i need help - birth/death announcement

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to mccoleyolie Send a message via MSN to mccoleyolie Send a message via Yahoo to mccoleyolie
Okay, as many of you know I am pregnant with twins, but only one is still alive. I am delivering them on Monday. My mother has been arranging every thing with the funeral home for Isabella and today she came to me and asked if I wanted something in the newspaper and if I did I had to write it and she would get it to the funeral home who would then make sure it got put in the paper.

So... I need to write something announcing the birth of Vanessa... and then death of Isabella. How do I do that? I looked online for some kind of an example... but came up empty handed. I'm not asking any one to write it for me, but if anyone has any suggestions? I just don't know what to write... I don't know... What do you do write in this situation????
May 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't know anything about announcements unfortunately (I really wish I had made one for Ethan) but I wanted to say that I'm very sorry. I hope your delivery goes as smoothly as possible.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 6th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I do not know how helpful it is, but here is Genevive's Obituary. She lived for 16 days, but she was a twin.

May 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
maybe put in two seperate announcements - the birth announcement of Vanessa and the death announcement for Isabella - I am sorry you have to go through this - I can not imagine the pain you are going through right now

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
May 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Proud Momma
I'm so sorry you're going through this

I like how Jenny (Delekatala) wrote it (as sad as it that she had to even write it, but it sounded really nice).

I regret not writing an obituary for Katrina last August, but I'm writing a poem to put in the newspaper this year for her.
May 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i hope u find something hun

im so very sorry for your loss.

May 7th, 2009, 05:52 AM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear about Isabella. It is so very painful to labor and give birth when you know your baby is gone. But I will be praying you have strength and that Vanessa brings you and your family great joy, even in this time of grief. I can't imagine what it is like to grieve and be happy because of the birth of one baby and the death of another. I have not had to go through the torment of losing a twin, but I know that three women here have : GrlPisces (Barb), LauraKatee (Laura) and of course Jenny. They may have better words or advice for you.

Jenny's obituary she wrote for Genevive is very good. I would use that as an outline if I were you. I also think maybe "separating" the birth announcement and obituary is best.

But I would mention in the obituary that she has a living twin, like Jenny wrote.

Pretty much everything I was going to suggest is in Genevive's.

Again, I'm just so sorry this is happening.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 7th, 2009, 08:06 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you wanted to do a single birth announcement you could say that Isabella was born to Heaven on this date and time and is forever loved and remembered by her twin sister Vanessa born on this date and time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

May 7th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about Isabella. I never put an announcement in the paper but I will this year on his angelverysary.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search