Sooo happy!!!

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM
SimplyJenalee's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Ladies-

I just received a wonderful piece of information in the mail.

Backstory:

When I was in the hospital waiting to deliver Alyssa I was bombarded with many different questions. One of them was if I wanted to donate Alyssa's body for research or not. They told me that I would be able to get her ashes back afterwards. I agreed because I thought it would be great if Alyssa could help someone. After we made the decision to donate her body, but before we signed the paperwork about it they came back and said that we wouldn't be able to get the ashes back and that the ashes would be buried in the annual University of Michigan memorial service. We still decided to go through with donating her body because I thought of it as the one thing she would accomplish in her life.

After I got home from the hospital I deeply regretted donating her body because I wanted part of her (her ashes) home where they belong. I didn't think it through and if I could change it I would want her ashes with me.

Fastforward to Today:

I just received a beautiful letter in the mail saying the Anatomical Donations Program has revised its procedures and her ashes can now be returned to me!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooo excited! We were already planning a memorial service at my parents house at the end of May and are planning on planting a Lilac Tree (purple bc that color reminds me of her) and now we will also bury her ashes as well with the tree! I am soooo happy you have no idea how happy this makes me.
April 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great Jen! A lilac tree eh, sounds lovely. I am so glad they revised their procedures!

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

April 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
wow thats fantastic hun i would be so happy too

April 22nd, 2009, 04:04 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, that is truly a gift!!! That memorial service sounds like it is going to be very beautiful!

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 22nd, 2009, 04:12 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that is great!!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 22nd, 2009, 06:02 AM
grlpisces's Avatar Dynamite w/ a laser beam
Jen, that's so awesome!! About donating her body AND about you getting the ashes back! And I LOVE that you chose a Lilac Tree

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*
April 22nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
That is awesome news! I'm happy Alyssa will be with you.

April 22nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, I think that is SO awesome! Donating her body WAS such a GIFT! I think few people realize how important it is for doctors-to-be to be able to understand what a real human looks like verses the simulations and videos and dolls. And I know the students really do treat them with respect.

I'm also SO pleased that they are returning her ashes. I am glad they decided to revise their policies.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search