Belly pics

Forum: Due Date Club of April 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Karen182
  • 1 Post By dannimom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of April 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Anyone planning belly pics?

When/who's taking them/how dressed?

Me:

Some time in March
Eric (DH)
Nude
November 10th, 2013, 12:07 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I take weekly belly pictures. I will not be doing a 35-ish week maternity shoot. I take my own belly pictures and have used the same shirt and pants each time I take a picture.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

November 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
Oh no no no no no. These sort of pictures give me the heebie jeebies, big time.

I am not taking any pictures during pregnancy. There will be superfluous amounts of pictures after baby arrives, but I do not need any before. Maybe 1 right before I deliver with the classic "basketball under the shirt" look, but it will be fully covered.

Serious question--what do you do with these pictures? If you're nude, you can't display them anywhere. Do you have a photo album in a closet somewhere to look at when you feel nostalgic?
MKnaomi and Moi like this.

Logan Connor - March 3, 2014
5 weeks early and absolutely perfect
November 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been really bad about taking pictures this time. We got professional ones done with DS around 37 weeks, and even tho I was fully clothed, I'm still having the problem Karen mentioned with what to do with them?! They were pretty expensive to just stick in an album. So I'll be getting dh to take some throughout the way and maybe even have a family member take some with all three of us toward the end but no professional ones this time. Plus we already have so many family pics of the 3 of us I don't want to pay for anymore until were a family of 4

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
November 10th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I take my own regularly in the mirror. That's it. I'm not a pretty preggo so I would never pay for pics of me looking like this lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Veteran
I have an album that I look at nostalgically.
geogeek likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Super Mommy
My Dh HATES prego pics, especially when posted on facebook for everyone to see It was a big deal just to get him to let me do the FULLy clothed progression of belly growth on facebook with my first, my argument was that I have friends who are out of town and may not see me pregnant at all, and it's a shock to see someone you last saw with no children, and suddenly, they have a baby! I gave it up with DD, took just a few, I think? This time I'll take some periodically to post on here, but not on fb most likely.
DH has a major problem with the semi-nude ones, or even fully clothed, but pulling up the shirt to show the belly, so we just don't. I think they nice 'family' photo of the couple out in a field or something is really sweet though.
November 11th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just do fully clothed progression pics that either my kids or husband takes. Trying to wear the same shirt. I am nowhere near as disciplined as I was with my first two, though. I used to do belly shots with my belly showing, but now I am just stretched marked up and prefer to stay covered. Not that stretch marks aren't a mark of beauty - just don't want to display them to others.
November 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
NehaT's Avatar Super Mommy
Belly Pics.. no nono no at all..

Last edited by NehaT; November 11th, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
November 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I took belly pics with my first with a professional photographer (who is also a good friend). I didn't pay an arm and a leg for it, and I'm completely dressed. They're in my son's baby book and at 3 he gets a kick out of looking at them and saying that he was in my tummy. With my 2nd I went through the entire 34 weeks terrified (I had just had a miscarriage) so I don't think I have one picture of me pregnant. My daughter is going to be mad when she gets older, lol. This time the first picture I took was today for the other post. I wasn't going to do pro pics but my friend is taking our Christmas family pics so I know she's going to make me do a few.

November 11th, 2013, 06:24 PM
mommy2b43's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I probably won't do pictures other than the ones my husband will take weekly once I get to feeling consistently better. I just think they're fun- it's fun to watch the belly grow!
November 12th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Tamara22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been taking pictures on here weekly. They are terrible selfies, but I like having them to look back on. I seem smaller than I was in my last pregnancy, and regret not taking any belly pics in my first pregnancy.

As far as maternity pics, I would like to get some family pictures done maybe around 30 weeks (or even later). I'll be clothed for sure. I might have one with my shirt up with one, or both of the boys (or DH) kissing the belly...but that's about as riskay that I'll get. I usally do my first and last self-belly pic exposing my belly as well.
November 12th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Super Mommy
I saw this cute idea I"d like to try from pinterest though, wait, maybe it's already too late. darn. It was mom sitting on a bed with a flat tummy, then with a BIG tummy, smiling down, then cuddling with a sweet baby, all with the same outfit on. Maybe I can hide my not flat belly?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search