Talking to people that don't know

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
So I have a friend that has been over in Italy since October...she got back about 2 weeks ago. Last night she called wanting to know how my little girl was. She had no idea since she has been out of the loop and she is someone I met in college so doesn't know my family and stuff so she had no way to know...

It was sooo hard telling her. She of course felt horrible and then I felt bad because she felt bad. I was just a mess when I got done talking to her.

I wish there was a way to just let everyone know...I am not a fan of when stuff like this sneaks back up on me...it brings me right back to that day in the hospital when I found out..

Ugh...I am glad its Sunday...I need a lazy day on the couch.
April 12th, 2009, 12:07 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that is the worst, I am sorry... I know how emotionally draining it can be. Even now, over a year later, it still feels like this huge pit when I have to tell someone the bad news.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
It was a really long time before I stopped getting people asking about Cora. It's so hard. I too wished there was a way to just let everyone know.

I hope you're feeling okay today.

April 13th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry It was so hard having people aske about him afterward. I'm sorry!
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

Check out my blog at
http://davealy.blogspot.com

April 13th, 2009, 07:22 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not had the misfortune of having this really happen (yet). Pretty much everyone who knew we were expecting him found out he was gone within a week or so. There IS a neighbor lady who used to babysit my husband who had recently talked to us before I had Roald. She kept seeing us and seeing us, avoiding us after a couple months because I think she put two and two together when I wasn't getting any bigger and I was smoking a cigarette on the porch the other month. Now she just flat-out avoids us.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search