Labor music?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsPalumbo
  • 1 Post By MKnaomi
  • 1 Post By love.our.logan579
  • 2 Post By love.our.logan579

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who had a specific playlist or is making one?
What types of music are you planning on having on it, any specific artists or songs?

For Logan I had some random playlist that had a lot of relaxed rock on it, U2, Coldplay, Jack Johnson, a little Katie Herzig & Norah Jones. I went through an obsessively in love with Brett Dennen phase right before I had Eden so I think I just had it on his pandora station when I had her. I'm trying to make a playlist for Arden's birth now & would love any recommendations!

April 11th, 2014, 09:48 AM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Ohh that made me remember..i have to charge my ipod!! I ll have classic and slow songs.. But nothing specific!

April 11th, 2014, 10:17 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a fan of Adele and Sarah McLaughlin. Country is always a winner in my book. I also like Edie Carey, Catie Curtis, Tracy Chapman, Colbie Callait and Sarah Harmer. DMB, Counting Crows, Pearl Jam. Oh boy I'm too indecisive. They would all be on my playlist!
love.our.logan579 likes this.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell
April 11th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Super Mommy
We were just uploading a bunch of CD's that weren't on DH's computer last night. Then he will sort the songs and make a play list, he is in charge of all things media. We use contemporary worship/praise music, it helps me to take the focus off myself. If you know who they are, it's pretty much entirely Hillsong Music from Australia. If I can find any, I'll include Jesus Culture as well, who are from California.
love.our.logan579 likes this.
April 11th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKnaomi View Post
We were just uploading a bunch of CD's that weren't on DH's computer last night. Then he will sort the songs and make a play list, he is in charge of all things media. We use contemporary worship/praise music, it helps me to take the focus off myself. If you know who they are, it's pretty much entirely Hillsong Music from Australia. If I can find any, I'll include Jesus Culture as well, who are from California.
I love Hillsong United! I'm planning on having their song "Oceans" on my playlist for sure!
MKnaomi likes this.

April 11th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPalumbo View Post
I'm a fan of Adele and Sarah McLaughlin. Country is always a winner in my book. I also like Edie Carey, Catie Curtis, Tracy Chapman, Colbie Callait and Sarah Harmer. DMB, Counting Crows, Pearl Jam. Oh boy I'm too indecisive. They would all be on my playlist!
Oh yes, DMB & Counting Crows!! Idk how I forgot about them! I also really love Phillip Phillips, he reminds me so much of DMB.

So far I have:
Mumford
Of monsters and men
Brett Dennen
Katie Herzig
Coldplay
Jack Johnson
Hillsong
OAR
Passenger

Justin thought it would be hilarious to have "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash, "Push it" by Salt n Peppa, "Under Pressure" by Queen & "Hurt so Good" by John Mellencamp I'm totally adding them if nothing else to lift the mood & make my midwifes giggle
NehaT and LittleVera like this.

April 11th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Veteran
I've put my husband in charge of the playlist. I'm requesting U2, Nickelcreek, Beatles, Coldplay, Sheryl Crow...stuff of that ilk. I'm sure he'll do a good job. If I get picky in the moment, I can always plug into Pandora radio.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search