How old is your baby and how much does s/he sleep?

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2014, 07:12 AM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Max turned four weeks on Friday and I swear all he does is sleep and eat. He was awake for about 2 20 minute increments yesterday and then here and there but mostly he's sleeping. He's not a fussy baby- he cries when he's hungry and when he wants to be held. He eats well and is gaining- almost up to 7 lbs now so he's gained 2ish lbs in 4 weeks- which doesn't sound bad (though it still puts him off the charts :/). Just curious how other babies are doing? I am enjoying the cuddles while I can- my least favorite baby phase is coming up- the "I can't sit up but I'm awake and don't know what to do with myself" phase.
May 4th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
6.5 weeks here and her sleeping amount depends on how the afternoon/evening goes for her with colic. But generally she sleeps 2 - 3 hour stretches during the day and 3 - 4 hour stretches at night (once we got a 5 hour stretch) and then she's up anywhere from 10 minutes (when she wasn't serious about waking or had a bad gas pain) to 1 hour normally.

May 4th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Eden is also 6.5 weeks and she doesn't sleep as much as she did at. 4 weeks. She was such a sleepy NB. She only naps in the stroller, carrier, or in my arms. I'd say mostly cat naps then eat, maybe be happy for about 20 mins then wash , rinse, repeat. She is definitely more awake. At a month she was easily sleeping for 22+ hours a day. Not entirely sure about nights, but 2-3 hour stretches after midnight. She's really hard from 9-12
May 4th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucas is almost 9 days old so things change daily. Lol. Two nights ago he slept 7 hours in a row, last night it was 5+ hours. Before that though for 2-3 nights he was waking every 1.5-3 hours, he has had issues with gas and that was keeping him awake. He's had a few days since we got home where he was awake most of the day but then the last two days he's been very sleepy. I suspect a growth spurt. He was 8lb 3oz at birth and only lost a few ounces when we were discharged from the hospital and should be back to his birthweight by his 2 week appt this week.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
May 4th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Justiah's Avatar Super Mommy
Asher is a moth old, the past two days he has slept 8-9 hours through!! His longest stretch before that was 7 hours which happened on 3 occasions I believe... He is a super easy baby! Definitely feeling for you momma's who are having a hard time getting much sleep.

Last edited by Justiah; May 4th, 2014 at 06:55 PM.
May 4th, 2014, 02:24 PM
amedawn's Avatar Veteran
Ellie is 5 1/2 weeks and usually sleeps 2-4 hour stretches during the day. She plays in her swing or bouncer when she's awake. During the night she wakes up around 3-4. She's such an easy baby I'm waiting for reality to set in lol I feel like she's too good to be true!

May 4th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elaina will be 4 weeks tomorrow. She sleeps pretty much all the time. She typically does 2-3hr stretches day and night. Sometimes she does one 4 hr stretch at night.
May 4th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is 5 weeks and is usually awake around from 6 am to 9 am and the rest of the time she sleeps and wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep.
May 4th, 2014, 11:34 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kinley's a little over 3 weeks old and usually has a couple awake periods throughout the day. Sometimes she'll go the whole time between eating around 9 and 11 (approximately). Then she'll usually be awake for a while in the evenings.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
May 5th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Super Mommy
Robbie is 6 days old. It changes everyday. I had serious issues with breastfeeding, milk took way too long to come in due to the c-section, he lost over 13% of his body weight! and he was barely sleeping at all. I ended up with cracked, bleeding nipples (it's horrible). I'm now only pumping and hoping to heal. I had to supplement with formula because I'm not able to pump enough milk. He's now actually sleeping for at least 2 hour stretches today and is so much less fussy. I'm hoping sleeping improves. Those first few days were so tough.
May 5th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Isabell is a month old today and sleeps 3-5 hour stretches at night, and not really during the day. I have a newborn who doesn't nap! So while I do usually get a good break at night and I can get some decent sleep, during the day I can't get anything done. My house is a disaster because I can't put her down long enough to wash dishes, etc.

I wish she would nap in the day :/
May 8th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Regular
Carts is 8 days old and sleeps a lot during the day, mostly wakes up for feeds. She wakes up at 11 pm and again at 230 a during the night and I wake her up at 7 am to nurse. I am trying to follow Gina Ford's book so that she will continue to sleep through the night.
May 8th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Super Mommy
Logan is 9.5 weeks old. He typically sleeps 3 hour stretches at night, though last night he went 4 hours. Omg, I felt halfway human this morning! I'm averaging 5 hours of sleep a night, which is really taking a toll after 2+ months. Hopefully as he gains more weight he will start sleeping longer...

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search