37 week appt

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 07:37 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Had my 37 week appt yesterday. I was 0% effaced and *maybe* 1 cm dilated. So basically I still have a ways to go, although she did say my cervix was soft.Heart rate was 139 and didn't ask her what my belly was measuring. Up 18 lbs since my first appt. also had my gbs test. Not sure when I get results from that.
Asked about delayed cord clamping and she said absolutely! So yay!!

And one more thing.. Dr said NO to the 39 week induction. Not sure if you remember my post from several weeks ago where I talked about setting up an induction so that my husband didn't miss the birth. (He's out of town for work 75% of the week). So yeah, not really sure what to say about that. I wasn't expecting her to say no because they had no problems with it in 2011 when I had my son. I didn't want an induction anyway, but now I'm afraid he's going to miss it. Just praying he doesn't.

March 25th, 2014, 07:47 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Sorry about no induction! I think that is a good reason for one myself. I hope he makes it to the birth as well.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 25th, 2014, 08:20 AM
My dr said the rules have changed since 2011. I was so surprised she said no because I wasn't expecting it that I just sat there and didn't say much

March 25th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I was the same way at my 40 week appt with DS and went into labour 2 days later, so you never know. That said, sucks about your dr's decision, hopefully she comes on her own during that time

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 25th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a good appt, but that is a bummer about the induction. Rules have changed at a lot of hospitals for c-section. My doc had to have a very good reason to take my baby at 38 weeks. Years ago, that was a common delivery date. Maybe you can do as much as possible to get your body ready by 39 weeks.
March 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That must have been hard to hear no to the induction. I know you didn't nessesarlily want one but, probably knowing that you could have one was easy your mind so at least you would know your DH would be there. I know hospital regulations changed even for my cerclage placement. And none for the better from what I experienced. Hopefully, I won't notice to many changes during delivery.
March 26th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FX that DH makes the delivery (I'm sure he will). Glad your appointment went well otherwise.

March 26th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I'm just super nervous. I mean, I know having an induction at 39 weeks doesn't necessarily mean I'll make it till then, but at least it was a peace of mind. Now, I feel like I'm walking on egg shells. My labors tend to go on the fast side

March 26th, 2014, 11:52 AM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Glad that your appointment went well otherwise, but that is a bummer about induction. I may be going it solo for birth, too, despite including DH in my L&D plan this whole time, so I get how that feels. Personally, although my stubborn bones don't want to accept the possibility of him not being there, I'm trying my darndest to see how the experience can be just as positive and empowering. And I need to put down the books that assume my SO will be there! Lol. Best of luck to you, mama. I hope it all works out, but if not, I'm rooting for you.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 26th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just to give you some hope - I wasn't dilated or effaced at all at my 39+2 appt with my 2nd DD. Yet I went into labor 3 days later. So you could really go at anytime. Being 1cm now means something is happening.

I've heard a lot of hospitals etc are cracking down on early inductions for non-medical reasons. While it's good for the most part I can certainly see how it's not always ideal for everyone. I can certainly sympathize about your DH being out of town. Hugs!!!

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search