When did you start getting sick?

Forum: Due Date Club of April 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of April 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 07:05 PM
LuvsGavinNJamie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just feel ick and worse the longer I go without eating, then kind of feel unsettled in my belly a while after I eat, no matter what I ate. I've actually had this problem of needing to eat something every couple hours to truly feel okay since I was pg with DS, and he'll be 8 in Oct. It has been more noticeable since before I got my BFP, though. I'd say about 4 weeks.

I mainly have aversions and nothing sounding good. With DD I threw up 1 time. I thought I had reflux, so I was drinking a lot of water that came back up. It was like 2 a.m. In hindsight, I think what I was actually having was a mild asthma attack, because months after I had DD I felt the same and it occurred to me to try my inhaler, and that helped. Scary that I didn't know. I don't have random problems with my asthma usually. It's triggered by allergies to pets, smoke, cut grass, dust...I don't know what triggered it those 2 times.

Last edited by LuvsGavinNJamie; August 25th, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
August 26th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Gray_baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first two pregnancies I got it at about 6 weeks exactly. No vomiting though I often felt like I could vomit. It was an all day sickness that last until about 12-13 weeks.

This time I started feeling nauseous two days before I even tested - granted I'm always a late tester since my cycles run between 31 and 35 days and I tested on like day 40 this time. But based on my LMP I was only 5w 2d when the nausea started (or about 4w 2d if I ovulated late like I suspect which would mean super early morning sickness for me).

I had two days last week where I felt GREAT all day until early evening but even then just mild nausea. Then this past Saturday I felt really good and even ate 3 big meals. But yesterday I was back to feeling really sick all day with food aversions. It's exhausting.

VBAC - Get the FACTS <--- Click Here
August 26th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm pretty lucky, during my last pregnancy I was not sick at all. There were maybe a few days where I felt motion sick, but nothing a little ginger ale couldn't fix. This time I started feeling sick around 5 weeks. That was up until yesterday.

I'm having a pretty good day today in terms of symptoms. I'm trying not to freak out (since they tell you to watch out for symptoms that let up) and just take this as a win. No vomiting yet, just don't feel like eating much and turning down certain items. Also staring at a screen makes me feel a little sicky so that's why I haven't been on in a while lol.

August 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Regular
I got hit hard yesterday with nausea and OMG it sucks so bad. I feel like such a useless person right now. I was so nauseous yesterday and tried not to puke because my stomach was pretty empty anyway. I get so winded just walking around my apartment. Forget about keeping up with chores and cooking. Poor hubby had to resort to fast food which he brought home and the smell of that also made me nauseous.

So after that horrible day I tried to go to bed and ended up with cramps all night that kept me up. No bleeding, so I'm guessing it's due to gas, constipation (I took Zofran a few times), or the uterus stretching. But really, very not pleasant.

I'm not coping well right now and it is really disheartening because I'm only 6 weeks in and have another 6 weeks to go (hopefully) of feeling miserable. I had to call in sick today and am wondering how I am going to function the next day I have to go in. I will probably have to tell my work soon because I can't just keep calling in sick due to a "stomach virus".

After just 1 day of this I'm nervous about getting through the rest of the pregnancy. I don't think I will ever want to get pregnant again after this.
August 27th, 2013, 07:03 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
I started getting severe aversions and heightened sense of smell around 7-8 weeks with my last pregnancy. It was so bad I couldn't go in my kitchen and couldn't stand the taste of water. I thought that would be it but then around week 12 the puking started! I had that from weeks 12-16. What a blast

Hoping its easier this pregnancy!

August 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was bragging about not being sick this round until right before the 6 week mark hit. I'm only 8 weeks now, but I feel like I've been sick forever. I caved and started taking Zofran a week ago. I was both nauseas and vomiting...still doing it occasionaly on the Zofran, but not as much as I was.
August 27th, 2013, 07:59 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I started with the nausea and food aversions around 3.5 weeks. It lasted for a week (had dry-heaving spells around 4.5 weeks), and then kind of disappeared for a few days. Then, BAM, right at 6 weeks yesterday the constant running to the bathroom with vomiting started. I feel so miserable.

With my first pregnancy, it lasted until 16/17 weeks. With my second pregnancy, it only lasted 12/13 weeks. I'm hoping that it lasts even shorter this time!!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
August 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM
this is my first time i will be 8 weeks on the 30th Aug and i have not had vomiting/nausea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search