HS reunion

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Proud Momma
I just noticed on facebook that I was invited to my 10 year high school reunion. But I don't know whether I want to go or not. I always said I would go to it, but ever since I lost Katrina, I don't feel like facing people and I feel like such a loser that I couldn't even bring my baby into this world alive.

It's in June, but by the way things are going for Jon and I, I bet we won't be pregnant by then, so I really, really don't want to face all the people who are pregnant or have kids already (and I know a lot of them are pregnant right now). It'll just make me more upset / depressed. And even if I am pregnant at that time, hearing so many people talk about their babies will still make me so sad - because I should be talking about my baby (being alive and well) also.

But I don't want to regret not going either. hmmm. Is this weird that I'm having such a difficult time figuring out whether I should go or not???
April 17th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say I was going and then decide on the day if I felt up to it. I never went to mine and don't feel like I missed out but I am not all that sentimental about HS and our graduating class was over 800 so chances are I wouldn't have know most of the people there.
Losing our babies makes what should be easy decisions hard ones.
April 17th, 2009, 05:54 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
I didn't go to mine, but it was also a few years ago. It's sucks how much our losses affect our decisions when it comes to seeing people. My cousin's daughter is having her first communion this May and I know a lot of the family will be there that I haven't seen since before my loss and I want to go to see everyone, but I don't want conversation to be focused on the loss the whole time. So I'm seeing if the rest of my immediate family is going, I'll make my decision based on that. I know they will support me.

It's such a personal decision to me and I can't come up with any good advice. I'm sorry.

April 17th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Regular
I agree with LauraG...you should say that you will attend and then see if you are up to it. I didn't go to mine and I don't feel that I missed anything. I think that things like this are good for you to do. They are just one more step in the healing process but you have to be ready to take that step. The day before my son's memorial service, my grandmother died and while the last thing I wanted to do was see ALL those family members and friends so soon, it was good (when it was over) that we did. These things are hard and they suck but they help too. I guess my point is...you have to be ready to take the step and if you aren't then it's ok.

April 17th, 2009, 08:08 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I skipped mine and don't regret it.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never regretted not going to mine. With the advent of Facebook, I can "hang" with who I want to. But I have a lot of social anxieties, too.

Go. You may find out you have more fun that you think you would!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search