Stretch mar...er...Tiger stripes!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By LittleVera
  • 3 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 3 Post By love.our.logan579
  • 2 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By love.our.logan579
  • 1 Post By HeyBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2014, 02:43 PM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
With DD1, I had this ritual. Long exfoliating hot shower. Dance naked and cover myself in coco butter, meticulously massaging into the "problem areas." Now I'm lucky to get an uninterrupted shower that lasts more than 3 minutes, lol. As far as the coconut oil and butter treatments - totally occasional. Got a bare-bump pic recently, and those "tiger stripes" are purple! I wish they would just layer on top of the others from my previous pregnancy, but it looks like my belly will just be a bit more festive.

I remember reading an interview with Salma Hayek years before ever having a baby, while waiting in the dentist's office (with my Mom I think! so I was young. this article stuck with me.). She said she thought her stretch marks were beautiful. When I realized that my stretch marks from my last pregnancy were here to stay, I reminded myself of that interview. If this total fox can feel good about her body with stretch marks, so can I. My best friend's mother calls them "tiger stripes." I decided I really like that. I'm just a tigress who's earned her stripes.
SarahSmile and HeyBaby like this.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 24th, 2014, 02:56 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Oh my tiger stripes have grown a LOT from DD. They cover my entire belly, hips and inner thighs. I am really trying to keep the same mentality. It is hard, but I know my husband liked me with them after DD enough that we have Dorian on the way. Lol!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 24th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
New ones here too even though I'm smaller than last time. But they are all new above my belly button, I never got any above my belly button last time. And all in the last week to 10 days when I haven't gained anything!
LittleVera likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 24th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm starting to see what may be the beginning of new ones above my belly button. I had a huuuuuggeee egg belly with Logan & got them all under my belly button because of how far out my stomach was, lol. With Eden I just gained extras on my butt & thighs. I've had what I like to call "sun shine rays" on my boobs ever since having Logan, haha. I swear when my milk came in my bra size tripled, it was insane!

I'm pretty comfortable with my stretch marks, I just dislike the saggy lower tummy I have had ever since having Eden. I even sported a bikini last year, though it may have scared some people away, haha. I figure if I can be proud of anything in the world it's the fact that I'm a mom & my body carried our babies

March 24th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have that many but, the ones I have are big. I used to have my belly button pierced. With DD#1 I got a literal X marks the spot above my belly button where the piercing was. I didn't even leave the ring in. That was the only stretch mark I got from DD#1 but, it's big enough that my bikini days were over. I have some on one boob from when my milk came in.

DD#2 I got more stretch marks along the bottom of my belly.
Currently, the X is huge! I am sure I have more but, honestly I haven't noticed. It doesn't really matter like I said my bikini days are over. I usually hate my body for a year or so after having a baby. Everything is all stretched out. I guess I should look at it in a way more positive way it just hard too.
March 24th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got them with my first two. Not sure if I added more. Not sporting a bikini ever again, so i don't really care. Plus I think you either get them or do not.
March 24th, 2014, 09:30 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two or three new ones coming in. I'm pretty religious about lotion (3-4 times per day) which I think helps a lot. Stretch marks run in my family badly and I only got two tiny ones with DS1 and so far only a couple new ones with DS2.

March 24th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Super Mommy
I just checked but I actually don't think I have any new ones this time. I've never had them on my tummy, still none, haven't checked my hips, thighs, butt where they were before but I don't think there is anything fresh. I have gained the least weight this pregnancy. None on my chest either but that could change when milk hits. At least for me they fade to silver and aren't too obvious after a few months. But I don't mind them really, generally they hit areas only one person sees other than me and he doesn't seem to care. My sis in law (at 16 weeks and just starting to show) just got a whole bunch on her belly right after a massage! Maybe it was cus her muscles were so relaxed?
March 25th, 2014, 05:43 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
There are 2 spots on DW's belly that seem to be the beginning of stretch marks and I told her she needs to lotion more and she said she really doesn't give a crap. Ha! She's gotten a few on her bb's though bc she started out with almost non and now could probably fill a B cup. Which for her is huge. If she's not worried about it, neither am I. I'll just continue to lotion her belly each night bc it's something I enjoy

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 25th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPalumbo View Post
There are 2 spots on DW's belly that seem to be the beginning of stretch marks and I told her she needs to lotion more and she said she really doesn't give a crap. Ha! She's gotten a few on her bb's though bc she started out with almost non and now could probably fill a B cup. Which for her is huge. If she's not worried about it, neither am I. I'll just continue to lotion her belly each night bc it's something I enjoy
In the most non creepy way, I adore your little family! lol. I think it's so beautiful how involved in your wife's pregnancy you are, picture perfect family! Seriously! I want my hubby to lotion my belly! I need to have a talk with him
LittleVera likes this.

March 26th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Veteran
I don't have any on my belly, but I do have them on my hips a little - despite loads of lotion. Eh, I dressed rather conservatively before I was pregnant anyway. Nobody sees that area except my spouse. I like what you said about Salma Hayek - she's a righteous fox!
LittleVera likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search