Second time around

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mother Goose Story Time LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
sarha81's Avatar First-time Mommy to Jake
Dear little precious baby, which grows and rolls inside of me,
You are approximately 23 weeks from entering this world, as long as you aren't stubborn like your brother was and decide to stay put for two extra weeks. Please don't torture me so!
Although I have done this growing-a-human thing once before, it doesn't change how exciting it is to think about holding you in my arms, running my lips over your peach-fuzz head or listening to those first soft dinosaur-type cries.
We were trying for you for about six months and just like your brother, we got pregnant around (possibly even on) our wedding anniversary, with you due just 10 days before your brother's due date. Since it was so hard to conceive for us the first time, I was in disbelief there were two blue lines on the First Response test. But three tests later made it feel real. I wrapped them up and gave them to your dad as an early father's day gift. The news made him tear up and hug me so hard.
Momma was real cranky for awhile at first, and craving Ranch dressing of all things! But, I'm feeling much better now, enjoying these new milestones - you have ears now and can hear me singing to your big brother and your big enough so that your tiny movements feel like twinges just below my belly.
In just three weeks, we'll be having your "pictures taken again" at the doctor's office and I hope you don't flash us and ruin the gender surprise!

Last edited by sarha81; September 3rd, 2013 at 09:17 AM.
September 9th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Almost 18 weeks little one. So exciting! I am feeling you right this moment - big strong movements three inches below my belly button and one inch to the left. Are you head butting me?! This is the most I've ever felt you. I just ate an apple and an hour before that, I had lasagna. Is this your happy dance?
10 days until your next photo session.
I feel great except for seasonal allergies.
Daddy and I are meeting with an architect tonight about the addition! We are gonna build you a neat, cozy living room/play area and a bedroom.
September 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM
19 weeks today and feel pretty good - no sickness just some belly stretching pains. You're the size of a mango. Tomorrow, we get to see you again when we have our anatomy scan, which is all I can think about right now. I'm sure I'll have lots to report. I'm thinking you are a Peter vs. a Lilianna, but I'll be looking for clues during your "close-up".
I feel like I look 30 weeks pregnant, but I also feel like this is all going much more quickly than with your brother. Maybe that's because he keeps us pretty absorbed in his world of toys, the dog, eating, changing diapers and sleep. When he laughs or cries, or I sing to him, I know you can hear us, that you are getting used to our voices. There was a moment with Jake when I sang to him in the hospital when he got fussy and he looked at me as if he knew I was his protector. I cannot wait to have that moment with you too!
September 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM
You, little one, are the cutest baby bean!!! The ultrasound tech described you as looking "fantastic" during your anatomy check-up. I think I was grinning from ear-to-ear the entire 30+ minutes where we got to see your fingers wave and your legs uncross and you swallow. What a miracle you are! You were laying with your head on my right side, legs on the left, butt toward my pelvis and head facing up. The flutters I feel are probably your little hands, which you like up near your face, just like Jake did. I think I am carrying you higher. Your HB was 167, plus I saw no obvious signs you are a boy. I don't know if that means girl or not, but either way, I cannot wait to find out in 20 weeks! I keep imagining that big announcement "IT'S A ___!" which brings a smile to my face.
Your momma got pulled over for speeding to the appointment, I was that excited to see you. And the midwife remembered how the blood pressure machine burst last time we where there (because your did fiddled with it - shhh! don't tell). I got my flu shot (and took a 2-hour nap with Jake that afternoon because of it).
Next up - two 4-week-apart appt where I just get normal vitals taken. Then, at 28 weeks, I get the diabetes test and my roGham shot. That'll be a big one. <3 keep growing, little one.
October 4th, 2013, 08:42 AM
ARGH! Time has completely hit a stand still! I'm 21 weeks + 2 days. Feeling tired - like crawl-into-bed-not-showered-with-not-brushed-teeth-at-7-p.m. TIRED. Your kicks can be felt on the outside of my belly now.
Cravings - cream cheese frosting/carrot cake. Anything with mozz cheese and tom sauce. Something icy and cool at night (like Italian ice).
My stretchy, norm pants officially do not fit - it's maternity clothes from here on out.
October 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Hello little chickpea,
My belly feels so tight and I just feel like I'm going to explode when I eat.
I was in a little accident Friday, hit from behind by a distracted driver, but I could feel your little flutters the whole time so I knew you were OK.
Your brother says you are a girl, when I ask "boy or girl?" but then he says you are a boy if I say "girl or boy?". LOL! At least he is balanced.
22 weeks - you weigh 1 pound. I am **** tired a lot and the urge to redecorate/organize the house is overpowering at times.
October 17th, 2013, 07:08 AM
23 weeks and 1 day old! we're getting there little darling. I'm feeling ... hungry. Cream cheese is my BFF these days.

After a family vaca to Lake Placid this weekend comes Monday's prenatal checkup.

You are a mover! constantly shifting, spinning, kicking, flipping, twirling! I can feel your body parts, but I don't have a clue of what is what. Does this mean you are going to be my super active wild child???
October 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Dear punkin,
We got to hear your heart beating today. Sounded great. Mama is feeling like she is strrrrrrretcccccching. Lots and lots of charlie horse type cramps along my abdominal area.
This weekend was our trip to Lake Placid, which was truly wonderful. You have been to the top of Mt. Jo! altho you couldn't appreciate the view like we could. I was afraid all that hiking might put me into labor at the top, but luckily I think you slept through the climb.
I felt very "full" during most meals during the trip. You are definitely squishing my organs now. And I slept horribly the first night, partly because you decided to throw a tap-dancing party from 9-1 a.m.
That seems to be your nightly routine - dancing from 10-11, twirling from 11-midnight, gymnastics from 12 - 6 a.m.
At 27 weeks, we're going to go to the hospital to "check in" and do the sugar test. At 28 weeks, we get an ultrasound, yay!
November 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM
New developments - first minor back pains. Hoping to setup my prenatal massage appointment soon. Sitting at my desk is uncomfortable.
My belly rubs on my thighs.
I feel like my skin is made of wool and was shrunk in a dryer. I have no more room to grow and 12 weeks to go. I can't tell if I'm getting new stretch marks since Jake damaged me pretty good anyway.
My face has broken out. My nails are not pretty and my hair is gross. Not sure that pregnancy glow applies to me.
I get horrible cramps in my abdominal muscles a couple times a day.
The braxton hicks I've had since very early on continue but aren't bothersome.
I have some pressure in the pelvic region now. But, I also feel the baby's body parts way up high - 4 inches or so above my naval.
The baby is still very active. I rarely don't feel some thump or bump or body part pressed against my womb.
I am starting to waddle a bit.
Jake caught coxsackie virus, poor thing, and now I could get it. Fun fun!
Looking forward to my week vacation which starts Tuesday. Lots of organizing to do.
December 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
10 weeks to go sugarplum!

I stick way out and the comments are, "any day now, eh?" Actually, no, not any day now. Sometimes I lie and tell people I have less weeks left or say I'm due at the end of January. I feel so judged.
Last night before falling asleep, I watched you reshape my belly into the oddest forms for a good 20 minutes. Dad said you were Irish Jigging in there. You must be getting big and you sure are using all the space you have in there. I could feel flutters way low at the same time as massive kicks by my rib cage.
I don't really have aches and pains with you but I'm not comfortable and I don't feel cute. I do get terrible, god awful horrific belly-blowing-out cramps daily. Why? Why? WHY?
At the 3D scan, I think you resembled Jake except your nose is a little broader and your lips may be a little fuller. You cooperated a lot more than he did, so the pics turned out great and I'm in love with your little face already.
I call you a boy and often say "our sons" to your dad, just going on a gut feeling and the fact that your features looks masculine in the ultrasound. I still feel like it would be awesome for Jake to have a best buddy or super cool to have a little girl to shop for and cuddle.
Dad and I so busy getting ready for christmas and SUV shopping and organizing the house that time is going by a little faster. Dad's birthday is tomorrow - he is going to be 36! Next year, you'll help us celebrate 37!
I can't wait for the holidays but I also just want it to be January already, so your due date doesn't feel so far away. I guess if I went two weeks early, it's just around the bend, but I won't DARE think that way and spend the days post-due-date in agony.

Last edited by sarha81; December 4th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
December 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hey there beau-bear,
I hope all is well with you. mommy (30+ weeks) is having major stomach tightening constantly and I just hope that you aren't deciding that you are done being a cave baby. Trust me, you should stay put and give mommy more time to bake you and get ready for you. We're looking forward to your February arrival, when we get to snuggle you at the hospital 24/7 and take you home quickly after birth to bond and be spoiled by millions of kisses.

Last edited by sarha81; December 16th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
December 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Twinkle toes,
Mom is back to normal (32 weeks!), just needed to catch up on my sleep is all. The contractions have slowed to a few a day, although some are so incredibly tight and uncomfortable. What a tease these early labor pains are!
I'm also feeling better about my pregnancy bump. I feel like I look more normal for how far along I am, so I must be slowing down a bit in weight gain. My appetite is less, thank goodness.
You, like Jake, hang out all day on my left side, occasionally rolling to the middle. I feel so weightless on my right side.
So far, this has been a pretty easy ride, Peter or Lilianna. Two months left until dad and I have another baby in our house, in our arms.
I still have no real pain complaints. My back is barely achy from sitting all day. I am still pretty active (yoga tonight).

Last edited by sarha81; December 16th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
January 3rd, 2014, 11:50 AM
(34 wk+2 days)
Hi Lia-pie or Petey-pumpkin,
Time is ticking down ever so slowly but progress is being made. There are a few things this month I am looking forward to: your great grandpa turns 90 next weekend and we're going to a party with all your second and third cousins.
I have a prenatal massage at the end of the month and my last pampering haircut before you come. Plus a lot of doctor appointments. After Tuesday, we go to the OB for weekly checkups.
But mostly, I'm going to be home awaiting your arrival, and taking it easy, spending time with Jake.
My to-do list grows ever so huge. I hope to spend each weekend creating freezer Crockpot meals.
This weekend, I'll go through the baby clothes and hang all the gender neutral stuff in the closet. And maybe stock up on some size 1 diapers. We have your nursery to finish, but first Jake has to get used to his big boy bed before I put up the crib.
There's our hospital bag to pack.
You feel enormous in my belly. My ticker says you are a butternut squash but when you move, you don't feel round or curvy.
Last week, I started having trouble sleeping through the night. I roll over and I get horrible round ligament pains in my lower belly that make me cry out.
A lot of food is causing heartburn.
I do feel that bowling ball feeling. And I'm praying that you are a 38-39 week baby. Not sure what I'll do if I'm late. I'm just carrying so big this time. Even my prenatal pants are tight.
January 17th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Oh boy oh boy! (or girl)
You're nearly 37 weeks in the womb little man or little lady, with the hiccups to boot as I type this.
At my 36 week checkup, the doctor guessed you were about 6 1/2 lbs, and said you'd gain about a 1/2 lb per week. We talked about all the scary stuff - what happens if you are late (which you won't dare be, right?), what happens if you are the world's biggest baby, what happens if you get stuck... In the next few weeks, I will have to decide what is the safest and best way to bring you into the world - not like that's a big decision or anything (geeeees).
You are head down with your back/butt on my left side and feet on my right. You've been that way forever, it seems. I feel your little fingers wiggle near my csection scar, so you must be facing out, toward my belly button.
You've dropped even further in the last week, although my cervix is far back and only finger tipped dilated.
I feel these giant movements at night and large hard spots on my belly - knees, butt, feet or your back. I wonder if you feel me cup these spots and rub them?
You are still very active. I don't bother to do kick counts. You make your presence known often.
I still think you are a little boy, but dad of late says you are a girl.
I haven't had food cravings and my hunger is normal.
I'm up to 172 lbs right now and hope to stay there these next few weeks. Everyone likes to tell me they don't remember me being "this big" with my first pregnancy (when I actually weighed closer to 180 lbs).
I think about you constantly, what labor will be like, when you might arrive, what those first few weeks will be like.
In five days, I get to see you again during my (hopefully) last ultrasound. I can't wait!
January 27th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Almost 38 weeks, peter the great or lili lady.
You've been quieter in there these past few days. No more room?
At my 37 week growth scan, you measured to be 7 lbs 3 ounces and in the 65 percentile. They said babies in the 80th-90th percentile are considered "big babies," and guessed you'd be about 8lbs 9 ounces. That's not too scary. I like my babies with a little meat on their bones. More to kiss!
I can find your butt and back and pat/rub it and I love finding your little foot now that you've stopped kicking me in my liver.
Your due date is 16 days away. That's so close lil' one. We are ready for you. The doc said he wouldn't let you incubate past 41 weeks. I'd have to schedule a c-section since the place doesn't induce a VBAC. I don't think they have a good reason not to let me go past 41 weeks, so I think if it comes to it, I will have to fight the doctor/s. Hope not :-(
Grandma called today and said she was going to shop for you at "BUY BUY BIRDIE" She meant "BUY BUY BABY" the baby retailer. HAHA. Suzy said this weekend not knowing your sex is driving her crazy because she sees so many cute outfits. Daddy took a long slumber on the couch Sunday while I scrubbed the kitchen floor and went for a long walk with the dog. Dad is storing up his ZZZZzzzzs. I married a smart guy.
I often imagine what you look like. I think another blonde baby - with peach fuzz to run my lips over. Really adorable puckered lips. Lots of fat rolls and chubby cheeks. Dad thinks your ultrasound looks even more like me than Jake's, who everyone said looked like my twin after his first 3D ultrasound.
Well, enjoy your stay in there, but do make sure you come meet us soon.

Last edited by sarha81; January 27th, 2014 at 04:36 PM.
April 22nd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Anna Banana, You are the biggest joy in my day. You are 10 weeks old and such a beautiful, happy little baby. When we did your maternity photos, we captured you first smile at a mere few days old, and so it shouldn't surprise me that you love to show off your stinking cute smiles all day long. All I have to do is give you a little lift of my lips and you answer right back with the happiest face.

At 5 weeks, your smiles showed up, mostly in the morning. At 6 weeks, you were smiling a few times a day. By 8-9 weeks, you were full of smiles and cooing noises to go along with that.

At 9 ish weeks, you started exploring with your hands, which are now mostly clenched in fists. You like to munch your fingers. You want to see everything, the tv, the book I'm reading to Jake.

Well, you're crying so that's it for now. Can't wait to tell you more about how in love I am with you.

When you were born, you developed this 2-3 hr nasty witching aka purple crying period, where you could not be soothed. It took 3-4 weeks before mommy realized you want to be talked to, touched - but not held - and interacted with. I broke out the mirror and all the baby toys super early, and viola, that was it. Witching hour cured!

And you even began sleeping through the night around 7 ish weeks! 9-5 a.m. or 10-6 a.m. What a blessing you are! Mommy doesn't nap during the day, but instead has been doing loads of laundry from all your spit up. Yes, you are a spitter of all the yummy breastmilk I give you. You have almost never fallen asleep at my breast. You eat and eat and eat, then you spit it up down my back, hair, on your chest, on the couch or bed. So much spit up! Ga! hehehe. Mama has to cut you off so you don't get too full, and you HATE that. You scream like you haven't eaten since birth, but it's quick to pass, and it's helping cut down on our laundry detergent and water bills, haha.

You are so different from your brother. You will tolerate your swing for a short period then you cry. You will sit in your vibrating chair and watch me make breakfast, but you don't fall alseep. The Pack N Play bassinet, where Jake spent many many hours, doesn't soothe you. Rocking chair is just OK. Your PLACE is the BECO baby carrier snuggled on my chest. or you love your co-sleep with the white noise on. And the car - you love the car, whereas Jake always cried in the car on 30-minute trips.

I stare at you and think, I HAVE A GIRL! A little girl!! And I don't know how life gets better than having two wonderful beautiful children.

Last edited by sarha81; April 23rd, 2014 at 11:10 AM.
May 9th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Anna,You're in your deep sleep for the night, which starts around 9 and lasts until about 4 a.m., when you get hungry. Dad is reading next to me.
The big news is YOU STARTED "school" aka daycare this week, as mama is back to work. It was hard to leave you, my precious little girl, in someone else's care, and to be fed by icky bottles, not at my breast. My arms feel so empty while I'm at work. I'm so used to having you in them all day. School says you are doing great and that EVERYONE loves to see your smiles. One of the teachers told me today, "You have the happiest baby." I wish I got to look at your smiles and hear your giggles. Daddy just found your tickle spot the other day and boy was that awesome! you got the biggest grin and make the cutest joyful noise when he tickled you.
Your not spitting up as much. I've been really good about not eating dairy but MAN is this hard. It's getting warm and I have to watch Jake eat his ice cream without partaking in the yummy fun. Daycare is using some pumped breastmilk from before I knew about your sensitivity and your diapers are green and mucous-y. I really hope you outgrow this.
Good night love.
June 1st, 2014, 07:54 PM
some how this posted wrong - so it's an old addition

38 week checkup
Best news so far this pregnancy maybe - I'm 3 CM dilated and 80% effaced as of Thursday's 38w+1d checkup.

My midwife seems to think you are posterior - big surprise (not!) and wants daddy and I to work on turning you. (Weird the other OBs told me that was all phooey because you'd turn during labor anyway).

We are trying the Rebozo technique, which involves a towel and belly jiggling. We had such a laugh last night trying this because it feels really odd. Did you feel like you were being tossed around into my body parts???

So, we continue to wait for you and we are being patient. I know ultimately you get to decide your bday. Jake decided to stay put, and it's funny, because he's like that today. If he doesn't want to do something, good luck! LOL.

June 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM
oh precious baby girl,we baptized you today, on the anniversary of the day I found out I was pregnant. I remember feeling like I might be, but not really expecting to see two pink lines on the test, and how excited I was when I realized it was positive.
Today was such a special day. Your grandma came and rocked you to sleep for your nap, while we set up the party, for 60+ people! We put you in your little white gown, that your daddy and uncle wore, made by your great aunt joann, and we had a great ceremony, with a cheerful priest. You were wide-eyed and smiley, and you grabbed his shawl when he blessed you with it. You managed to christen the altar as well, with a bit of your spit up.
after church, we held a big bbq in our yard under a giant tent, and all your family came, and friends. I put you in your purple sleeveless party dress with matching bloomers. Everyone was dying to hold you, and you were a very good girl. Grandma and aunt nancy even gave you a bottle while mommy got everyone fed. Uncle Cliff didn't want to stop cuddling you and you fell asleep in your cousin Suzy's arms and your Great great aunt Loretta's. But there was one moment, no one could settle you, and I was missing you so much too. I cuddled you against my chest and we both melted into each other, and you were totally quiet the same moment I felt completely calm and content. My little girl. After everyone left, I put you and Jakey in the tub together and let you play, and then you started munching on your toes, while we all watched Clifford the Big Red Dog in mommy's bed.

At 3.5 weeks, you love to grab your feet and eat your toes. You loves to pull up into a sitting position if I hold your arms. You will put weight in your legs to stand. we just tried you in your jumper/exersaucer, and it was a hit. At 3 weeks, you rolled from tummy to back, and you will go from back to your side. You hold you head up perfect when you are in my arms. Everyone says, "You have strong genes" to me. I guess that means you and I look alike. Grandma says it's like watching me grow up again. <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search