Susan's Journal :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mother Goose Story Time LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2013, 06:01 AM
smsturner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
About me -

I'll edit this later, just want it in here first

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

Last edited by smsturner; December 20th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
August 13th, 2013, 06:09 AM
7/1/13 - 3pm - Confirmation of pregnancy, bloodwork, ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday, 7/11/13 at 3pm

First Ultrasound - 7/11/13 3pm

HB - 129 Measuring 6 weeks, 5 days! Official EDD: March 1!!

Last edited by smsturner; December 20th, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
August 14th, 2013, 04:57 AM
First Prenatal appt - 7/22/13 1:45pm
Appt was fantastic! Everything looks wonderful. Did an impromptu ultrasound!

Measuring 8 wks 4 days, Hearbeat was 186. Just under an inch tall! WE SAW HIM/HER MOVE!!

They decided not to move my due date after all, so baby is due on Feb 23.

I never knew until that moment how badly it could hurt to lose something you never really had. - Missed Miscarriage at 10 weeks - 3/26

Last edited by smsturner; December 20th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
August 14th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Had a wicked fall on Wednesday, 08/7/13, down my stairs over my dogs that tripped me.
Had some cramping and spotting, so we went to the ER. I called in a panic and Sean took me in. He was amazing and held my hand and let me cry on him, and told me that he was sure that everything would be ok. Then he let me cry more on him when we saw the heartbeat and some kicking.
All is good in there!! HB 183, measuring right on schedule at 11 wks, 3 days.

ER Ultrasound:

Then my normal OB called and said she wanted to see me too, for a more thorough check and ultrasound.
I went in on Friday, the 9th.
Baby was doing great and kicking and spinning. HB 173. Measuring right on schedule at 11 wks, 5 days.

Creepy ultrasound because he was facing us:

Nuchal scan on Monday, 19th (13 wks). Then next prenatal with ultrasound on Sept 5 at 930 (15.5 weeks). REALLY hoping for a gender from one of them!!

Last edited by smsturner; December 20th, 2013 at 09:17 AM.
August 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM
We had our nuchal scan today at 2! Nervous and excited all at once

We didn't get any results of anything. She said that they really like to have the blood tests together with the measurements to give a full picture, so we'll have to wait 7-10 business days (boo).

But we got great pictures and got to see our little guy. He was kicking and moving, but very cooperative with measurements. Hb was 173, measuring at 13 weeks, and crown to rump length was 6.84 cm - almost 3 whole inches of baby body! We have a great ultrasound tech who is more than willing to gender guess, but from one angle she was thinking girl, but another angle thinking boy and so she said she really just wasn't sure. It was nice of her to try so hard, and I'm hoping in two weeks we'll see for sure
So it wasn't that long, and no results or gender, but it was nice to see the baby.

Profile Pic:

Baby with fingers up to mouth:

Last edited by smsturner; August 20th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
August 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Just got my test results! Very normal! Low risk for downs, trisomy 18, or neural tube defects! Phew!!
September 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
15 Weeks, 3 days!

October 25th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Appt at 15 weeks on Sept 5.
They tried just finding a heartbeat on the doppler, but failed.
I spent the worst 45 mins of my life in the waiting room waiting for an ultrasound to see if my baby was ok.
He was great! And moving and squirming and good.

October 25th, 2013, 06:17 AM
20 week scan!!! October 4th, 2:30pm

Went wonderfully! Everything looks perfect. They didn't get a good pic of the spine, but she said she thinks it's fine, just couldn't see right, so we will have another scan on Nov 4.

AND......

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ultrasound tech said it looks like he's hanging on to something... maybe the cord?? Hmm...wait... no... That's a penis! He's holding his penis. This made us laugh She bopped a few times with the wand and finally he let go and we got a good look. Definitely no doubts about this being a boy!

Last edited by smsturner; October 25th, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
October 25th, 2013, 06:53 AM
And later that night.....

I was having pains in my side and chest and mentioned them to my dr, she said to see my gen dr and to go to the emergency room if they got worse. I was pretty sure I was just being a baby about ligament stretching and gas pains. But it kept getting worse that night, and at one point i ended up flopped on the bed, in amazing pain, crying like an idiot. So I was told I MUST go to the hospital.

I went to the little one down the road, thinking they'd just tell me to go home and suck it up. They ended up doing a couple exams and a couple tests, and putting me immediately into an ambulance to go to the big hospital an hour away. Suspecting appendicitis! This was a surprise!!

I got to Binghamton Wilson hospital, and they checked me into the er, and I saw two surgeons and did more blood tests. The normal thing to do for suspected appendicitis is a cat scan, but they don't do those on pregnant women. So going by just blood counts, that were saying infection, and the exam of poking me (which made me fly through the ceiling almost), they decided I very likely had appendicitis, and told me they wanted to operate immediately.

Of course I was very concerned about the baby. The doctor said that yes, there is a small chance of preterm labor, but it usually is ok. And he said that if i didn't get rid of an infected appendix, and it burst, there was no way to save the baby. This convinced me.

I was on the operating table in the morning and they took out my appendix, which he said was worse than he thought. He said it would have burst in a matter of hours, and we were very lucky we went in to the hospital when we did.

They kept me for observation for two days, and did regular fetal heart checks and to keep an eye to make sure the infection was gone. Then they sent me home to two weeks of bedrest before I could go back to work, along with some percocet, and some super strong antibiotics.
I hate bedrest. It's horribly boring. But everything went ok, and the infection didn't spread, and little baby was just fine!

Here's an ultrasound pic they took just before the surgery.

October 25th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Almost 23 weeks

November 6th, 2013, 01:05 PM
And so we had an appt at 24 weeks to recheck the spine, which was fantastic. All of baby looks wonderful! So happy!

24.5 Weeks

November 19th, 2013, 05:53 AM
26.5 weeks.

December 6th, 2013, 11:29 AM
28.5 Weeks

Did my one hour glucose test two weeks ago, I got results, I got a 143, and they require a 140, so now i have to do the three hour. Over 3 stupid points. So I'm doing that this Saturday.

They did another round of blood work while I was there and everything else was good.

My appt this week was ok. My blood pressure is hovering around 115-125/75-82 and she has announced that is too high. I am 'pre-hypertensive'. I am still down two pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, and she is putting more and more emphasis on me at least needing to gain a few pounds.
Because of my bp and the lack of weight gain, she wants to do a growth scan on him in a couple of weeks, to make sure he is growing as he should be. She made me a little nervous because she seemed all worried about it.
She said that she wants to be careful and watch for signs of pre-e.

Thanksgiving was good, we spend it in Rhode Island, the driving was not that bad, I just got tired easily. So here is my latest belly pic. I feel like I've blown up huge over the last couple weeks!!

December 20th, 2013, 08:31 AM
30.5 weeks!

December 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
31 Weeks and 1 day!

Ultrasound was fantastic. Everything looks great. He's growing alot! 4 lbs. 75% percentile for weight, 76% percentile for height. HB 150bpm. Long little legs and a distinct little face. Definite good growth for the last couple months, despite my nonexistant weight gain.

We actually got a 4D face image too

Then I had my dr appt. I had gained ONE pound lol (i have no idea how. I've been eating enough holiday crap for 8 people). She is pleased because this puts me a pound above prepregnancy weight. I'm not losing, and with the great growth for the baby, she's happy.
My blood pressure is still below the limits she put on it.

So all in all, a fantastic appointment!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search