C-Section Recovery

Forum: April 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Super Mommy
How long did it take you to recover from your c-section? A week out I still have considerable pain in by the incision and in my abdomen. I'm still seriously swollen in my feet and legs from all the fluids they pumped me with. I have noThing really to wear. Due to my swollen legs, my maternity pants are not that comfortable. I wore non-maternity yoga pants throughout the pregnancy and those hit the incision so I can't wear them. In addition, I'm bummed about the lifting restrictions. Our apartment is up a flight of stairs. Our stroller is obviously heavier than baby, so I can't take walks. And with the incision, I'm not able to use my carrier. I'm going a little crazy - I'm completely stuck in the house. Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks to feel better?
May 7th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Luvgreen19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, the first week was the worst. Now at 2 weeks out, my swelling is gone, my abdomen no longer hurts (so i have to be conscious of not overdoing it) and clothes fit comfortably again. I'm sure everyone heals differently, but for me, I feel really good again, and about 8-9 days out could barely tell that I had had surgery. I hope you feel better REALLY soon!
Round 2- 2013
Two failed Clomid cycles in May-June of 2013 followed by35 days of Follistim at gradually building levels + trigger+IUI= in August 2013!
It's a boy! DS#2 due April 28th, 2014!
Born via planned C-section April 22nd,2014 due to being breech

May 7th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Regular
I felt pretty much back to normal after 3.5 weeks. I am not overdoing anything though and haven't started working out or lifting anything heavier than the baby. I had a really rough time the 1st week and it wasn't much better the 2nd. I was still on pain medication then but now I'm completely off.
May 7th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i felt fine by two weeks out. back to walking etc. first 4 days were the worst. then i felt a lot better. my first csection was worse.
May 7th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Tersh's Avatar DD nurses her baby too!
I echo what the others said. My swelling and pain took about a week to subside. I am now at three weeks and still sore if I walk too much or try to lift too much. I feel for you-I'm going stir crazy too and my DH is greeting tired of doing all the housework, groceries and stuff for my other 2 kids!

Thank you to *~Joni~* for my beautiful siggy!!

May 8th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Regular
My swelling is finally going away, thank goodness. My legs and ankles were enormous and it took a week to settle down. My incision is still sore, it's been 8 days so I am taking some Tylenol/ibuprofen to help with it. I am trying not to do too much which is hard. I hope you heal quickly.
May 8th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Veteran
My sitch is exactly like Forestry baby's. I'm on day 9. It's really hard for me to not use my abs.
May 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM
By 3.5 weeks I am starting to feel well enough to do most things, but in moderation.. by the end of a busy day my incision feels pretty sore. The first week in the hospital and then the first week home I didn't feel well enough to get out of bed except to use the washroom, I had no appetite and had to force myself to eat, and besides breast feeding my husband did everything for the baby and I. I think everyone recovers differently and I think maybe I am recovering slower, I also think it depends on what happened before the c-section, I had 24 hours of induced labour, 4 hours of pushing, failed forceps and then a c-section, so it was pretty hard on me physically!
May 22nd, 2014, 04:48 AM
MrsPalumbo's Avatar Super Mommy
Its Julie...I felt great by the end of the 2 week and by the 3 week was feeling so good we walked in the park and around the little fair we had. every once in a while I get pains in my stomach but that is usually because I'm ripping my 100 pound dog off my other dog or because I got my foot stuck in Tammy flip flop side ways ( don't ask). My swelling went down by the end of the first week. Most of you already think Im wonder woman or something so don't listen to whats going on with me im a freak of nature apparently.

Tammy, wife to Julia, Mom to Jordynn and Maxwell

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search