Happy Thoughts

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Mother's Day sucks for us. Let's share happy memories of our angels, and funny stories of our l/c and other family.

Ethan really takes after me. He slept for the first 25 minutes of his twelve week ultrasound. The tech tried everything - having me cough, wiggle my belly, drink juice - and Ethan wasn't having it. He was napping, dammit! He did wake up though, and we spent another 25 minutes wiggle around in there.

I have a two year old niece, Liana. She is about ready to be potty trained. Last night at my MIL's birthday party, we were hanging out on the deck when she yells at the top of her lungs "I POOPED" and then proceeds to yank off her diaper. Poop goes flying through the air and lands SPLAT on the deck. She then declares "all better" and runs off to the swingset.

It wasn't my deck, and she's not my kid, so it was HILARIOUS.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my last ultrasounds, I think it was in the third trimester sometime for whatever reason, the tech switched on the 3-D ultrasound thing! It was so cool! BUT!!! Devin, Mr. I Will Show Everyone And Anyone My Penis, WOULD NOT show his face for the camera. He had one ar,m up over his face. For half an hour the tech had me rolling from side to side, jiggling, getting up, getting down, waiting... just for a shot of his face for us! NOPE! Devin would not be budged and kept turning his head away from the ultrasound and shielding his face with his arm. Little booger. All we got a picture of was some lips and part of a nose.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Super Mommy
Joey always had his hands in his face. I could always feel his fingers on the insides of my hip bones, it was really a funny feeling. I could tell it wasn't just his head moving because I literally felt his fingers, on both hips at the same time, wiggling. And every single ultrasound his hands were in his face too. The first one he was reclining, literally with his legs stretched out crossed a the ankles with one arm behind his head and the other hand looked like he was either waving, or according to my 4.5yr old, picking his nose. Such a guy! Another ultrasound he was sucking his arm, or at least had his arm over his mouth. The tech jiggled my tummy a few times and he arched his back and stretched out and opened his mouth as if he was saying "HEY!" it looked like he was mad The things we do to our children in utero...lol.

He also LOVED having his Daddy close to him. Every night (or at least most nights) we would lay in bed spooning with dh's hand over my tummy. Joey would move at first then quiet down. If dh took his hand away Joey would go nuts, then quiet down again as soon as his hand was back. It was as if he could feel the warmth and love through my tummy. We all bonded with him so closely.

I just loved every single second of my pregnancy and cherished it, truly. That is one thing I am so thankful for, we have no regrets. So many times I worried that because I was chasing after ds1 I wouldn't bond as easily or wouldn't pay as much attention to this 2nd pregnancy....but that was not the case and I am so grateful for every second I got to spend with my little angel. I miss him so much.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

Last edited by J_n_JsMommy; May 10th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search