Time is dragging

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By LittleVera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This entire pregnancy has gone by so fast until now. With a little less than 3 weeks left, it's dragging. Painfully slow at this point. Anyone else feel that way?
February 28th, 2014, 04:09 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
Yes!! I have 4 weeks from today left and it feels like it's still months away!

February 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like mine has dragged the whole time. Now, I'm just worried that we won't get everything done in time especially since a lot of things are dependent on dh's job which is so....not stable right now (as I've whined enough about by now)!! I actually think the more I feel better, the quicker these last few months will go for me- I'm finally starting to get to the point where yes I'm nauseous and/or have heartburn but it's not bad enough to stop me in my tracks!

I can't decide if I want him to hurry up and be here or I want time to slow down because I'm not ready to have a newborn! I know I'm ready to not be pregnant but that's about it. Lol sigh.

Oh and btw- no fair with your less than a month from now end dates!!! I have 7 or 8 weeks minimum...I guess if he came really early I could go In 6ish.
February 28th, 2014, 04:19 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
See I'm totally the opposite, I've over prepared so now I literally have nothing left to do but twiddle my thumbs. Maybe I'll try to do some sewing or something!

February 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You want to come do some of my list?? Lol on top of the stuff I can't do for lack of funds, I've been too nauseous to do all the cleaning I've wanted to do!! Lol and I still have two blankets left and a hand full of things for my dd's big sister presents..but where is the darn energy?? Lol
February 28th, 2014, 06:15 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Julie, are you scheduled for an induction/c-section @ 38 weeks or just setting this as a goal? Just curious.

Well to answer your question, yes and no. Can't wait to meet her (that's the dragging side of things) but feel under-prepared. DH hears me contradict myself all the time with this. The running joke is "come here, come here, come here...go away, go away, go away..." This joke also applies when I tell him he's not vocal enough with me about our journey; then he comes home a chatterbox and I tell him I need a little space haha. Poor guy. (It's the hormones I say!)

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 1st, 2014, 12:01 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Time is starting to drag here too, now that I have an induction date set. 31 more days. I am so not ready for a newborn, but I am SO over being pregnant!!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

March 1st, 2014, 12:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, scheduled csection. My first two came at 38 weeks on their own, so it seems likely she'd come around then anyway. I can't imagine adding two additional weeks to this pregnancy (it seems we found out the day we conceived ha ).
LittleVera likes this.

Last edited by juliebee123; March 1st, 2014 at 06:42 PM.
March 1st, 2014, 12:28 AM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Wow, that's so close! Now I feel I can hardly wait for your little one either! Very cool, mama.
juliebee123 likes this.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 1st, 2014, 05:26 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawn View Post
See I'm totally the opposite, I've over prepared so now I literally have nothing left to do but twiddle my thumbs. Maybe I'll try to do some sewing or something!
This is me (minus the sewing part). We are totally ready, now just waiting.

March 1st, 2014, 03:51 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Still flying by here! 5 more weeks and 3 of those I'll be working and will be super busy!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 2nd, 2014, 05:13 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
Time flew for me until just recently, and now it's dragging. We're almost ready though - the last of what we need has been ordered and will be here in a week or two! So very excited to meet this little guy, and totally over being pregnant since I've hit the miserable time (which is when it started dragging!)
March 2nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm looking so forward to being off work I haven't even thought about how hard having a newborn is! Haha. It felt like time was flying but now 6 weeks feels like forever. We still have tons to get done but I'm totally okay if it doesn't happen before the baby comes. In retrospect I wish we had more to keep us busy after ds came. The more time I have to sit around the more tired and exhausted I'll feel.

I would like our basement to at least be finished tho! I'm going to need some naps and it's near impossible with constant banging right underneath me

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search