March Chit Chat Thread

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2014, 12:54 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I just have a whine and I don't want to start an entire thread for it.

So let's use this to chit chat.

I am so tired. I have been sleeping ok at night, but after two hours of being up I am ready for a nap!
Also my dh is in the field for the next month and my sex drive is through the roof!! So not fair!
MrsPalumbo and LittleVera like this.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
March 5th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Having big kids is awesome. They just shoveled for me. Also, I bought a gallon of milk today that expires after my baby girl arrives. Woah!
MrsPalumbo likes this.
March 5th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Love chat threads! Had a regular appointment today, hb was 135, for the first time its out of the 120s! I think it was because he/she was actually awake during the appointment. Fundal height is measuring at 37 weeks Next up is my home visit! My midwife does this appointment at your house mainly because she wants to know how to get here in a non-emergency situation (ie so she doesn't get lost lol) and so she can meet DH and DS. I love my midwife and am so glad I went this route this time. My sex drive is definitely non-existant...I feel so fat and huge and unattractive

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 6th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eh, my sex drive is mostly not there. But once in awhile DH still gets lucky Yesterday I was in the car a lot and the swelling is bad tonight (this morning? It's 4:30 am and I should be sleeping).
LittleVera likes this.

March 6th, 2014, 05:31 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee123 View Post
Having big kids is awesome. They just shoveled for me. Also, I bought a gallon of milk today that expires after my baby girl arrives. Woah!

I always pay attention to the expiration dates too and have noticed more and more of them getting close to my due date!

I'm going to my friend's house this morning to do my hair and makeup trial for Saturday. I only have a vague idea of what I want to do but I trust her to make me look good.

Also, FH has been sick all week and I have to take him to the doctor this afternoon and then we have more wedding stuff to do this evening. I'm just hoping he feels better by Saturday and I don't get sick as well. So far, so good.
juliebee123 and LittleVera like this.

March 6th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Bekki's Avatar Veteran
I have had pregnancies where my sex drive has been insane. This is not one of them. Poor hubby. I try to give it up regularly, but it's tough.I had an appt yesterday and I was hoping for the dr to say I've done well keeping my sugars in check, instead he kind of scolded me for eating a piece of bday cake on my dd's birthday. Sorry, one piece won't kill me! I did lose 4 lbs the last three weeks though.And speaking of being sick, my 2 year old was throwing up the other day. He is better, but today my 4 year old is throwing up. My dh is headed out of town on Sunday for a week. I'm stressing that my 7 year old will get this. She is type 1 diabetic and when she gets stomach bugs it lands her in the hospital. Idk how I would manage her in the hospital with him out of town. Fingers crossed she avoids it!!!

Thank you, Claire1979, for the siggy!
March 6th, 2014, 07:14 AM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
I washed all baby's clothes day before yesterday and sorted them, Put a label on them and kept in bag again. I guess we will be moving somewhere when I will be 36+. So no point in buying dresser as of now.. I went for a walk yesterday and it was fine until I come home tired. Then I didnt move from bed till 6 PM. Now also I am tired.. Just want to watch TV....

March 6th, 2014, 07:15 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg bel- that would be horrible. I've been waking up super early lately and it's driving me batty. I guess baby is getting me moved to his schedule! I'm also waiting, waiting, waiting and more waiting for the tax return to come in. It's only been a week but I have a feeling dh did something wrong while filing it and we'll have to resend out the stuff- anyone know if they can deposit a joint return into a single checking account (his name isn't on mine yet and we've been dragging our feet getting it added)? He says yes...I say no. Lol
March 6th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Veteran
I am feeling a little stressed. My previous pregnancies delivered at 32 weeks + some days and 36.5 weeks. I was suppose to have my almost 36 week appointment on Monday, we were going to schedule my c-section for next week. It was cancelled because of weather. My high risk Dr is only there on Mondays so they rescheduled me for next Monday. I will be 36.5 weeks on Monday, the same time I delivered DD and I still will have no c-section scheduled at that point. I am positive I am going to show up to the appointment and he will be like "OK c-section! lets do it tomorrow!" I hope we had a little more warning than that but I doubt we are going to get it.
March 6th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I think returns can get deposited to single account.. If you are filing as "Married filing jointly". And that doesnt need joint checking or savings account. i filled ours last year and it was deposited in my husbands account. We do have different last names. You can email tax consultant for this question.. We normally do ask them lot of questions before filing!! you must confirm this with tax consultant...
mommy2b43 likes this.

Last edited by NehaT; March 6th, 2014 at 07:35 AM.
March 6th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
DH and I file jointly. We have different last names (well, kind of - see below) and we each have our own checking account and we have a joint savings account. Our tax refund was credited to my checking account with no problem so you should be fine. I think we got our return about 2 weeks after we filed (we filed on pretty much the first day you could). On the name front, after first rejecting my application to add DH's last name onto my name because when I signed the paperwork I was apparently supposed to sign my full middle name, the Commonwealth finally sent a certified order approving my name addition. So I guess my name changed but I still have to fit getting to Social Security, RMV, etc. I've been using his last name socially for years so it was time to go official (and it was super important to him).
March 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man stop talking about sex drive we have not had sex since October. Pelvic rest is so much fun! The past couple of nights I have been up every 2 or 3 hours. Makes for a long night. Last night I was having so much pressure my pelvic bone felt like it was burning. It was terrible. Positive is 5 more weeks until my cerclage removal. Nice light at the end of the tunnel.
March 6th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Sex? What is that? Haven't given my hubby any action for about 6 weeks. Lol. He finds me sexy pregnant but I find nothing appealing about all the stuff going on (excessive CM, gas, cramps, leaky boobs, etc). Nothing. At. All.
LittleVera likes this.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

March 6th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How was everyone's day? 10 more days of work!!!! (I'm off next Monday!)

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 6th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my day sucked for so many reasons! The last being I had scheduled my BF class tonight. Went down to the place (which is about 30 mins away if traffic isn't bad, which it wasn't going there) for the 5:30 class and looked on the board and the only class listed for that time was basic baby care. I thought 'oh crud they scheduled me for the wrong class'. So I went in and sure enough tables with dolls, diapers, swaddle blankets, and washcloths. I asked the instructor and sure enough wrong class. I did that class with my first child and didn't need a refresher, but wanted the BF class because I've never been very succesful with it in the past. So traffic going home was horrid (even for a non-pregnant lady). And I was miffed by the whole thing and wasted time, so I decided I wanted an ice cream (mini size). Got my mini ice cream and brought some home for DH and DD. Ugh.

March 7th, 2014, 08:41 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yesterday was a great day. Dd and I just kind of relaxed and did some light cleaning. Then she watched a show while I snuck in a nap. Then we met friends for dinner...her husband is in the field with mine.
Today I need to do a little grocery shopping and I'm stalking the Girl Scout cookie booths! Haha
I haven't been able to find one yet. But I got a heads up where they might be today!
LittleVera likes this.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
March 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Well, the last two days we had tons of play dates. Yesterday, my friend told me they were going to the bounce house- my kids were running around like mad so I decided to go. Go figure, right when we already winding down to get ready to go- my youngest finally goes in a bounce and some obnoxious little girl freaking was crowding her and caused her to fall down. Then, she fell on her, then a bigger girl comes along and falls on my already crying 2 year old- I was so angry- everyone present was lucky profanities didn't come out of my mouth (the bigger girl should have known better- she had plenty of time to redirect herself- little brat). Anyway, she's now limping- very slight but enough to worry me. I apart took her to the ER but then decided to wait and of course dh is acting like I'm over reacting. Well, I talked to several people about it and their kids acted similarly with placing some weight on their foot but limping but not crying or swelling and had a fracture. So, I figure better take her in but now I have to wait for dh to get off to take her to urgent care because I don't want to have to send her back for the X-ray alone. But, to be honest, I'm so ticked that my dh is treating me like I'm being ridiculous that I wish I could go alone!!! The way I look at it is, it's a $35 copay and then we'll be billed if we owe more and I can pay that however since as long as you're making payments, they can't go after you for medical bills. And, it's worth it because either she has a fracture and should at least be in a walking cast or it nothing and then I will have peace of mind about it! Why are men such jerks some times? I'd almost feel better if dh was worried about the money aspect but he just doesn't think it's necessary so we shouldn't bother.

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty okay this week I'm still waiting for our return- I thought turn around was more like a week so I guess I will be looking for it for next week!!!

Oh and my oldest dd just left for a weekend trip and I super miss her already!!!!
March 7th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am looking for g/s cookies too! Today I went on a mile long walk. The sun is shining and it's above freezing. It's the little things.
NehaT likes this.
March 7th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2b43 View Post
Well, the last two days we had tons of play dates. Yesterday, my friend told me they were going to the bounce house- my kids were running around like mad so I decided to go. Go figure, right when we already winding down to get ready to go- my youngest finally goes in a bounce and some obnoxious little girl freaking was crowding her and caused her to fall down. Then, she fell on her, then a bigger girl comes along and falls on my already crying 2 year old- I was so angry- everyone present was lucky profanities didn't come out of my mouth (the bigger girl should have known better- she had plenty of time to redirect herself- little brat). Anyway, she's now limping- very slight but enough to worry me. I apart took her to the ER but then decided to wait and of course dh is acting like I'm over reacting. Well, I talked to several people about it and their kids acted similarly with placing some weight on their foot but limping but not crying or swelling and had a fracture. So, I figure better take her in but now I have to wait for dh to get off to take her to urgent care because I don't want to have to send her back for the X-ray alone. But, to be honest, I'm so ticked that my dh is treating me like I'm being ridiculous that I wish I could go alone!!! The way I look at it is, it's a $35 copay and then we'll be billed if we owe more and I can pay that however since as long as you're making payments, they can't go after you for medical bills. And, it's worth it because either she has a fracture and should at least be in a walking cast or it nothing and then I will have peace of mind about it! Why are men such jerks some times? I'd almost feel better if dh was worried about the money aspect but he just doesn't think it's necessary so we shouldn't bother.

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty okay this week I'm still waiting for our return- I thought turn around was more like a week so I guess I will be looking for it for next week!!!

Oh and my oldest dd just left for a weekend trip and I super miss her already!!!!

That was bad.. How is your daughter now? Hope she is okay and nothing major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebee123 View Post
I am looking for g/s cookies too! Today I went on a mile long walk. The sun is shining and it's above freezing. It's the little things.
I love g/s cookies.. Waiting for them too.. Today I opened all windows, patio door.. Nice, little cold breeze!! But my parents started to shiver after that. They are not used to with cold weather. So again.. doors closed, windows closed and heater on!!!!

March 7th, 2014, 11:02 AM
For Girl Scout cookie lovers did you know that pretty much all of the cookies are available on the grocery shelves? The people who manufacture the G/S cookies aren't even really um..high quality or anything considering the price I know part of it is to support g/s but I recently stopped buying because of some of their affiliations that I won't go into

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search