At least bill me correctly

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
We've been getting bills here and there for the various OB services I received over the course of my complicated pregnancy. Though I've gotten bills for my emergency D&C, which occurred a week after I delivered Ethan, we had yet to get one for the delivery itself. Until yesterday. It was the bill for the anesthesiologist's services (I had an epidural). While I'm happy that it looks like the insurance will cover it, I'm pissed that the billing department for describing it wrong. It said the services were for "induced abortion by dilation and evacuation".

I didn't have a D&E!!! I had an L&D!!! I delivered him! I gave birth to him! There's nothing wrong with having a D&E, in fact I really did NOT want to deliver him. But I DID deliver him, and I'm pissed that the billing department got it wrong.

Is this a stupid thing to be angry about?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
That's like my only being considered an outpatient for my delivery. Even though I was in the hospital overnight and I delivered a baby, I was considered outpatient. I mean, come on, what I went through was definitely not something that would happen as an outpatient. On top of that, I was put out when I got the check from the OB's office 2 months after delivery. Not that I don't want my money back since it is mine....BUT......I felt like it was a refund check. No living baby....ok, here's your money back. That was a little hard to swallow. I think different things are going to strike us all differently and it's ok to be upset at what makes you upset at the time.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:
April 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
It is not stupid that you are thinking like that!
I would call and have it correct - more money or not - have it correct
you had a baby - you delivered a baby - he may not of lived but seriously they need to do their job right

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
April 12th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I agree. It's like billing for an appendectomy when you had heart surgery (except WAY more intense emotionally). They're both major surgery, but you'd still like to have your records correct, kwim?

I never saw any of the bills from Cora's delivery. I was on medicaid and it all went straight to them. I never saw a thing and I'm grateful for that. I can't imagine how painful it is to see those bills and things as a reminder.

April 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that would upset me too. I mean, that's just not upsetting wording like some hospital bills we get after giving birth to our dead babies, that's just plain incorrect! I'd be calling to have it changed. Like Brittanie said, you would want your records to be factually correct!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 13th, 2009, 12:22 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im not sure how it all works out there with medical bills n things....(sorry) but surley u will have notes at the hospital like patient notes so if they typed the wrong procedure on the bills did it come from the hospital notes cause they might be wrong there too hun so id check.
id be angry too if they were my notes too thou u have every right to be offended!

April 13th, 2009, 06:47 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the wording is wrong, too. I can understand how it is upsetting to you; especially given that you had to make such a choice based on Ethan's health. To me abortion sounds more like an unwanted child or an inconvenient child or a child who has Down syndrome (but would live, etc.). I'm sorry they have to make it sound like it was something it wasn't.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingMommy View Post
I think the wording is wrong, too. I can understand how it is upsetting to you; especially given that you had to make such a choice based on Ethan's health. To me abortion sounds more like an unwanted child or an inconvenient child or a child who has Down syndrome (but would live, etc.). I'm sorry they have to make it sound like it was something it wasn't.
That's the connotation of it, but in the end, it is the term for any terminated pregnancy.

April 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM
My medical records have it listed correctly, it's just the billing department that's wording it wrong. There's really nothing for me to do about, I just needed to make sure that there isn't something wrong with me that I got pissed about it. My husband thought it was a silly thing to get upset about. I feel better knowing that you guys agree with me.

April 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM
My medical records have it listed correctly, it's just the billing department that's wording it wrong. There's really nothing for me to do about, I just needed to make sure that there isn't something wrong with me that I got pissed about it. My husband thought it was a silly thing to get upset about. I feel better knowing that you guys agree with me.

April 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be angry about it for sure. Glad your medical records are correct though but what a dumb mistake by the billing department.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search