I have to confess...

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
Add me to the list of people who don't like the newborn phase. I never have. Being tied to a miserable nursing baby all day, no sleep, muscle tension from hunching over nursing all the time, trying to jam everything in before baby melts......it is all so trying. I start to like them more at about 4 to 5 months.
Boos Moo likes this.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

May 2nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tersh View Post
Add me to the list of people who don't like the newborn phase. I never have. Being tied to a miserable nursing baby all day, no sleep, muscle tension from hunching over nursing all the time, trying to jam everything in before baby melts......it is all so trying. I start to like them more at about 4 to 5 months.
I totally know what you mean. My back hurts from hunching my back. I've been trying to find a position on this dang couch that I can relax in while nursing but it's hard when trying to correct his latch.

I love the quiet moments when I can just snuggle him and enjoy it. But those moments seem too few and far between with two other kids and all the other responsibilities. Ugh.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
May 2nd, 2014, 09:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry Therese. Colic is awful. We are having issues with Alyson sleeping during the day and being up all night. She likes to be held and wakes up when she is put down. She has really bad reflux so spit up is every where. We are having weight issues so that is stressful and have to pump and aupplement. She hates riding in the car so going to get my older daughter from school every day is a scream fest. DH has been great washing and making bottles and making dinner so I am going to have a hard time next week when he goes back to work.

May 2nd, 2014, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby! I am sorry Therese. I hope she improves soon.
Boos Moo likes this.
May 3rd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2b43 View Post
Awww that sucks. I think I'd feel the same way if he had colic. Sometimes I wish I could just put him down for a while! He has wanted to be held and/or fed constantly lately. I really need to do laundry so it gets frustrating.
At this point if she only wants to be held and isn't crying/screaming I'll take it. But yeah I know what ya mean about laundry. I told DH I had to catch up on that today (and that's still with the other 2 and DH doing their own laundry!).

May 3rd, 2014, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiep726 View Post
I am so sorry Therese! That has to be so rough. Hope she gets over it soon . Probably a dumb question but have you tried different formulas? I've heard of people going through 7/8 kinda before finding something that works.
Her last 2 nights (DH was home both, just like last week, so I'm beginning to think she doesn't like being home alone with me - LOL) were better. No big long screaming sessions. As for the formula, yes we started off with good start but she was really gassy so the pedi/nurse suggested trying one of the gentle formulas because they're made for less gas. Well we got on one of them at 3 weeks old and it didn't seem to help much. We tried gripe water and gas drops. While she doesn't seem to be in pain as much she's still really gassy. Then when I had to take her to the ER they suggested because she might have reflux that we try one of those formulas thickened with rice so we did. The next 2 evenings were even worse so I switched back to the gentle formula. And since she's had 2 good nights since then I'm going to keep on this formula for awhile at least to see how it goes. I'm hoping she's reached her peak and will have good nights from her on out - FX.
katiep726 likes this.

May 3rd, 2014, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieM View Post
So sorry Therese. Colic is awful. We are having issues with Alyson sleeping during the day and being up all night. She likes to be held and wakes up when she is put down. She has really bad reflux so spit up is every where. We are having weight issues so that is stressful and have to pump and aupplement. She hates riding in the car so going to get my older daughter from school every day is a scream fest. DH has been great washing and making bottles and making dinner so I am going to have a hard time next week when he goes back to work.
Maybe one of those rice formulas would help her? Her reflux is probably one of the big reasons she likes to be held, she's more upright. I'm so sorry she is having weight issues, though I'm sure she'll catch up soon once her digestive system settles down. And the car ride thing must really suck, most babies love the car movement. I've had to a couple times during the evenings take Truely on a truck ride so at least she'll sleep during that time. It was hard for me when DH went back to work. I rely to much on frozen dinners, but have started using my crock pot more. That way at least if I can't get to it right away it can sit in the pot for awhile and I can get it going in the morning before DH leaves. Lots of hugs momma.

May 3rd, 2014, 05:07 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos Moo View Post
At this point if she only wants to be held and isn't crying/screaming I'll take it. But yeah I know what ya mean about laundry. I told DH I had to catch up on that today (and that's still with the other 2 and DH doing their own laundry!).
Oh I totally meant to be empathetic not complaining- I totally don't mind holding a sleeping baby and to be honest if I really wanted to get stuff done I'd put him in his sling! I hope T starts being more content for you- colic totally scares me! It just sounds so hard and talk about frustrating!
May 3rd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Oh Jamie I knew you meant it in a good way, I just meant I wish for lots of none screaming nights ahead And it's so nice to hold/cuddle them when they aren't screaming and scratching (I've resorted to putting her little mittens on even with trimmed nails when she gets colicky). And they are little really for such a short amount of time we should get all the holding and cuddling in while we can. Soon they'll be mobile and once that starts they rarely slow down. How have your other 2 been adjusting to little Max?
mommy2b43 likes this.

May 3rd, 2014, 05:39 PM
They are doing well- as I expected from the first time- they both are acting up a bit but adore the baby. They just want more attention, which is understandable. The oldest wants nothing to do with the idea if a #4 at the moment- which makes me sad because I know it has to do with how out of commission I am during pregnancy but oh well- we've got a while for her to warm up to it

Oh the scratching- Max does that too when he's hungry. His poor little face! I really do hope she straightens up- doesn't she know this is as good as it gets- fed on demand, getting to sleep all day, no jobs/bills/responsibilities/worries other than when to make her next poo lol ah to be a baby
Boos Moo likes this.
May 4th, 2014, 09:16 AM
I can trim her nails daily and they seem to grow crazy fast and yes she has scratched her face a couple of times also. And she is often putting her fingers to her eyes, I worry she might scratch one of them as well. When she's colicky it's me she scratches. Luckily last night wasn't to bad, only about 2 hours broken up into 2 different 1 hour stretches. I just thought about another thing.... I dislike when they outgrow each stage of clothing.

May 4th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Oh I still dislike swapping out clothes for my girls!!! I have random piles of their clothes in my guest room at the moment!! It seems like there's always something and if my older one sees me retiring something she usually puts up a fight lol
May 4th, 2014, 04:48 PM
DH has a friend who is trying to get pregnant and asked me to save all our little clothes. Hopefully if/when she gets pregnant she has a girl All our clothes so far have mostly been given to us and people love to buy pink and/or frilly stuff for baby girls. My DD1 was the same everytime I tried to donate or give away her outgrown clothes, she'd get upset and want to keep them. It took a long time for her to outgrow that, hopefully your older one will outgrow it quicker.
mommy2b43 likes this.

May 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I love pink frilly clothes boy clothes are okay but they're just not as cute lol for now though Max gets lots of attention for his size- he's just so itty bitty! I'm ready for him to get some chunk on him!

I just throw things away or put them aside for dd2 when she's not looking. I dunno- she's still got it good since she gets all new clothes whereas dd2 and future children will get all hand me downs now that we have one of each
May 6th, 2014, 04:17 PM
DH made a funny comment on clothes the other day. DD1 was getting some clothes together for donating to the Good Will and DH says 'we should hold onto those because Truely can wear them someday'. Uh, really? DD1 is already 5'5" at 10 years old and wears a size 9 - 10 shoe. I don't think I want to hold onto clothes for 10 years LOL. Here's a pic in one of her frilly outfits:

May 6th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Awww I love the tutu!! How cute. It's nowhere near as fun dressing a boy...yet. But that's partly because he still doesn't fit into any of his cute outfits!! He's so tiny!
May 7th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Super Mommy
Joining this a bit late, but I'm also on the BF train. We've had such a difficult time. My milk took forever to come in and then we had major supply issues. He basically was hysterically crying all time except when he was trying to nurse or those few minutes - at most an hour - when he would sleep. For the 5 days, we dealt with that, I was going NUTS. Therese, hugs to you for dealing with colic. I was crying everyday because I had no idea what to do. Then I got super engorged, his latch got worse, and my cracked nipples became bleeding nipples. I'm now just pumping and it's becoming obvious how low my supply is right now. My nipples are thank God healing, but I think I'm too traumatized to try BF-ing again.
May 7th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Oh no that sounds awful. That's how it was with my girls. So painful and miserable. And then I got yeast and it wouldn't go away and I was just done. It's funny that the actual breastfeeding is so much easier this time but I still don't enjoy it. I'm feeling better today because bean slept 2 3 hour stretches so I'm not exhausted but I am not looking forward to him being glued to me again today.
May 7th, 2014, 08:10 AM
Super Mommy
Little guy - since we started supplementing - is also now sleeping 2-3 hour stretches, which makes a world of difference, and for the first time, actually slept one of those stretches in the bassinet! DH and I actually got to sleep in the same bed. Small steps! I'm feeling less exhausted, too.
May 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I feel things would be so much easier to deal with if we could just get a little more sleep! Moi I'm sorry to hear about the BF. We never could get Truely to latch and that was working with many different lactation consultants also. And yes the crying, I think I've cried every day for at least a week or more now. I'm taking her to the doctor today to make sure it's nothing more than colic or gas.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search