Sharing some of your angels things

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Veteran
The other thread inspired me. I think I'd like to share pics of some of Logans things...kind of sharing him in a way I guess. I hope you don't mind. I invite everyone else to do the same on this thread (if you feel comfortable).

We kept pretty much everything. My grandfather made him a chest and painted it gold (kind of like a Hope Chest I guess) so that I could keep his things in it.

It holds:
his "coming home" duplicate outfit (he was buried in the original one, but I went and bought another one exactly alike to keep for myself), a Bible he was given at my baby shower, a ceramic shoe he was also given at my baby shower (those are both things that Ella has one of too, so I wanted to keep it). Several special items of clothing (one that my dad bought specifically for him, a little hawaiin shirt and shorts and an outfit my MIL had bought for him that has trains on it), several little shoes and socks, a couple of camo bibs that my husband bought for him, a onesie my husband bought for him, several necklaces given to me engraved with his name (I wear one of them at all times, rotate them out) all the hospital stuff (his footprints, locket of hair, gown they put him in, the little hat, a tape measure where he was measured, his certificate of birth that the hospital gives), and a ceramic type molding thing of his and Ellas footprints together. Then there's a blanket with his name embroidered on it and blankets my grandmother made him (Ella has her own set). Just lots of stuff. I also have all of his clothes we had bought, in a big tub under the bed. I can't part with any of it. I just can't. Here are a few pictures of the chest and some of the items...

10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a
May 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How cool!! That's awesome!

I don't have any great pics of the boys' stuff yet.
May 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow such beautiful ways to remember. I love the necklace and the foot prints.

I have some things but not pictures of them.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.

Last edited by LauraG; May 14th, 2009 at 11:54 AM.
May 14th, 2009, 11:51 AM
AliciaF's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are the 2 ornaments I have for Clark and his stocking that was handmade by a friend

This is part of what is on his shelf, I don't have all of it, it's an angel figurine I found, his memory box from the hospital, a baby sleeping in angels wings, his name in the sand picture and the candle I burned on October 15th. His shadow box is up there, but not in the picture

And this is the picture we have framed on the wall next to the mantel

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook

May 14th, 2009, 12:23 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
oh wow u have some beautiful things hun

ill have to sort throu some pictues and see what i ve got

May 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You have such great stuff. I am going to take pictures tomorrow and post them here. Is that CD or DVD one of the ultrasounds you pay extra for? We debated getting one with Roald and I get extremely upset that we didn't spend the $150 to get it done (the 3d/4d).

I told him now every pregnancy we are getting one. I thought it was expensive, but it's worth it in case anything like what happened with Roald happens.

And that mold with both their footprints...so sad, but precious.

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
May 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I love seeing this!

Here's Cora's shelf

Her urn (filled with gravel from the lake we spread her ashes at) and handprint

The angel I bought her for Christmas in 2007

Pic of Matt holding her and the angel snow globe I was given for my first birthday after

The bears my sister painted for her. She had bought them but hadn't painted them when we lost Cora, so she painted them special and gave them to me.

And a picture that hung on my wall before I moved...it's going up in Erin's room, but I haven't put it up yet.

I love seeing this!

May 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
I don't have any pictures, but here are some of the things Ethan has:

-A stuffed reindeer that my gram bought him for Christmas. We were going to save it for the next baby, but after seeing that Devin had sheepie, I decided that Ethan deserved a toy of his own.

-A photo album (also from gram). The photos aren't in it yet (half are in his memory box, the other half on my computer) but I'll get around to it eventually.

-A corner of the mantle, where I keep his picture and light his special Jewish memorial candle.

-A memory box from his OB nurse. It has his hat and hospital outfit, his two receiving blankets, the heart-shaped pillow he rested on, his hospital bracelet, mine and DH's hospital bracelets (the nurse linked all three bracelets together), and the bottle of shampoo his nurse washed him off with. It also has some Jewish prayer booklets. It also has a hat a friend knitted for him, though it ended up a blanket because he was so small. The pictures and ultrasounds are in there too, though I'll put them in the album eventually.

-A bigger memory box with the pregnancy journal I kept, the 4 pregnancy tests I took, my BBT chart for the month we conceived him (which always makes me cry), the fertility journal I kept while were TTC, a few of the morning sickness meds I tried, all of the condolence cards we got, and the cards my OB nurse has sent.

-A plant sent by my aunt. DH and I aren't very good at keeping plants alive, so we keep it at my parents' house and my mom and her housekeeper take care of it.

-A beautiful framed certificate of the star we named after him, as well as a high quality astronomical drawing of the star and the constellation it is in (Orion).

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Last edited by rebeccabaltimore and more; May 14th, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
May 14th, 2009, 02:46 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

THe memorial card with his footprints. When I left the hospital there was a tag taped next to my door that looked like the top of the card. It was nice to see because it meant that anyone who entered my room knew about our loss, so it probably stopped the staff from asking insensitive questions.

The impression of his feet, they put in little things that would be just the right size for him as a toy.

We don't have his pictures available on-line yet. I am not ready to share that part of him quite yet.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
May 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Meghan, I'm glad you got the impressions. I love my impression of Cora's hand. There are days when see that, the impression in clay, proves to me more than anything that she was really here, she really lived, and she is really mine.

And don't worry about not posting pictures. We understand. When you are ready, we'll be here.

May 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I recentyl photographed most of Genevive's things. All of them are here

All I have left pictures by delekatala - Photobucket

But these are some of my favorites.

May 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Proud Momma
All the pictures are so nice and such beautiful ways to remember your Angels! I love the little hawaiian shirt, Laura!

We have so much stuff for Katrina all around our house.

This is a basket full of some of the books we read to Katrina, the little shorts we bought when we were about 15 weeks (when we totally thought we were having a boy), some of her stuffed animals, and any articles I've found since losing her regarding stillbirth:

Katrina's stocking I made her for Christmas:

The drawing my mil drew, some of Katrina's ashes, dried flowers from different bouquets people gave us, and another set of lion, elephant and hippo (a different set of these 3 lil' guys are also on Katrina's grave and we have another set as back up in case something happens to the ones at her grave):

Katrina's other doggie, her Angel bear, her picture, her adorable foot prints, and the baby hat we were going to put on her head for her to wear, but it was way too big, so now doggie gets to forever wear it:

Mr. Blue (the little donkey) I bought for her a few weeks before she was born (again b/c I totally thought we were having a boy), tiny baby shoes (not real shoes! DH's parents bought them somewhere in Europe just before they found out we were pregnant and funny enough they only had pink available), a little heart - (we put the inside part of the heart into her casket with her), the heart flower her cousin (my niece) made for her at school, and a stuffed angel bear:

The memory boxes with all of Katrina's other stuff from the hospital, cards, and other mementos. With her photo album on top:

The wreath I made to put at Katrina's grave:

we also have some Christmas ornaments, but I can't find the pictures at this time.

Last edited by LaLaLa1; May 15th, 2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: just to add one more thing
May 15th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Veteran
Stephanie, all of Katrinas things are so beautiful! I love them

Quote:
All the pictures are so nice and such beautiful ways to remember your Angels! I love the little hawaiian shirt, Laura!

I know, I love looking at all our babies special things. It made me feel good to share some of Logans things with the "rest of the world" in a way. Reminds me that at least YOU all know he was real and existed and important.

The story behind that little Hawaiin shirt outfit. My dad bought that for Logan on his own when he was shopping one day while I was pregnant. He had never bought baby stuff EVER (that is always my moms thing), but he bought that himself for whatever reason, for Logan. Well, the day after we lost Logan my parents went to my house that next night because they live out of town, so they went to stay there. My mom told me later that my dad went into the babies room and found the little outfit he had bought in their closet and held it and just started sobbing. It breaks my heart and makes me cry every time I think of that. Obviously I have done that same thing with many of Logans things. But to know that my dad did it, really touched me. He is one of the few that has since told me that he loves Logan and misses him. I had written him an email recently about how I was really struggling and he wrote

Quote:
I would never try to suggest that I know how you feel about losing Logan. I know there is a fine line between "moving on" and keeping Logan's memory alive. We are all struggling with that. But, you are not alone. I still hurt everyday. He was my grandson. It is very strange. Even though I never got to know him, I miss him......and I always will.

I love my dad so much and I love that he misses Logan, in his own way and for his own reasons. And most of all, that he actually TOLD me about it.

Sorry to ramble, just had to share that. I'm having a hard time this week for some reason.
10/06/08
Logan stillborn, loved beyond measure

Journey to Logan video http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e54597...314d673d3d0d0a

Last edited by laurakatee; May 15th, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
May 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
I still haver everything of Malachi's around the house.
I will have to post some pictures soon.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search