Now what?

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2009, 04:46 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Joe had to go take care of buisness. I ave laundry that needs to be done, and Jonah's ashes should be ready today or tomorrow. I need to make drs. appts. for follow ups, and start looking for a genetisist. I don't know where to start. I really don't. I need someone to tell me what to do. Where do I start?
April 28th, 2009, 05:02 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
heather hun im so sorry i really am struggling to find some words to comfort u, my heart hurts for u,

do what feels right i wish i could do it for u i really do.

April 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I needed similar advice in February. My Mom was really handy at helping me figure out how to handle the activities of daily living. So I will try to help you prioritize, the way my Mom helped me.

1. Set up the doctor's appointments now, even though you don't feel like it, since they will be booked for a few weeks.

2. Get the laundry started, because you can cry between loads.

3. Try and wait until Joe is available to pick up Jonah's ashes, if possible, because it will be so hard.

If you think you might be interested in grief counseling and/or support groups, send me a message with your zip code, and I will use my therapy resources to point you in the right direction, like my sister did for me. If you tell me in the message what hospital you delivered at, I will ask my sister (the genetic counselor) if she can recommend a genetic counselor in your area.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

April 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I can't add anything that Rebecca didn't already say. She gave great advice. I'm praying for you honey. Be gentle with yourself.

April 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you, Rebecca. i needed that.

Laundry is done. Secondload is in the dryer.
Emma's been upset at school, so the school counselor is working with her. We will be starting the kids' counseling at the new hope center for grieving chidlren.

I'm tired. I know I need to do more...but I'm tired and don't want to do anything except cry. Have you seen my sons? My children deserve more than earth, but why don't I? I want to be with them. Jonah needs me, but I can't be with him.

I remember that time starts to heal...but will it heal this?
April 28th, 2009, 11:10 AM
dotcomkari's Avatar Bianca, Kai & Asia's mom
Send a message via AIM to dotcomkari Send a message via MSN to dotcomkari
*huge hugs* I wish I could say something to help sweetie.. but my best advice is lean on those who love you. Ask for help, DO NOT TRY to do everything on your own, you will only get run down. Talk about your feelings.. and cry.. if you have to. *hug*

THANK YOU Claire for Siggy! WE LOVE IT!

Kari, Proud wife to Raymond (8.16.03) proud mommy to: Olivia Katherine ( born still 3.5.00), Bianca (12.23.03) , Kai (4.28.06) and Asia (7.14.08)

Proud Member of the :
Children With Special Needs, 2008 July Playroom, ASD Board, Stillborn Baby Board
April 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Doing nothing but crying is okay, you know. It's perfectly okay.

Will it heal this? Well.... it'll help. I know what we want is to be healed completely.... and I know that will never happen. The hurts on our hearts are far too deep to ever go away. But... we can heal a little bit. Slowly. You will, too. It will be painful and hard, but you WILL heal as time moves forward.

You do deserve your boys.... you deserve to be with them. And I'm so sorry they aren't here with you now.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 28th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry your boys are not with you. I wish I could say something that will magically help you start to heal. Just wanted to add my and as Nat said it is alright to do nothing and cry.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

April 28th, 2009, 06:56 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I cannot add anything more, but you are in my thoughts. I agree that all of the suggestions that have been made.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search