NOT mature...

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mommy2b43
  • 3 Post By Gray_baby
  • 1 Post By Gray_baby

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm devastated. Hubby's work kept him in town this week because we were hoping to have a baby. Now they want to redo the amnio Monday and take him next Wednesday . I can't do another Amnio and the wait that comes with it.

This week was perfect for us hubby is working in town and Paige is on spring break. Now i have to deal with how to get hubby home when baby comes and getting paige to and from school.

The results are so close it was 1.1 needed to be a 1.3 so unless i change my mind or go in labor on my own looks like two more weeks for me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
March 25th, 2014, 11:13 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am so sorry.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 25th, 2014, 11:14 AM
LittleVera's Avatar Veteran
Aww, I'm sorry. I know you were really looking forward to holding Kasey this week. I totally understand needing baby to come at a convenient time - I've been wondering lately if DH will be able to see the delivery. It's very stressful and a little heartbreaking. Hope it all works out for you, mama. Lots of hugs.

Desi

Proud mommy to Helenna Brook (1/26/10) & Eris Genevieve (4/20/14)
& the lucky S.O. to Matthew, a model daddy
March 25th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
I'm sorry, that sucks. I hope it will all work out ok!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

March 25th, 2014, 12:12 PM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
That has to be so disappointing, Sandy Fx DH gets to make the delivery and things work out with DD2's transportation. Hugs Mama

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
March 25th, 2014, 12:16 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How disappointing :/ hopefully he comes on his own when he's ready or they just schedule induction closer to 39 weeks!
anjewellove likes this.
March 25th, 2014, 12:52 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
-hugs- I'm so sorry. Hopefully he'll decide it's time to come this week anyway so you won't have to wait after all!
March 25th, 2014, 12:55 PM
So my hubby texted me and said he thinks he can work in town next week and wants me to do another Amnio Monday. My mind and heart tell me no. I will talk to the Dr Thursday and see if he will take him without another amnio am I wrong to refuse another one?

March 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're not wrong to refuse another if it's what you feel is right. Amnios have their risks as well as benefits so it's something you have to weigh for yourself. What exactly are your reservations? I've never had one so I can't say how I'd feel. I'm sorry you're so disappointed but at least they didn't find out he wasn't ready after delivering you early.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 25th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Well i talked to hubby and we both agreed to just talk to the Dr Thursday and tell him I am not comfortable with another amnio that he can either take him next Wednesday or set it for 39 weeks like he originally intended anyway.

My stomach was upset 24 hours before the amnio and during the amnio I felt like I had a fever I was super lightheaded and sick at my stomach for hours after. Then for 24 hours after I was worried about if I was going to have him and the waiting was horrible. I don't want to put myself threw that again.

March 25th, 2014, 06:26 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Personally, at this point I don't think I'd do a second amnio either. You're so close that it just doesn't seem worth it given the discomfort etc you mentioned. Do you think dh could plan to be in town at 39 weeks instead of next week? Or possibly just in town both weeks? How is he taking time off after the baby comes? Is he taking any at all or???
March 25th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Huge hugs. Sorry it didn't work out for this week. Good luck at the doctor on Thurs.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 25th, 2014, 08:44 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry

March 25th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Eyes 409 View Post
My stomach was upset 24 hours before the amnio and during the amnio I felt like I had a fever I was super lightheaded and sick at my stomach for hours after. Then for 24 hours after I was worried about if I was going to have him and the waiting was horrible. I don't want to put myself threw that again.
I can totally understand your reservations based on that for sure! Sounds stressful. At least with setting it for 39 weeks you can plan for that instead of going through that stress again and then waiting for the results. Go with your gut!
LittleVera likes this.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
March 26th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fingers crossed that it all works out best for your family, hugs.

March 26th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Super Mommy
Sorry you're so disappointed. Emotions are crazy at this time I know! It's so hard to have to change plans you were counting on. Try to remember that inside you is the best place for kasey to be right now, and enjoy paiges spring break just you and her! It helps to find little things to be thankful for. Like avoiding potential lung issues and frequent coughs for your boy in the future by giving him more time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search