Emotional mess last night!

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By MaggieLizer
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile
  • 2 Post By geogeek
  • 1 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43
  • 1 Post By HeyBaby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 04:55 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
The way my emotions changed so suddenly, you would've thought I was the one who was pg. We were laying on the couch, which has now become our bed , watching TV. I was resting my hand on her belly like I usually do bc I just LOVE feeling Max move! I know she's not comfortable anymore sleeping in our bed, but I asked her if we could make a point to sleep in there a couple more times before he arrives. Then it hit me like a TON of bricks. The waterworks started flowing and I went into an almost hyperventilating crying fit. She asked me why the heck I was crying over sleeping in our bed and I told her in between tears that we waited so long to have a baby and now her pregnancy has gone by so quickly. I'm going to miss sleeping in our bed and cuddling and holding her belly while he kicks and tumbles. I never realized how much those moments mean to me and how much I really cherish them. I can't wait to meet our son, but I'm surprised at how much I'm truly going to miss her being pregnant. (Now I'm getting choked up again, geez!) She couldn't help but laugh at my emotional mess of a self

Has anyone else had such a poignant moment of reflection? What was the trigger?

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 25th, 2014, 05:05 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have those moments a lot lately, usually just because of a memory or something. I get overwhelmed sometimes because not even a year ago I hadn't even met DH and had been separated a year and officially divorced for a few months and honestly thought I might not ever find the right person or get remarried or have any more children. And, well, here I am now and I couldn't be happier. And I think back to when DH and I had been dating less than 4 months and I told him I was pregnant and how much has changed even since then. Just memories of the past year and thinking about everything we both have had to go through to have met each other and to be here now.

Since this is most likely the last time I will be pregnant, I kind of realize that I don't want to wish it away (and I still feel pretty good so it's not too hard to appreciate it) but I am getting anxious and impatient for her to be here. I just want to know that all went well with the delivery and that she is totally healthy. And I can't wait to see DH hold her for the first time.
MrsPalumbo and LittleVera like this.

March 25th, 2014, 06:44 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man... I absolutely know how you are feeling because this is my last pregnancy. I feel like I need to hold on to every single day because this will be the last time experiencing these kicks... But time is going by so friggin fast!! I can't believe I'm already over 37 weeks
MrsPalumbo likes this.

March 25th, 2014, 06:57 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Surprisingly enough, my emotions have really been in check this pregnancy. I am a huge worrier in the early and late parts of pregnancy. I am definitely getting to the "he is better out than in" mentality. I am doing much better than my pregnancy with DD. Also, DH and I haven't DTD in months and I get in a major no touchy mode during pregnancy as well so I am so ready to get intimacy back in our marriage.
MrsPalumbo and LittleVera like this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 25th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSmile View Post
Oh man... I absolutely know how you are feeling because this is my last pregnancy. I feel like I need to hold on to every single day because this will be the last time experiencing these kicks... But time is going by so friggin fast!! I can't believe I'm already over 37 weeks

This exactly. I am sad my pregnancy is over. I was thinking yesterday that I already miss her little kicks. She was a total surprise, so I never thought I would have that blessing again. I really tried to enjoy every moment.

As I look at this little peanut who will be a week old tomorrow and my baby boy who is turning 11 today, I just know that this will go by faster than my heart can handle. If you can't tell, I am a bit of a hormonal mess, still. Oy.
MrsPalumbo likes this.
March 25th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We're not sure if we're done yet or not, so I'm cherishing every moment. Waterworks tend to come around 3am
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 25th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
I guess I am not very sentimental. There's nothing I will miss about this, and this is definitely the last one. I too miss being intimate with my husband and not feeling like my skin is crawling when my kids touch my belly. I just don't like being touched or cuddled in any way when I am pregnant. I wish I did....but I just want it over with.

That said, I think it's super sweet that some of you are able to cherish these last moments!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

March 25th, 2014, 05:45 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in the "I just want it over" camp. I know I'll vaguely miss the thought of having him in my belly/always with me etc but yeah mostly I hate everything about pregnancy except the end result- I love love my kids. On that topic...I do not like holding other people's kids especially while I'm pregnant!!! Is that weird? In fact, other babies kind of like...not annoy me but I just don't want to be around them. This is weird because I love babies- I'm obsessed with them normally. Less so since I have my own but still more than this lol. Oh well, I'll have my own baby and I love to hold my own babies all day long pretty much.
MrsPalumbo likes this.
March 26th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Veteran
Oh, you have such a sweet heart, Mrs. Palumbo! I haven't been inexplicably moved to tears lately (though that has surprised me a few times during the past nine months!) I'm mostly happy right now and trying to enjoy everything in the moment.
MrsPalumbo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search