Dear Gwen

Forum: Stillbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Stillbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hart's Avatar Veteran
I wrote this yesterday thought I'd share it with you ladies since you would understand better than most what this day really means for me.

Dear Gwen,
I know it's been awhile since you left us. I still think about you all the time. Don't worry it's not all the sad moments. I think about how excited I was to see you on the ultrasound moving around seeing your cute little feet and hands. How happy I was when I first started feeling you kicking and moving around. You weren't as active as your older brother, but you sure let me know you were there in your own ways. I remember how crazy I went when we found out we were expecting you. I bought so many baby clothes and little things I was sure I'd never see used. Your daddy wasn't exactly happy about the final count either , but we were all happy and smiling that day. You brightened up my day when I was feeling lousy. How your brother would give you kisses via my belly all the time. He thought it was so fun. Faye definitely learned not to sleep on mama's belly that one day We all had a good laugh though.

While it seems like a sad moment it was nice to finally meet you. To see the beautiful little girl that had been living in me for all those months. You were so big! You were over a pound and only an inch off from being a foot long. I guess all those trips to jack in the box were good eats for you. You were so perfect. I couldn't believe you had that light blonde hair you looked a lot like your daddy when he was a baby. We were all sad to see you go the next day and I'm sure it was hard on you too. I'm not as sad as I used to be, but I do miss you. We all miss you. You brought us a lot of joy and happiness you still do. Your grandma made me a book of all your pictures. I still look at that from time to time and remember all the happy moments we had together. How much you remind me of your father even right down to your personality.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since you've been born. A lot has changed since then that's for sure. Your father and I have worked through our grief we are a lot better now then we were then. Losing you was pretty hard on us. Your big brother is growing up a lot more now he'll be starting preschool next year. He finally got over his fear of the slides too. I remember having to drag him up and slide down with him when you were living inside of me. That was probably more fun for you two kiddos then it was for me heh my back ached that night. As for me, I'm trying to get our house ready for your two new younger siblings who are suppose to be here in the next few months. All in all we are all doing well. I know you are too.

I know you may be a little sad today wishing you could be with us, we wish you could too. I want you to know you will always have a place here in our family. We won't forget about you and I hope you don't forget about us either. We love you, Gwen.
#3, #4 due in September 2009

May 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
heathernoel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Birthday, little girl You have doubly blessed your mommy, and I know you are smiling at her and tickling your brother and sister's toes. Rest in peace, little one.
May 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Happy Birthday Gwen! You have a very special mommy!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 16th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Proud Momma
awww, happy 1st birthday Gwen! May you be at peace with the other Angel babies!
May 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
Happy 1st birthday Gwen.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
May 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Birthday Gwen!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search