Back from NY

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Proud Momma
I'm back. It was a fun trip. NY is so fast-paced, which I'm so not used to and I really don't know how we survived the taxi ride to our hotel!!! Wow, was it ever a bit scary! My feet hurt sooo much b/c of all the walking, but other than that it was so great to see so much!
April 17th, 2009, 02:29 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
welcome back steph im excited to see ur pics of new york, i havent been anywhere half as exciting...lol

April 17th, 2009, 06:36 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Welcome back Steph!! I'm happy you had a great time. Please tell us what you did and where you went?! Yeah, NY taxi cab drivers are NUTS!!! I'm always scared to get in a cab!

April 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back! Did you get to do everything on your FIL's list?
April 17th, 2009, 11:13 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Stephanie! Welcome back! Full details, please! Where'd you go, what'd you do? Did you go to Daffy's?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
April 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Regular
I will never get in a NY taxi ever again...you are right they are insane. I am glad you had fun!

April 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Welcome back!! Sorry I'm saying that so late, but this forum isn't bolding the new topics so I am missing a lot of them!

April 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Proud Momma
Thanks everyone! we had a great time, but it's good to be back.

Laura: LOL yea, we did most things on his list, but we changed it around quite a bit
Barb: yea we did go to Daffy's, but I found everything fit very small. Jon actually bought some clothes, but I couldn't find anything!

We did sooo much, our feet are still hurting from all the walking. We went to The Lion King - absolutely amazing show!!! walked lots around downtown, went up to Central park and went to the Met museum. Went to where WTC was and into the tribute centre. Walked around times square, down to Rockefeller Centre, NBC studios. Didn't go up Empire State building - it was WAY too windy that day on the ground, I'm already terrified of heights, don't need the wind to make it even worse! Walked a bit around SOHO, but our feet hurt so much that day, we couldn't do too much. Got confused by the subway system - although Jon was pretty good at figuring it out. And was scared to death on the taxi ride to the hotel. I am amazed at how taxi drivers drive there, they literally drive right in front of you even when you're in the crosswalk. Everything is very, very fast-paced there, so different from what I'm used to where I live!

I finally finished adding the pics to facebook, but here's a few pics:

about to go watch the Lion King:

Jon and me at the Met (this is one of the only pics of me and Jon, and of course it's fuzzy!)

walking the Brooklyn bridge:

Rockefeller ice rink:

this is the sandwich Jon ordered at Carnegie deli. It's massive! (if you don't eat meat, you may not want to look at this!) I'm pretty turned off corned beef for a while:

Jon at the M&M store:

me at Times Square:

Last edited by LaLaLa1; April 18th, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
April 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Fun fact: the largest of those giant sandwiches at Carnegie Deli is 4,000 calories.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 18th, 2009, 03:08 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before I die I want a Reuben from Carnegie Deli. That is my all time favorite sandwich! LOL!!

Great pictures, and just the release you needed! Your smiles are a mile wide and a heart warming sight!!!!

Welcome home
April 18th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Proud Momma
4,000 calories eh!?! wow! but hell, it was worth it

and Heather, Reubens are also my absolute favourite sandwich of all time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE sauerkraut and swiss cheese! I'm not sure why I didn't order that one actually! And yea, we had a pretty good time (minus our small arguments) and I really didn't feel too down while we were there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search