Bouncing back..

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2014, 07:28 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or not. I don't know if I'm not remembering correctly or what but it seems like I bounced back so much easier with my last as far as my weight went. Granted, I was the same weight pp as I am now but I started 10 lbs lighter this time and I swear even though I'm the same weight my shape is not as good!! Maybe it's just because I'm 30 now?

How's everyone doing with pp weight loss??
April 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 10# less than pre pregnancy but I'm a plus size mom so I have a long way to go to be where I want to be.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
April 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Ha. Its not. I gained 50, have only lost 25 at 4 weeks out :/

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 28th, 2014, 07:41 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Jamie.. I dont think you are out of shape... You must look at me..Pear shaped women in her 29.. And big thigh bone...
Upper body S size lower body L size.. I laugh at myself when I have to do alterations...

April 28th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I used to think I was pear shaped but I'm just flat chested lol I'm still wider on top and bottom more like an hourglass I guess?? But, now I have a belly. I know I'm only 3 weeks out and I'm certainly not going to diet! I love my baby so much and it's worth it but I'm getting sick of not having anything to wear. It's annoying because I've been every size there is to be but- nothing looks good on me and I am so sad not to be anywhere near the size I was. I was down to a 2/4 in women's and 5/6 in juniors! Being thin was nice while it lasted
April 28th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't bounce back easily pp. I finally lost the last 15 pounds 1.5 years ago. My baby just turned nine . going to work harder. Not one if those people who it just falls off for when nursing.
April 28th, 2014, 08:48 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Three weeks is nothing! I read something today that says it take a good 6 weeks just for the uterus to go back where it belongs. Plus it takes 9 months to pack it on, we can't expect it to be gone instantaneously.

With that being said I'm whining about looking fat all the time too. Dh keeps griping at me, you just had a baby! But it doesn't make you feel any better in clothes or around people who didn't just have babies . I gained 30 lbs and have lost about 24, but I wanna lose 10 more once I hit my pre pregnancy weight. I definitely feel like my skin is looser this time around, but like you said I really don't remember!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
April 28th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2b43 View Post
I used to think I was pear shaped but I'm just flat chested lol I'm still wider on top and bottom more like an hourglass I guess?? But, now I have a belly. I know I'm only 3 weeks out and I'm certainly not going to diet! I love my baby so much and it's worth it but I'm getting sick of not having anything to wear. It's annoying because I've been every size there is to be but- nothing looks good on me and I am so sad not to be anywhere near the size I was. I was down to a 2/4 in women's and 5/6 in juniors! Being thin was nice while it lasted
You dont know then the ultimate pear shaped.. Its frustrating even to choose jeans. Tight in thighs and loose in bottoms..
And when I did my vigorous diet and exercise (before wedding) ..i didnt lose pear shape.. It was still pear.. People asked me why I wear jackets? To balance the unbalance shape!!!!
I hope I will also return to my pre pregnancy weights soon after babys birth!!!

April 28th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Super Mommy
Checked today and I've lost a little over half, at two weeks out so I'm happy. They don't want me to lose much more, I have 10-12 left, my midwife thinks I need them to help with bfeeding. With my first I was back in all my clothes at 9 months. Last time was a bit over a year.
April 29th, 2014, 01:14 AM
I'm mostly just annoyed with myself for gaining so much in the first place. I'd be okay with having 10 to lose. I'm trying to be patient...at least my fat jeans mostly for now (there's def a muffin top).

Neha- I have that problem with the jeans being too big in the waist and tight in the thighs too!! It drives me nutty!

(Oh but right now I don't have that issue lol).
April 29th, 2014, 05:45 AM
^^ ditto.. Loose in waist.. Tight in thighs.. i gained till today 22 pounds..

April 29th, 2014, 06:33 AM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NehaT View Post
Jamie.. I dont think you are out of shape... You must look at me..Pear shaped women in her 29.. And big thigh bone...
Upper body S size lower body L size.. I laugh at myself when I have to do alterations...
Oh I'm with you, Neha! I've given up fighting it and just take all of my pants to the tailor to be taken in at the waist.

Expecting baby #1 through IUI with Follistim

April 29th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well when I came home from the hospital and weighed myself I had lost 26 pounds, which is 10 more than I gained (gained at the heaviest part of pregnancy 16 and was 14 gained at delivery). But I still have bloating or something because my prepregnancy pants don't fit well yet (really tight, though I can get them on). I'm also plus size so need to lose more anyway, but I'd like to have something to wear right now as all my pregnancy stuff is to big and my pre-pregnancy stuff is to tight. And now the weather is supposed to be close to 100 this week and I have no shorts that fit.

April 29th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Me too...except it's cold and rainy and it's not like I'm making it out of my pjs any time soon lol
April 29th, 2014, 04:11 PM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I look pretty good for having two kids and being 10 days post partum. I seem to bounce back pretty well from pregnancy though. My hips will never be the same and my skin is stretched but I'm ok with that.

April 29th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I have a mothers apron. It's not so pretty lol but when I'm skinny it's at least mostly hidden!!
April 30th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Veteran
Ugggg this is one area that i dreaded with having the c section.

I gained 35# down 20#. 15 to go. ... but I can't workout and i hate that! I had prepared myself to hit the gym hard post baby. ... but that all changed love being home not worrying about anything
May 7th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Regular
I didn't gain much weight with baby. Overall about 15 pounds. I had an anything goes policy with food and still couldn't get beyond that (they wanted me to gain weight since baby was small). Wish I had that problem when I'm not pregnant. As of last week (3 weeks out) I am only 2 pounds from where I started out. I feel like it is misleading though because I was more muscle back then and even though I'm only 2 pounds away from baseline I'm a lot more flabby. Still waiting for the belly to go down more and my arms are more fat than muscle as well. I am waiting for the 6 week check up before I hit the gym again.
May 9th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Week after babys birth, I am 13 pounds down. Still 11 pounds to pre pregnancy weight!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search