Thinking of you all today

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been thinking of you all especially today. I realized that bereaved mommies and daddies should have their own special day. Being a mommy to an angel(s) is so much harder than being a mom to a living child. Somehow we all wake up and get through the day minute by minute or hour by hour we make it through to the next day. Stupid and ignorant comments from those around us, pregnant women, child abuse, movies, tv, and everything else that happens daily and somehow we still wake up the next day just to endure it again. Then there is the relationship with the daddy since usually men grieve differently, eventually ttc when all you can think of is you shouldn't have to be, and of course the housework doesn't do itself. Mommies like us somehow get through each and every day, we try to put on a smile for others, we try not to hurt others feelings or feel bad when we do, and yet we go without any recognition or a special day. I declare a special day for the mommies and daddies of angels! We go through so much more and appreciate the small things that so many people take for granted and yet we do it all and never get a day off from our jobs as a mommy of an angel. We all know the pain of labor, even greater pain of making our babies funeral arrangements, and deciding if you want an autopsy. All of these things that nobody else can "imagine" doing, but they get a special day. My hat goes off to all of you! You are all amazing mommies and I am proud of you all for everything you do and go through each and every day. Happy Mothers Day to the greatest mommies I know!!

Pregnancy mentioneddon't read any further if it will upset you)

I think mothers day is a joke because I don't need a special day or a day off from hannah or a special gift. My gift is seeing her smile at me each and every morning. I don't know if I would feel this way if it wasn't for Abby or not, but I know that Abby has taught me so much in her short 7 months with me. I love her for all that she has taught me.

May 10th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, we have pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day...

Anyway, I agree. Being an angel mother makes this day totally different.

May 11th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Proud Momma
It is very tough being a mommy to an angel. And yes, there may be pregnancy and infant loss remembrance day, but it's not a well enough known day. I had no idea it existed before I had Katrina and didn't know about it for quite a while after I had her either.

So thanks for this post, Rhonda

Funny how the only people who recognized me on Mother's Day (other than Jonny and close family) was you JM girls. So that I thank you all for that.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; May 11th, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
May 11th, 2009, 12:22 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
thinking of u too, a special day would be nice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search