Felt baby hiccups

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By amedawn
  • 2 Post By RandE
  • 1 Post By LittleVera
  • 1 Post By MKnaomi
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile
  • 1 Post By Moi
  • 2 Post By isawastar
  • 2 Post By katiep726
  • 5 Post By NehaT
  • 2 Post By Justiah
  • 1 Post By MKnaomi
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2014, 07:06 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Yesterday night first time I felt baby hiccups. It was annoying.
After that I havent felt baby move. Should I be worried.
I was sick today whole day and was laying down. I dont know what to do..any advise?

March 21st, 2014, 07:26 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
Hiccups are pretty normal from what I've been told. Baby girl's been getting them like 5-6 times a day lately! Not my favorite part of pregnancy, but at least I know she's practicing her breathing. Do you know how to do kick counts? You can drink some o.j. or something similar, then lay down on your left side and count baby's movements. Should get 10 in am hour. If you can't feel movement even after stimulation, I would def call your doctor. Good luck, let us know how it goes!
LittleVera likes this.

March 21st, 2014, 07:35 PM
Yeah.. I do kick counts 3 times a day. Havent felt much (not more than 3) since morning. I ll do at night again.. I hope everything is ok.

March 21st, 2014, 08:01 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yes. hiccups. Both this baby and DS1 get them multiple times a day. I've been feeling them since about 20 weeks. I'm surprised you only just now felt them. They are normal. They mean the baby's lungs are maturing. Same with a newborn- they tend to get hiccups too but it doesn't cause them the same discomfort as it does adult. This baby gets the hiccups right before he falls asleep usually. So when I feel hiccups I know a couple hours of inactivity will follow. Definitely try the kick counts. An ice cold glass of water usually helps my baby get moving.
NehaT and LittleVera like this.

March 21st, 2014, 10:44 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Now I worry I haven't felt baby's hiccups often enough! Lol. There have been a few occasions for me, but they're not daily. Something cold usually gets baby moving for me, and if it's bubbly - even better. I had one day where I was concerned as movements were very infrequent, but just as I was about to call baby went back to her normal self. I wondered if maybe she needed a little more sleep for a rapid growth spurt, or maybe I was just very distracted. Anyway, hope your LO gets back to her usual self soon! Good luck, Neha.
NehaT likes this.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 21st, 2014, 11:58 PM
Super Mommy
Just FYI I have been told the min number for kicks is 6 in two hours, not just from the midwives but the hospital when you go for an NST count the same way.
NehaT likes this.
March 22nd, 2014, 11:20 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you felt her move since you posted? Is everything okay?
NehaT likes this.

March 22nd, 2014, 12:59 PM
Super Mommy
Any update here on the kicks? I oddly think I've only felt hiccups once - weird? If baby's been quiet, I usually drink cold water or tap on my belly / his back. Hope everything is okay!
NehaT likes this.
March 22nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think hiccuping is a requirement. My second and Eden were big hi vipers. She has had them a few times since birth.
March 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
My little man gets the hiccups several times a day. I actually don't mind them, even though he's getting so big now it makes my tummy jump. It makes me happy that he's exercising those lungs!Has your little one's movement picked up any? I ended up in L&D for observation last weekend for the same thing. His movement had decreased one day, decreased more the next, and on the third when I sent my doctor a text there was no movement so he had me go in for monitoring. Turns out he had dropped more, and once they become "engaged" their activity tends to decrease/change. Hopefully that's what's going on with you, but whenever there's a doubt it's better to be safe than sorry and contact your provider!
MKnaomi and NehaT like this.
March 22nd, 2014, 04:40 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This baby hiccups a lot but ds never did! Not once in my belly. But had then all the time as a newborn. He's fine.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
March 22nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
Called my dr in morning and they called in afternoon. She asked me to do kick count which obviously I was worried about because I hadnt felt any till 3. Finally I decided to visit hospital, got ready and walked half mile. Then baby started kicking.. Finally!! And she hasnt stopped yet. Thanks all for help!! I was really worried... I have regular appointment on Monday and I am bringing my concern about drs staff for not responding immediately.. Thank god..everything is ok.

March 22nd, 2014, 09:26 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Im glad everything is ok!! I had a scare like that at about 33- 34 weeks and I was just outside the hospital and he started to kick. Hahaha of course he had to wait until the last moment.

March 22nd, 2014, 11:24 PM
Super Mommy
Glad she started moving! I am really starting to think my baby has dropped at least a little, movements have definetly been slower than the wild dancing of the last few months. and this week even more so, although not to the point of worry. It's just I haven't usually had to stop and wonder if my baby has moved in a while until this week. Now usually once a day or every few days I have to stop, sit down and concentrate to feel for kicks. But they are always there.
NehaT likes this.
March 23rd, 2014, 07:23 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything is okay!!
NehaT likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search