Cutenurse24 and Melaniek85

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Row, Row, Row your Buddies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Hi DDB! Hope you don't mind I started us a thread here. Not sure where to start, so I'll just post a little about myself. I'm Melanie, 28 and married to John, 32. We live in Md, outside of Baltimore. We got married in April 2012 but just had our big wedding in May. We actually got pregnant on the honeymoon lol. We have a 9 month old little boy named Francis Alexander (we call him Frankie). We are expecting another little boy, we are naming him Ronin. My edd is 2/15 but I'll be having a repeat c section.

I'm currently a stay at home mom. I worked as an LPN for 7 years and worked as a massage therapist for about a year and then quit when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with Frankie and haven't gone back. I plan to go back to work one day a week after Ronin is born.

What about you?

September 6th, 2013, 08:46 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to pop in, but I'm being nosey. I noticed you live outside Baltimore...my family may be moving to Gaithersburg in November. In fact, at this point, it seems pretty likely. Won't know for sure until October 1st...
Anyhow, play dates for sure if we do move there!!!!

September 7th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ade* View Post
Sorry to pop in, but I'm being nosey. I noticed you live outside Baltimore...my family may be moving to Gaithersburg in November. In fact, at this point, it seems pretty likely. Won't know for sure until October 1st...
Anyhow, play dates for sure if we do move there!!!!
Awesome! Let me know. I think Gaithersburg is about an hour from us, so not got far. We will definitely need to do play dates, since we will have two that are close in age.

September 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, from what I understand, it is about an hour

September 9th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Melanie!!!

Hey DDB!!! Sorry it has been a long weekend for me. I worked Thursday and Friday night and it took me all day Saturday to recover. Then had church and Bible study on Sunday. So today is the first day I can write to you.

I am happy that you started us a thread. It is very nice to meet you. I am so excited that you are my DDB. Congrats on expecting another son.

I am Sarah (30) and married to RJ (29). We got married in October 2008 (we had known each other for 6yrs and got married when I was 20wks preggo). We have a sweet son Russell(4). Russell's birthday is February 19th and this baby is due February 25th, so Russell should be 5 by the time baby is born. So we might end up with both of our kiddos having February birthdays. I am really hoping and praying for a VBAC. I had a disastrous c-section delivery with Russell and really hoping and praying not to repeat that.

I am currently an RN. I work nights in the CVICU, I am what they call specialty pool. I am the first to get floated to another ICU and the first to be cancelled when we have low census in the unit. I love the flexibility with my job because I can work as little or as much as I want. I usually work like 2 days a week. My schedule really revolves around my husband's schedule. I only work on his 4 day off from work. My husband is a firefighter/paramedic for a large city in TN. He works 24 hrs on, 24hrs off, 24hrs on, 24hrs off, 24hrs on, and then 4 days off. He also works part-time at a private ambulance company a day or two a week. I plan after having this baby of cutting my hours back to only working 1 day a week. I just can't see myself being able to do more than that while trying to handle a 5 yr old that we are homeschooling and a baby.

Since we don't know what we are having, we have picked out names for a boy: Matthew Josiah and for a girl: Charlotte Jane. Not sure if we are going to be done after this baby or not. A lot really depends on this baby is after they are born, if I have another colicky baby like our son then I will definitely be done. As much as I love being pregnant and holding a baby, our colicky son was almost too much to handle.

September 10th, 2013, 08:04 AM
I hope you get your VBAC! I wish I could try for one but where I go requires you to be 18 months between births and I'll only be 14 months. We had planned to ttc starting this month because I wanted a summer baby and to try a VBAC but it didn't work out that way. I'm trying to Be ok with a c section, my c section with Frankie went really well and was a pretty easy recovery.

I didn't really say much about my dh in the first post. He'll be 33 next month. We met online in April 2011, got engaged Dec 2011, decided to ttc Feb 2012, got pregnant right away, had a secret courthouse wedding in April 2012. I was also pregnant when we got married but only about 8 weeks along. He is lead software engineer for a start up. His job is really nice because he works from home and has a lot of flexibility. So he was able to go to all my appointments with Frankie and he can watch Frankie when I go to appointments (we tried taking Frankie with us but he is wild).

We want to have 3 to 4 kids. So we are not done yet but will be waiting a few years before we start ttc #3. I was never told that Frankie was colicky but he did cry for several hours a day, everyday, for the first 3-4 months. I was convinced I had the most miserable, unhappy newborn ever. Lol. I was worried he'd never be happy. Now he's super hyper, active and the happiest baby I've ever see . Those first few months were rough, and I really hope it's not the same with this little boy.

I love the names you have picked out! Very nice! Do you have any gut feeling on the sex? That's going to be so exciting to wait till the Birth to find out the sex. I wish I had the patience to wait.

September 13th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad that your hubs has so much flexibility with his job. So nice that he is able to watch Frankie for you while you go to your appts. I went into my relationship with DH pretty sure I wanted 4 kids. Then we had our colicky son and I quickly changed my mind to 3 kids. But if this baby is at all like his big brother then I might be done at two. (I do plan though after baby is born to get baby adjusted by our chiro, that was the best thing I ever did for DS. That helped him so much and I wish I would have done it sooner instead of waiting several months.) Who knows, just trying to play that by ear. I do know though that I want to be done having kids by the time I am 35. I will be 31 when the baby is born.

I am very excited that I got to hear the HB today at my appt. It was so amazing and so fast. Little peanut was very active after my OB chased them around my belly with the doppler. DS went to the appt with me and he thought that was pretty cool. He is starting to pick up that there is a baby in my tummy. He doesn't understand why my tummy isn't very big yet though. He had been so sweet today and kept patting my belly. I think he is slowly coming around to the idea of having baby in the house.

I really don't have a gut feeling one way or another. I didn't really have a feeling about sex of the baby til I was further along like end of second trimester/ beginning of third trimester. Part of me is back and forth on the fence about finding out but I think the other part of me will just hold out like last time. I don't get another ultrasound until I am already 22 wks. I figure by then I will already be halfway done with my pregnancy what is another 18-20wks to wait.

September 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Aww. Your son sounds so sweet. That's really cute! I was told at my last appointment that this little guy is pretty active, the ob also had to chase him around with the Doppler.

I guess I should correct and say DH wants 3-4 kids lol. I wanted 4 at first, I was actually the one that changed his mind from wanting 2 to wanting 4. Now I really want to see how it goes with 2 and then decide. I'm sure we will end up with 3 or 4 though.

Are you feeling any movement yet? I've been feeling some pushes and movement the last few days but I thought I'd be feeling more by now.

Yeah, if you can make it that far without finding out, what's another 18 or so weeks! Lol. Just think of how awesome that moment will be at the birth when you find out. If/when we have a 3rd, I think I'll be team green.

September 19th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our son is pretty sweet and sensitive. I am really looking forward to making him a big brother. He is getting pretty excited about there being a baby in my belly. I feel bad though because there is such an age gap between them. We had originally thought about trying for our second after our son was about two yrs old. Then shortly after we started trying we had to stop because our world came crashing down when hubs was diagnosed with testicular cancer. So a better part of 2011 we spent going through surgeries and chemo to get hubs cancer free. But once we were told it was ok to start trying, we jumped on the chance.

I am not really feeling movement on the outside of my belly when I am resting my hands on my belly. But I have noticed a lot of activity since my doctor's appt. I am feeling little peanut move around a lot after I eat or drink something with caffeine in it. It is reassuring to be able to feel that now.

I am so excited that you are having a boy. I am really hoping for another boy but will be just as happy to have a girl. Just not sure I can handle all the drama that comes with a girl. Deep down I hope for a girl because I really want to pass my grandma's name on to our daughter.

So what are some things you have been craving this pregnancy??How did you come up with the names for your sons??

September 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Sounds like he will be a great big brother. I think there are benefits to having a bigger age gap between kids. An older child that can understand, be excited about being a big sibling, help take care of the baby a little..I think it would be nice. I feel bad about having these two so close sometimes, Frankie is a mamas boy and obviously doesn't understand, I'm worried about how he'll handle it. I'm sure in 5 years or so, it will be great and they will hopefully have a close bond.

Glad your husband is doing well now! That had to be so scary.

I was feeling movement and then the last two days..nothing. Of course I worried and used my Doppler today, found him right away. While I'm using it he gave a pretty good kick, I bet I could have felt it on the outside. I cannot wait till I feel consistent movement.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy I'm having a boy. I really wanted another boy. A small part of me hoped it was a girl but like you, I'm afraid of the drama that goes with raising a girl. I was not about drama as a teen (or ever) and I'm not very girly, so I think I make a better boy mom.

I haven't had many cravings. Well no cravings that I have all the time, just random ones that go away after I satisfy it. Earlier this week I had to have spicy chex mix and I did and now I have no desire to eat it again. I went through a pickle craving for about two weeks. That's about it. What about you?

My ds is Francis Alexander. I picked the name Francis when I was in high school as my future sons name. I loved the nickname Frankie and frank. The name is actually after Frank Sinatra. Dh also loved my pick, yay! Alexander was what dh wanted as a first name but I knew too many Alexander's, so we decided on it as a first time. Dh got to pick this baby's first name, since Francis was my pick. He went with Ronin after an anime cartoon or something. It means little seal in Gaelic (which I love) and samurai without a master in Japanese (which dh loves and thinks is so cool lol). I really love the name, even though we've gotten weird looks about it. I love the name Avery, it's one of my favorite boy names but has become a popular name for girls, so I don't want to use it as a first name, so it's his middle name. My girl name pick is also after my grandmothers! So your girl name is after your grandmother, how did you come up with your boy names?

Have you been sending me chat messages? I keep seeing a notification that you sent me a message on chat but when I click it, there's nothing there. I also try to send a message but the chats not working right on my phone. So if you are, I just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring it.

Sounds like he will be a great big brother. I think there are benefits to having a bigger age gap between kids. An older child that can understand, be excited about being a big sibling, help take care of the baby a little..I think it would be nice. I feel bad about having these two so close sometimes, Frankie is a mamas boy and obviously doesn't understand, I'm worried about how he'll handle it. I'm sure in 5 years or so, it will be great and they will hopefully have a close bond.

Glad tour husband is doing well now! That had to be so scary.

I was feeling movement and then the last two days..nothing. Of course I worried and used my Doppler today, found him right away. While I'm using it he gave a pretty good kick, I bet I could have felt it on the outside. I cannot wait till I feel consistent movement.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy I'm having a boy. I really wanted another boy. A small part of me hoped it was a girl but like you, I'm afraid of the drama that goes with raising a girl. I was not about drama as a teen (or ever) and I'm not very girly, so I think I make a better boy mom.

I haven't had many cravings. Well no cravings that I have all the time, just random ones that go away after I satisfy it. Earlier this week I had to have spicy chex mix and I did and now I have no desire to eat it again. I went through a pickle craving for about two weeks. That's about it. What about you?

My ds is Francis Alexander. I picked the name Francis when I was in high school as my future sons name. I loved the nickname Frankie and frank. The name is actually after Frank Sinatra. Dh also loved my pick, yay! Alexander was what dh wanted as a first name but I knew too many Alexander's, so we decided on it as a first time. Dh got to pick this baby's first name, since Francis was my pick. He went with Ronin after an anime cartoon or something. It means little seal in Gaelic (which I love) and samurai without a master in Japanese (which dh loves and thinks is so cool lol). I really love the name, even though we've gotten weird looks about it. I love the name Avery, it's one of my favorite boy names but has become a popular name for girls, so I don't want to use it as a first name, so it's his middle name. My girl name pick is also after my grandmothers! So your girl name is after your grandmother, how did you come up with your boy names?

Have you been sending me chat messages? I keep seeing a notification that you sent me a message on chat but when I click it, there's nothing there. I also try to send a message but the chats not working right on my phone. So if you are, I just wanted to let you know I'm not ignoring it.

September 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Russell is definitely a momma boy until daddy walks in the house after getting off shift and then he wants daddy. But at night he will still want mommy to help him with his shower, read his Bible with him, cuddle with him, and then put him to bed. I really hope he will be a good big brother, he seems to be more excited about it now.

It was pretty scary with what happened to hubs. I am not an oncology nurse at all and I very quickly had to become well versed in that. This is our last year of being followed up on every 4mos, I think next year he will move to check ups every 6mos. We will do 6 mos checks for the next two years and then just see the oncologist once a year. I can't wait to see the oncologist less.

That is cool that you got to hear your little guy with your own doppler. Even cooler still that you got to hear him kick. I agree with you. I can't wait until I feel consistent movement.

I really want another boy so we can use more of the clothes that we didn't really use the first time. It is crazy how many outfits that our son maybe worn once or not at all. I am not very girly girly, I don't wear make up and prefer hanging out in some of hubs oversized t-shirts and sweats.

I am still wanting spicy food pretty frequently. I would be happy if I had mexican all the time. I am also in love with making my own pb banana milkshakes, so delicious!!! While this isn't a craving but I have totally been into baking all the time. I have to bake something at least once a week whether it is cookies, sweet bread, or muffins.

I love the names ya'll picked for your sons!!! We came up with our son's name to just pass along the family name. I had promised that if we had a son we would pass on his family name, so our son is Russell Joseph IV. Now as for the name for a boy this time around, I went through a list of boys names that I have written down. I started to look them up in my baby naming book and really loved what Matthew Josiah means. Charlotte was my grandma's name and Jane is actually a family middle name (my mom and I both have Jane as our middle name).

I have been sending you chat messages. I have problems with it working right some times too,so I don't think you are ignoring me at all.

Any big plans for the weekend??

September 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
I love the names you have picked! Very nice, classic names. I can't wait till feb to see what you have!

We really don't have much planned for this weekend. Today dh finished putting new shelves and clothes bar in the new baby's closet. I then cleaned up the room and put stuff away. I'm currently washing all Frankie's old clothes, so I can hang them up. I didn't realize how much clothes I have! I won't have to buy him much of his own. Like you, I have so much stuff that he wore once or not at all. We also worked on finishing up the housework that I didn't get to this week. Oh and I went shopping for and found maternity clothes. I got 3 new shirts for a pretty good price. Tomorrow we have nothing planned, probably just relax. How about you?

So when's your next ultrasound?
I have one on Oct 7th, the anatomy scan and it feels like its taking forever to get here. I can't wait to see him again and make sure he's still a boy. I just have this worry that I'm going to go and they are going to say, it's actually a girl...even though he was very obviously a boy lol.

I think I'm going to take some time away from the board for a little, not long. I'll try to check in this sub forum. I'll be on Facebook and checking the Facebook still.

October 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey DDB!!!

How are you doing today?? The weather clear up at all for ya'll?? It has been very wet and cold here the past couple of days. Since it is chilly here, I have been baking like crazy, I made 2 loaves of amish cinnamon bread and a pan of buttermilk coffee cake. I am going to make some banana bread both a loaf and muffins too and I am dying to try out this recipe for lemon loaf. Tonight I think we are going to have chili for dinner because that just sounds good to me. DS will probably want chicken fingers because chili is not his favorite thing in the whole world. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Hope you are having a great day and a great week.

October 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hey!!! I just saw this! I've been pretty good. My anatomy scan went well, he's still for sure a boy lol. Everything looks good with him but the plancenta is pretty close to ny cervix. I'm not sure how close, I guess I'll ask about it at nu new appointment. Even though the receptionist upset me, I'm still going to send my records to the mw, even though the plancenta might be an issue. It's not going to hurt to ask and meet her.

I saw your ultrasound pics! Baby looks so cute. I have a guess of your baby's sex lol, just a feeling but I'll wait till closer to Feb. Did you get any feelings on sex after seeing baby? I can't till Feb to see what baby is.

The weather here has been chilly jacket weather. I love it! Finally feels like fall. The cooler weather makes me want to bake too, but I'm trying so hard to keeo my weight down. I am craving pumpkin bread and homemade chocolate chips cookies though. Lol.

How are you feeling?

October 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Update: I spoke with the midwife and had her review my OR records from my c section. She said I'm good to try for a vbac. I want to make sure the placenta is in an ok position before I decide to switch. Now that I know I can try, I'm so nervous but excited.

October 25th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Woo hoo!!! I am so excited for you!!! I am really hoping that you get your vbac!!! I am so glad that you made an appt with the midwife.

I am definitely enjoying this cooler weather. It is making it much easier for me to take the kiddo and dog out for walks. I am trying so hard to get out every day that I don't work to take a walk and walk at least a mile. I am definitely enjoying the weather as it makes me want to bake more. Of course my hubs and the guys on the fire dept don't seem to mind that I am feeling pretty good still having some days where I just crave a short nap in the afternoon but feeling great otherwise.

I am so glad that you liked the ultrasound pics. Our peanut is so cute and I really feel like that appt made it much more real to me. I know that sounds crazy but I am finally realizing that this is happening. I am really excited now. Still really not having an inkling one way or another after the ultrasound. Hubs and DS both insist on calling peanut a boy/son. I just want a healthy baby. I would really love to use my grandma's name so I am kinda hoping for a girl even tho I am pretty sure I don't know how I would handle more hormones in the house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search