AF

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Stupid AF. I should be f*#$% pregnant right now.

Anybody else pissed at the universe?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hated AF every single month. I still do. It's NOT right...instead, I was dealing with blood, cramps, and clots...it really just disgusted me.

I'm so sorry...
April 16th, 2009, 01:05 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
im so sorry hun af is another reminder of what should be big hugs

April 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah...anything that reminds you you're not pregnant when you should still be pregnant is depressing. But then again when my period came back I was just glad it was normal and timely. But it still made me sad.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to add my
April 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I don't know why it's upsetting me so much. I was fine last month.

April 16th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Because there's been a rash of bfp's on this board. Because you should still be pregnant. Because AF is a reminder that your body is preparing itself for another round of fertility, when you have already been fertile.

Because it's a reminder of what should have been.

But just know that soon enough, you WILL have your bfp, and Ethan's wishes for his mommy and daddy will come to be.
April 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Ditto what Heather said. Because it's hard to watch others move forward when you aren't ready/able to.

((I just want to say, that I don't think it's bad that we've had so many bfps! This board is probably the best place to see them!))

April 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, Heather made a good point. I personally will admit I felt like a major A-hole when I posted about my BFP. I guess because I was one of the first in the slew and also because I knew there were some of you who either had to wait or had been trying for months. It just felt like it should have been someone else at that time.

I just know you will be blessed with a beautiful healthy baby. But I know all too well the wait is full of fear, impatience, anger, depression and pretty much everything that can suck.

*BIG HUGS*

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingMommy View Post
Yeah, Heather made a good point. I personally will admit I felt like a major A-hole when I posted about my BFP. I guess because I was one of the first in the slew and also because I knew there were some of you who either had to wait or had been trying for months. It just felt like it should have been someone else at that time.

I just know you will be blessed with a beautiful healthy baby. But I know all too well the wait is full of fear, impatience, anger, depression and pretty much everything that can suck.

*BIG HUGS*
I did when I first got pregnant with Patrick too. Mostly because it wasn't planned and I felt like there were others who deserved it more. Not that I don't love him completely, I just hate that it has to be such a struggle for some people.

April 16th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I don't think it's the BFPs actually, I get so excited when other women in my situation get good news. I am really very excited about everyone who has just gotten a BFP, I'm kind of living through you guys.

Maybe it's because all of my pregnant due date buddies (from that old pregnancy group) are, well, still pregnant. Maybe AF is making me hormonal. Maybe it's just part of the process.

April 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Regular
I am new to this board. I have been posting/lurking in the TTC after loss board but realize I might find a better fit here. My name is Elizabeth (34) and my DH is Dave (37) and our son was stillborn at 26 weeks. We know how it happened (nuchal cord) but we still struggle with the "why". I used to work in ultrasound but had to quit after we went through what we did. It was extremely hard to scan people who just didn't seem to appreciate the miracle that they had. And, like you are feeling, being constantly surrounded by pregnant women was very hard. It seems that when you want something with all of your being you notice others who have it and they seem to come out of the woodwork when you are at your lowest. We all want that BFP and couldn't be happier when someone (in this board in particular) gets it...but it still hurts. Someone posted earlier that it is just another reminder of what we should have had and that is very true. I know in my heart that we will all be blessed with another BFP but I have come to realize that (because I am a believer) it is in God's time and not mine. Patience is a very hard lesson to learn and I work at it every day.

I deliverd my son in September of 08....and I still cry when AF comes to visit. I seem to be easily aggitated when another month goes by with no "success". My heart aches to have another child and every month the dissapointment seems to be larger than the last. I try to convince myself that "it doesn't bother me as much anymore" but then I will hear a song on the radio or watch something on tv and I break down...again. I honestly believe that these feelings are natural and there is nothing wrong with feeling this way. We have to let ourselves grieve...but at the same time we cannot lose hope or accept defeat. Our time will come ladies...and until then I know I will be here for you to unload on. We are all feeling the same and we are not alone.

April 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Proud Momma
I'm right there with you on that. I HATE THEM. HATE THEM, HATE THEM, HATE THEM.

I ended up getting mine while in NY. My cycle is now only 52, that's right FIFTY TWO days long now. Am I ever pissed. yup.
April 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I know what the problem is. It's that I'm getting closer to my EDD.

April 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I disappeared last August, Rebecca. I couldn't really come around again until January. I am just SO sorry.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search