Me again :(

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugggh!! I wish people could just UNDERSTAND. I know it's impossible to understand unless you have been through it, but a little sensitivity wouldn't hurt!!!

I told you all before, our wedding was planned for 1 month after we lost D, so we canceled. We had everything bought/deposits paid, everything. Okay...so fast forward to now, I'm still not married & 15 weeks pregnant again - so not getting married until next year. (Not planning a wedding pregnant again!) I lost my son & my wedding in one shot. The two are definitely connected. My sister wants Mattea to be a flower girl in her wedding, ok fine, I still have Mattea's flower girl dress from our wedding plans....so I tried it on her, and then I started bawling its just too hard to see her in it - it stirs up everything I lost. My sister then asked me yesterday if her flower girl dress still fits, and I told her yes but seeing her in it made me cry so I'm gonna buy a different one...and her reply..... LAUGHTER.....She Laughed!! How is that FUNNY??? UGGGGGGGGGH!!! I really don't like her sometimes. I'm trying to make things as easy as possible so that I can be HAPPY for her and not be reminded of what I lost and start bawling mid-wedding because this day is about HER not me...and she laughs... Ugh... where's the sensitivity?

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
April 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
She laughed???? Wow, I really dislike your sister too. I'm sorry honey. I think I'd be more than furious at someone who thought my pain was funny.

April 26th, 2009, 01:07 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I'm sorry!!! That is just so insensitive! Thta's aweful. I definitely think it's a good idea for you to buy a new dress.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
omg wow, seriously i would have told her to find a new flower girl. im so sorry hun

April 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Family members just do not get it sometimes. My sister is super ultra mega awesome, but my dad . . . well he tries. He tried to make me feel better last week (when I had a depressive episode and was nearly suicidal) by telling me about his neighbors who had just lost their 20 year old son to a freak automobile accident. At least Ethan didn't die that way, he says. I wanted to tell him that at least his neighbors had 20 years to have their son - I got 2 hours, and Ethan wasn't even alive for them. Sigh. He means well, he just doesn't understand.

If somebody outright LAUGHED at my, pain, I'd probably punch them. I think you are making a smart move to buy another dress. You might actually be able to enjoy the wedding a little bit. Good luck.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow she laughed?? I would have been tempted to say find another flower girl. I am sorry she was so insensitive! I agree with the other ladies and it's a good idea to buy another dress.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

April 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still can't believe she laughed at me, I haven't talked to her about it yet but I plan to. I just kinda "yeahhh so anyway" when she laughed. Its really offensive.

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
April 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Veteran
wow, that's more than just needing to be a little more sensitive. that's needing to go to therapy for a behavioral problem! I'm sorry but that's crappy and I'd be so hurt by that. There would be no hiding it. You need to let her know that that really hurt you. It's easier said than done, but that was just really tacky. And hard as I try, I can't even fathom why that would be at all funny to anyone anywhere any TIME!

*hugs* Sorry that happened.
10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a
April 30th, 2009, 07:29 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Geez,what a nice sister. I'm peeved off at one of my sisters, too, right now. But if she ever laughed at my pain, or anyone else, I would seriously avoid them.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search