BH or the Real Deal

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gustka48
  • 2 Post By Gray_baby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2014, 08:36 AM
April 13th 2014 :)
So yesterday was a really busy day at work. We had not one but two emergency heart procedures happen! So because it was busy I naturally starting contracting some, which is normal for me when I'm that busy.

But these contractions were stronger, time able, and not going away. So I panicked a bit, but after I got home and went to bed they settled down a bit, not going completely but settled down which made be believe that there were BH contractions.

However, this morning when I got up after about 10 minuets of being up and about they came back just as strong as yesterday and just as frequent. And now I'm noticing some cramping in my lower back as well, and some increased pressure in my pelvis.

I had an OB appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning, but called and had it changed to this afternoon just to get a look at things. I'm a little worried this is the real deal!! ahh!!!
mariahpoo2 likes this.

March 20th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If they stop when you change activity I'd say they're just early labor contractions or false labor (prodromal labor) - basically your body preparing for the real deal. Real labor contractions tend to get more intense overtime and don't stop just because you lay down or stand up or any other change of activity. It's a great sign that things are starting to go in that direction though! If this keeps up you could deliver soon. Good luck!

Are you able to stay hydrated well when at work?
Jessimaaka and MrsPalumbo like this.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 20th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I've been dealing with this as well, not so much. But exciting when we're so close!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 20th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is me, too. I keep having them and getting excited, but when I move from laying to being on the ball, or from activity to sitting, they stop. I look at it as good practice, and my midwife assured me that every time you're in pain before the real deal, it cuts into what you'll experience on the big day.Stay hydrated!
March 20th, 2014, 01:39 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
I've heard of ladies experiencing contractions like this for up to weeks before the real deal and calling it "prodromal labor." But the exciting thing from what I've read is that you're pretty much on the runway and ready for takeoff at this point. My experience was different with DD as my water broke with no kind of signal in the weeks or days prior that the day was coming, so I'm just relaying what I've heard through the grapevine. Keep us posted, please.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 21st, 2014, 05:42 AM
April 13th 2014 :)
Well, I'm still pregnant, contractions have slowed down a little, not gone completely. At my appointment yesterday she checked me and I am only 1 cm dilated 50% effaced and baby's head is sitting in my pelvis....which my doctor reassures me is all normal for a 36 weeker.

However, I'm so tired and frustrated with these contractions (and they aren't even the bad ones yet) that I just want this to end. I know it's too soon, and that I really should wait a few more days to a week before baby comes, but I'm so tempted to start doing things to make this labor progress lol....such as castor oil or something, but ugh!!!!

March 21st, 2014, 09:43 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I've heard terrible, terrible things about castor oil! DON'T DO IT! It's like pretty much everything else that's supposed to start labor: it'll only work in those women who were about to go into labor to begin with. So, most likely, you'll just get horrible stomach pain and ghastly diarrhea without making any progress toward bringing your LO here. Also, you want your baby to make it to at least 39 weeks, if you can help it! I was just looking at a poster in the midwife's office that showed how a baby's brain is only 2/3 the size at 36 weeks as it is 39 weeks. That made a big difference to me. Things are still developing in there!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
March 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM
mariahpoo2's Avatar Veteran
They sound like real but mild contractions. The ones you get in pre-labor. We can get these for weeks. But they are real. A lot of people think just because you are not in real labor it means the contractions are just BH. The real difference between BH and real contractions is that BH should not not have and pain or regularity associated with them. They are just tightening of your whole bump. If you start to get period cramps or period type back pain associated with the tightening and they are timable... those are real contractions. BH are NOT timable at all. You can have some BH mixed in with real contractions. But we should all start feeling real contractions as a way that our body is warming up for labor. 2nd thing... I think a lot of people think if you are having real contractions you are in labor. Nope. real contractions can come and go without being in labor. My midwife told me all about them. We start out having just the BH then it goes to mild contractions, but they may or may not be regular and you can have BH still. Then they start coming closer together in little practice periods. But will suddenly stop. If you are still between 30 and 34 weeks it is important to get checked out and tell your dr or midwife. Most of the tome that early they signify that you have an infection with could be putting you into preterm early if left untreated. I had that happen to me. but anytime after 34 weeks should be normal for the practice periods. Call right away if you have 5 or more in an hour/ they don't go away and keep getting stronger. Then you are in real labor. Sometime woman are unlucky and get really strong contractions for weeks before real labor starts. FX this is not you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search