My cousin's baby

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Dacontay4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the phone with my mom this morning, and she told me my cousin lost her baby. My cousin and is my age and growing up we were inseperable at family get togethers. My heart breaks for her, I know how hard this is for her. She was so supportive when I lost my son, one of the few people that would let me talk about it to them.

She's 26, just got married last year, and this was her first baby. She was due, ladies, she was 41 weeks pregnant, she wanted to have her baby naturally. They don't know what happened. My cousin is totally healthy, the baby was completely healthy up until the end. It happened last night.

I just sent her an email, I plan on sending a card as well, but I just wanted to get it to her more quickly and I don't have her #. I mentioned this group and how wonderful and supportive you all are, I hope thats OK. I don't know if she'll join or not, I also gave her my # in case she wants to talk.

Please hold my cousin Cindy and her husband in your prayers. Her baby's name is Alicia Nadine.
2 sweet angels born straight into Jesus' arms:
Mason Charles (1/3/05) and Kaydence Faith (4/30/10)

May 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I'm so very sorry. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 12th, 2009, 01:47 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so heartbreaking. I feel terrible for her and her husband. I'm so glad that at least you will be there for her.

If she was healthy and so was the baby, the problem may have been with the placenta. I know of numerous cases where I woman was beyond 40 weeks and the placenta gradually or abruptly stopped working and the baby is then lost. I actually believe that is what happened to Malachi, Liz's son.

I hope they find a reason and I hope that they will have plenty of support through this.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
oh no im so sorry hun send many thoughts and prayers

May 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Proud Momma
oh I'm so sorry to hear that. That is so devastating. Her family will be in my t&p's.

If she's rcomfortable, she's more than welcome to join us here. My heart just sinks every time I hear of something like this happening to someone

HUGE to her
May 12th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry to hear about your cousin's baby! I wish I didn't know this but it is so so frustrating to get right to where you think you're safe...you hit the due date and it never even occurs to you that you could lose the baby NOW. When you think you'll be bringing your peanut home with you, and instead your world is turned upside down. She and her family will be in my prayers.
Jamie ~ 7-12-04 ~ fun, crazy, transformer loving tough-guy mama's boy
and
Joey ~ 4-4-09 ~ born sleeping ~ held under my heart for 40wk1d, in my arms for just 6 short hours but he will be in my heart forever
And finally holding my little girl,Felicity Rose, Born into Daddy's loving hands on June 9, 2010

May 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so very sorry for your cousin and her husband. There are so many things that could have caused it, but in the end it *should* have been fine. People go past 41 weeks all the time with no ill effects. Just a terrible tragedy, my heart goes out to them.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 13th, 2009, 05:44 AM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
So sorry about your cousins baby. It's so tragic. My t&p's are with their family. It's so unimaginable that this would happen. I really hope they find a cause for her loss. HUGS

May 13th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh that's so sad. And so hard for your family, I'm sure. Don't forget to let yourself grieve too honey.

I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.

May 13th, 2009, 09:46 AM
SarahBethsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I just hate to hear about another loss. Many prayers for your family and especially Alicia's family. I'm so glad you are being there for her.

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search