We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Our OB says they induce at 41w. As I have posted before, I want to extend it to at least 10 days and have an NST and BPP. Do you think 10 days is a good compromise? I feel like 41w is too soon and 42w kind of scares me. Also, if you've had an induction before, would/did you prefer going in at night for cervical ripening and then the actual induction in the morning, or just going in in the morning to get things started? I'm really praying the RRLT and EPO are doing something...I'm hoping we don't even have to make these kind of decisions and he comes on his own before 41w hits, but I just want us to be prepared and informed. It's so hard to know the right thing, esp when it's not my body we're making decisions about!
My OB originally told me she induces at 41 weeks and that I could choose an induction date any time after 40 weeks. I told her I'd like to avoid being induced unless medically necessary - she seemed okay with going past 41 so long as baby and me were doing fine. I'm in for an ultrasound on Wednesday to check fluid levels, etc. keeping my fingers crossed little guy is doing fine, and we can keep waiting for his grand entrance.
I'm doing a 2 staged induction starting at 9 days overdue and probably ending at 10. I felt the same as you - 41 is too early, 42 too late (for me personally). If it makes you feel any better about going late, my hospital (top notch women's hospital in a major metropolitan market) doesn't even consider inducing until starting at 41 weeks (unless there is a specific medical concern). Good luck - I hope baby comes on his own for you!
I would do the cervical ripening. My cervix being so favorable is what was the deciding factor in me getting induced when I did. Plus my labor was only 9 hours from IV inserted till birth. As far as the dates, I don't have an opinion. My induction was scheduled for 39 weeks so I am not a fan, for me, to even get to 40 because of baby size.
I got cervadil for both of my inductions. One lasted 24 hrs the other just 8. The worst thing about it is you have to stay in the hospital for the 12 hours before the induction. The one that was terrible was my first baby and 6 days before my due date. I was also pretty sure my due date was a week later than they had.
Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!