Help, Scared, Nervous (Preg Mentioned)

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2009, 05:11 AM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies-

Okay... So you all know my story. Lost Alyssa December 1st, Doc told me to wait 6 months... 6 months would be June 1st. I had surgery on March 27th, was taking Vicoden and Motrin for the pain, but stopped taking a week after the surgery bc I felt fine.

I haven't had a period since the end of January. When I called the doctor they told me that it is normal to have irregular periods after a full term pregnancy. Okay...

I took a Preg test on March 1st just bc I had it. BFN which was okay...what I was hoping for bc I wasn't supposed to be pregnant.

DH and I ususally use a condom or pull out BUT on both March 18th and March 22nd (yes I keep track of this stuff on my phone in an application) we had unprotected sex and we did not pull out or anything.... Okay...So on March 27th I had surgery, Docs did a pregnancy test just to be sure before the surgery. BFN...which again was what I expected.

Fastforward to yesterday, I was gagging when I was brushing my teeth and I felt dizzy at work. Decided to take a preg test today since I had one and.....BFP.

I am feeling an array of emotions. I realize oh no...im not ready. its only been 3 months and the doc told me to wait 6...she wanted me to wait 18 at first! I took those pain meds and have been doing everything wrong. I don't drink alcohol or smoke or anyhting and I have been taking my prenatals just bc they are good and was getting ready for when June comes around. I am soooo scared and nervous.

I am going to call the doc on Monday...I don't know if they will see me this early when I am only a month along but I will see...part of me is even scared to go to the doc bc she told me to wait....ugh.

But another part of me is SOOO excited!

So...That is whats going on with me. Its crazy....
April 11th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Congratulations!! Don't worry, plenty of women don't wait the time frame after a pregnancy. It is better to give your body a rest, but the baby will be fine, and I am sure you will to.

I would think the doctor would see you for confirmation. I am not sure when pregnancies are usually followed since I am high risk and am followed closely right from he beginning. Also if you are ever feeling anxious, mention it, after your first pregnancy you have the right to feel a bit paranoid, and a lot of doctors will be overcautious to ease that.
April 11th, 2009, 06:56 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
omg jen wow a bfp! erm if i were u id be ecstatic it were obviously meant to be!

im thrilled for u hun

April 11th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Jen, YAY!! I'm excited for you!! You know, like Jenny said, a lot of women do everything wrong before they find out they're pregnant and end up with healthy babies. Don't worry about your doctor either. Yes, she told you to wait, but guess what? You're pregnant and and you don't want to change that fact.

Now go join PAL!

April 11th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks ladies!!! I am very excited but nervous too!!! I will call the doc on monday. I'm still in shock. On my way to visit my friend now. Ill have an update on how that goes tonight.
April 11th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Good luck honey! for both you and your friend. It'll be hard for her too. After all, she is probably also grieving for Alyssa, and feels guilty that she has a baby and you don't.

April 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
omg Jen!
Congratulations

your doctor told you to wait for your body to recover and you to recover but your body told you I am ready!!! congrats!

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
April 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so happy for you, Jen! I know it's scary, but I have been pregnant twice since I lost Eva and it hasn't been a year yet.

April 11th, 2009, 09:03 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww...congratulations! I know it must seem super scary. When I had a miscarriage the doctor told us to wait 3 months but we got pregnant the next month (with Roald). The doctor was slightly ******, but really I think she was trying bot to seem that way to lessen my stress. No matter how the doctor acts, these kinds of things happen all the time, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 11th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Jen! Don't worry too much over not doing everything 'right' before you got pregnant, a lot of our mom's probably did a lot of things that are now considered wrong and we are here. I hope you have fin this weekend and take time out if you need it! And kup about your doctor's visit.
April 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Congratulations!! One thing I have learned with doctors is that they tend to be very conservative because they fear malpractice suits. So 6 months was probably a very conservative recommendation. My SIL had a late miscarriage in November and was told to wait at least two months before trying again. She had other ideas and got pregnant 3-4 weeks after the miscarriage. She's nearly 6 months along and doing great. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 11th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks again everyone! I am going to go see my family doctor tomorrow and get a blood test just in case before I call the doctor that told me to wait... I will keep you informed!
April 17th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Proud Momma
Wow Jen!!! Congrats!
April 17th, 2009, 06:04 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Congrats!! I'm sure everything will be fine. KUP!

April 17th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Regular
Congratulations!! That is great news. I think that doctors tell us to wait to make sure that our bodies are ready...and yes, they are very conservative. Your body was ready so I wouldn't worry about the doctor too much.

April 17th, 2009, 09:56 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, sweetie! Congrats !!! I'm thrilled for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search