What you expected?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tersh
  • 1 Post By Gray_baby
  • 1 Post By juliebee123
  • 1 Post By krissy1989

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those of you who already had a baby or a few at home how is it adjusting to this baby compared to your others?

As a FTM is it what you expected? Harder/easier?

It's been a lot easier this time so far. I think my body was already used to not gettin sleep so I haven't felt bad. I mean I'm exhausted when I get woken up but once I have some coffee I'm pretty set for the rest of the day. I've only taken a couple naps since Kinley was born. The busier we are the less tired I feel. We've gone to lunch several times, shopping, the zoo, and the aquarium with both kids. I've actually really enjoyed it for the most part! With that being said, dh has been off work this whole time. I know things are going to get harder once he leaves... Next week! When he leaves he's gone for 4 days straight so I'm pretty nervous about that. I do all of the nightly feedings but he usually gets up with ds so Kinley and I can sleep in. Definitely going to miss that.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
May 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm about what I expected. Dd2 is a handful and she's gotten worse since the baby but I expected that. Nursing has been easier and harder. I expected to have given up and put him on formula by now which would have been easier physically but may have led to ppd again? Hard to say because I was so ho hum about it in the first place. I remember the first time he latched on on the first try- it was like day2 in the hospital and is almost dropped him in surprise lol. I'm getting more and more tired the further out we get. I don't know if it's the adrenaline wearing off slowly or just the lack of sleep piling up? But, I'm ready to get one nice full night of sleep!! Since we're breastfeeding and I haven't introduced a bottle yet that's not going to happen any time soon!!

Oh and I haven't taken one nap since he was born- but this is not surprising. The older I get the more I hate naps. I don't like the way they make me feel and I don't like how I can't sleep that night if I take one.
May 3rd, 2014, 01:05 AM
Veteran
I didn't know that I would swell so much afterward. I was given A LOT of fluids - and now my skin doesn't feel like my own. There's so much right under the surface, plumping it up. I run my hands over my legs and the skin feels so tight. My Dr says I will pee it all away over the next week or so. I've made it my JOB to pee every hour. I am always amazed at how much comes out - even if I didn't "think" I needed to pee.

My feet are, like, Fred Flintstone feet!
May 3rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I thought it was going to be a lot worse with DS1 so I am relieved. But the awake for hours in the middle of the night seems so much worse than last time since I can't nap during the day (DS1 takes one nap, and Levi always seems to be awake during that one nap of course!).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 3rd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
Mmm last time was easier actually. My first was still my hardest, I wasn't prpared to have serious bfeeding ussues, I had a hard recovery from a tear and the emotional side was for sure the hardest. Just learning to be responsible for another person, and learning who I am as an individual now as a mom. DD was easy. She was a great sleeper, DS was easy to deal with and we only had to supplement her for about a week so the anxiety was less. Also she only ate every 3 hours while DS.ate every 2, more often in the heat of the summer. This time is in the middle, my recovery has been easiest, but bf is more like with DS, emotions have been there tho not terrible, but being alone with 3 has been super hard, it's not just caring for all their needs but managing the fighting and tantrums, dd is more difficult than ds was. Plus we've had to deal with a lot of illness. Overall, harder than I expected.
May 3rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well since my kids are spaced soooo far apart I honestly can't remember for sure how hard/easy it was with them. I think we tend to try to block the more unpleasant stuff ya know. But sleeping is harder than I remember and the colic is out of control and so hard I don't think my other 2 had it to this degree or I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had another

May 3rd, 2014, 03:40 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
It's more or less what I expected. The transition from 0 to 1 kid was way harder for me, than from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3.

I said this to my sister today "it's easier for me to adjust to, being that it wasn't a planned baby. It would be harder to swallow if I had willingly signed up for this." She replied "yah, that's why I'm NTNP. I can't quite decide that doing this again is the best idea ever, but if it happens, then it's meant to be!" I think that's why I found 0 to 1 soooo hard. Once my DD arrived, I was left with this giant "now what?" feeling, which I know now was the PPD. This is actually the most sane I have felt after a baby (for now), so I feel like things are going well.
LittleVera likes this.

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

May 4th, 2014, 07:36 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I'd say going from 2-3 has been the easiest but my opinion may change next week after my DH goes out if town for a few months. Lol.

The transition from 0-1 was by far the hardest for us. I was 32 at the time and used to sleep and life being a certain way. It was tough going to no sleep and all the other changes. Now I'm in the mom groove and I find it easier to balance everything - I've got certain ways of song things and organizing life for the older two kids so this hasn't been as tough to add in one more. If he'd nurse faster that would free up some time for me though. Lol
katiep726 likes this.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
May 4th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Easiest for me. 1-2 was hard and I had a NB and a toddler. #2 was a challenging baby. He cried all the time. Eden is more laid back Andy others are so old that the challenges are different and definitely easier. Edie fits right in ,
LittleVera likes this.
May 4th, 2014, 05:38 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
It's been a little harder than I expected. My other two were only 18 months apart, and since my first was such a mild and easygoing kid, going from 1-2 was a cinch. This time, I have two tantrumy preschoolers who want to fight with each other and test me all day, and Chloe is a very high-needs baby. She wants held and nursed all day, or else she cries. But we're finding our groove now, and things were easier today. So I'm hopeful it's easier from here on out.
katiep726 likes this.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
May 4th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes she is easy like my other girls. She hardly ever cries unless I take too long to prepare her bottle.
May 5th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Super Mommy
So much harder than expected as a FTM. I did not expect I'd need a c-section especially after being labor for 30 hours. The recovery from the c has been really tough. We've had a terrible time breastfeeding because my milk took for ever to come in, resulting in a latch that went from good to bad, resulting in bleeding, cracked nipples. He cried hysterically incessantly. He slept so rarely. I got no sleep. I cried everyday. I finally agreed to supplement, which was heartbreaking, but it's better for him in terms of getting enough food. He had lost over 13% of his body weight before we left the hospital. I'm hoping things get better. We go to the doc in a couple of hours.. I'm hoping he's gained or at least stayed even.

I also didn't expect how puffy I'd be either. My feet are huge. I'm probably going to be stuck in flip flops - hoping it stays decently warm here!
May 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Regular
I also think this is harder than I thought it would be and I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park. I am a FTM so the life with a newborn was quite a shock. I miss my sleep, I miss not having to pump, I miss going out whenever I want, I miss traveling. Everything is so complicated now and I have so little free time. I really underestimated the effect that sleep deprivation can have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search