getting ready for baby

Forum: Due Date Club of April 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By juliebee123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of April 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What all do you still have to do to get ready for baby.

Honestly hubby wanted to wait till after Christmas to start buying stuff and we need to wait till my best friend goes threw her baby stuff to donate stuff to me so I see what i still need to buy.

I know she is giving me a high chair and infant cat seat along with some clothing and I already got some clothing, diapers, breast pump, bottles, blankets, wipes, and stroller.

I guess you can say I have a lot still to buy....lol

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
December 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything and this is my first! LOL.

Not to mention the baby still doesn't have a room to sleep in.

So I guess you could say that I'm not exactly prepared yet, either....
December 30th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not ready, but we are taking a minimalist approach to this baby, anyway. I will have a co-sleeper given to us and the only thing I need to buy is a carseat. I have cloth diapers and will be making a few covers - I will probably just get newborn disposables anyway. I have two boobs and some newborn clothes, so we are good.
lovemylittlemiss and MKnaomi like this.

Last edited by juliebee123; December 30th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
December 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My main stress is getting Carter's room ready so the nursery will be available for the baby. I'm more worried about the adjustment for Carter than anything because baby will be in our room for a few months anyway. But to get his room ready we need to get the basement finished and that hasn't even started yet :-/. It's supposed to be done in the next couple months but I'm finding that hard to believe.

As far as things to buy for baby we just need a bouncy seat, diapers, double stroller, and carrier. And honestly the only need is diapers, we have a bouncy seat (it's just girly in case this is a boy) and the other two could wait. We need some clothes too, but I'll get most of that after baby is born since were team green.

I'm trying not to stress beside ultimately I know we have everything we need or it's just a quick run to Walmart away but I'll definitely
Feel better once Carter's room is ready so we can turn the nursery over to baby stuff!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
December 30th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Veteran
We just have to put the crib together and buy some diapers. I want to do the crib soon as it will be easier before I get bigger and more uncomfortable. Sams club has diaper sales early jan so we will be stocking up then.
December 30th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're minimalists as well, plus if the ultrasound are right and it's a girl we have nearly everything we need. We do need to buy a new crib for her; we moved DD to a toddler bed but the paint on the old crib is chipping. I want a new stroller, although that's not a need I really hate the one we have! We might look into buying a bouncer used because we never had one with DD. Aside from that we'll be using our cloth diapers from DD, and her clothing, although I will still probably buy a few things new.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a lot to do. Get married - so everything that goes along with that. Now that the holidays are over we are in wedding mode until march. We have to figure out our living situation, so move FH in, rearrange the apartment, figure out what to do about his apartment and with his stuff for now. We have to figure out sleeping arrangements for DS and probably find a bed for him, then turn his toddler bed back into a crib. We need to get car seats and clothes and diapers and probably some other necessities. Need to make a birth plan and do the hospital tour too.

December 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Boos Moo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still need to do the hospital tour also. We also need to figure out who will watch DD while DH and I are in the hospital.
As for here, we need to get the new window for her room, new carpet (those should both be done within the month) and then paint. We'll need a crib, but she'll be rooming with us in a bassinet for the first few months so no rush. I have a theme I want, but after looking at Babies R Us yesterday for things I think I'll have to order online. They only had 1 star thing and it was a stuffed music star. Still will need bedding for the crib. Clothes. Diapers. We have some toys already (since BRU didn't have anything for bedding or decorations I wanted I used my g/c for some toys).
So lots to do, but I'm not worried as we have the bassinet already and bedding for that. Oh I'll need a breast pump as well as some bags/bottles for storage and feeding.

December 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are focusing on moving before we start buying everything the baby will need.
We have nothing left over from our dd except for cloth diapers and the crib.
We are waiting for a house to open up and hopefully that will happen at the end of January.
Then I can go on a shopping spree. Hehehe

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
December 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Veteran
We have not done a thing. We do have a crib I bought second hand and it's super nice but does not match furniture already in room I want to paint it all or sell furniture and buy matching dresser but I doubt that's going to happen. Other than that we have nothing. I'm getting a little worried bc my DS came in four weeks from now! (30 weeks). But he was in NICU for two months so I guess we would still have time. My SIL has stuff in her attic from my niece but we have yet to go through it.

December 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
RandE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have not done a thing. Not even a new outfit. I feel kinda bad about it but I haven't seen any nb things for little boys that I really HAD TO HAVE. We're waiting until after taxes to get the big stuff, and I really only have a list of 4 things that I need. So..... I guess I'm still mostly ready from DS1 yet. lol

January 1st, 2014, 05:12 PM
isawastar's Avatar Super Mommy
We still need to finish the baby's room, but as far as things go we mainly need blankets, clothes, and diapers. The bassinet was a bust but we exchanged it for a Rock N Play. The crib has been ordered, mattress for it has already come in, high chair has been ordered. A friend gave us a tub but we'll probably need a new one because it doesn't have an infant support - will most likely get one at our shower. A friend is giving us a swing, someone says they'll give us a Pack N Play. We've been given a Bumbo chair and I ordered a cover for it because the chair is stained. We still need bottles and a breast pump. That's all I can think of right now!
January 3rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a pack and play and swing this week now the rest of the stuff I am buying is smaller stuff.

Although I might buy a new travel system next week.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
January 3rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Super Mommy
I need everything except sleepers and onsies lol...

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy and anxious to bring him home! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search