Is It Just Me...

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 06:11 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or have we all been left speechless and emotionally numb by what has happened to Nat, Heather and their babies this week? I just can't think of much to say and I just keep waiting to hear how Heather is doing. I keep envisioning how crushed I would be if losing a baby happened AGAIN. I can't even imagine it.

I'm glad to hear your surgery at least went well Nat, but it still sucks that you have to be pretty much immobile while healing. I still just can't believe this crap happened to you girls.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I admit it made me cry more than once. It is so unfair. I think it also brings back a tiny bit of our own losses, mine is still fresh. When I hear someone else going through the same thing it is hard. Oddly though I get the want to scream take photos! Yeah this whole ting has left me a bit abnormal I think.
April 25th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Proud Momma
It's not just you. I cannot stop thinking about them and how horrible and unfair it is.

There are absolutely no words I could say that could possibly comfort them right now. I am just so very sorry.
April 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely not just you. I have been thinking about them both. My heart goes out to them, so freaking unfair! I wish we had some news on Heather but of course nothing can be said that will make it better.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

April 25th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yep, me too. it's so unfair.

April 25th, 2009, 07:49 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we're all more than a bit abnormal. Photos is the first thing I think about when someone mentions a loss... and one of the things that will be on my mind if I ever get to a late term pregnancy again... have a bag packed and ready to go.

Honestly I think I'm a little happy I have some physical pain to deal with right now. It's keeping me focused, you know? Something to think about other than the loss and the setbacks and the anger.

Been so worried about Heather. Like Laura said, not that we can do anything about it, but it just makes me freaking sick.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i feel so sad i hate that i cant say anything to make them better i cant even find anything to say words fail me and i feel awful for not finding anything to say to help them.

im just so so sorry nat and heather ill admit that too i ve cried for u both

April 26th, 2009, 05:37 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I could tell our board was, well, different the last few days. It's like we're at a standstill. Hearing about these things has brought back alot of the pain from Roald. I just remember the shock of it happening once...twice, uh. One of my best freinds had a loss at 18 weeks and a stillborn at 40 weeks; they were 6 years apart and she said Savannah hurt worse, but I feel just terrible. She still has no living children and I know she wants them so badly. And now I see Heather and Nat going through two losses...it's just heartbreaking.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
April 27th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Veteran
I've been pretty much disgusted lately hearing what happened. Just disgusted that it's even possible that it could happen twice. Just mad at the world for them.

And it probably shattered some crazy part of me (that hasn't learned better yet) that was able to have the thought that it just wouldn't happen to someone twice. Probably that was some reassurance a part of me had that I wouldn't need to be afraid again if I ever wanted to have another. THat's a stupid part of me because I know it can happen and I know beyond a doubt that I'll be afraid.

I'm just so sad for them. And down that we've all been so sad lately with our existing losses too. It just seems like it's been a hard time for so many lately.
10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a
April 27th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've always thought that if someone experiences a loss (especially a late one), and especially after struggling with fertility, that they should get a free pass, kwim? Oh, you had a stillbirth? You'll never have to worry about losing another one...

But of course nobody asked me.

What it brought back for me was struggle with the unfairness of it all. In the end I really want to believe that life balances somehow. And every time I get to the point where I can start believing it again, something happens to just shatter that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search