he hates condoms) he's going to get the surgery done.

Problem is we thought we were finished, but we both admitted to each other today that maybe we might want to try for one more . So we'll do natural family planning again until we decide what to do.

February 24th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Abstinence sounds good after this ooopsie!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search